It's easy to be an asshole (as posted by IA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Awards
The following is a post I read by Iron Addict. I see exactly what he's talking about all the time and just gets on my nerves. I guess I just don't understand it...

I frequent a lot of the lifting forums on a daily basis and like everyone else am often amused by peoples signature lines. I realize that it is mostly a by product of the age we live in, but is it disheartening to see so many that are obviously so caught-up in their macho trip that it is their intent to portray themselves as “the savage killer of men� and other bullshit like that. Are you guys that are sporting this moniker really that insecure you need to go that far? Are you really “savage killers of men�. Have you REALLY ever killed anyone, or even hurt anyone REALLY bad? If you have you will know it’s not cool, and it’s not something to be all proud of even if they were the instigators.

Who are you really impressing with this? Other young guys that have never really thought out this attitude much like yourself. It’s not hard to be an insensitive asshole and hurt people at every turn. It is really hard to be someone that cares about others lives and feelings and tries to have empathy and compassion for those we share this world with. Do you try to help people when you can? Or do you try to hurt them? If your signature line is one of the kill ‘em all let god sort ‘em out types it would go to reason that you must be happier doing harm to others. Is that how you want your life fashioned? If you are not a brainless idiot bent on pain and destruction, maybe you should rethink how you are presenting yourself. And if you really do stand for all that…..well you ought to rethink your outlook.

Iron Addict

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
iron addict is an idiot. BTW has anyone ever seen a pic of him?????

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
umm..isn't he a supposed to be a personal trainer?

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
He definitely doesn't deserve his guru or cult status. I don't understand how people can say his programs are the greatest since sliced bread but has people take steroids with it. Maybe it's the drugs not the program. Then you have people who are beginners come in and say they put 90 lbs on their bench using his methods and it turns out they just started lifting and their bench went from 135 to 225 over a year.To me he seems like a kool aide drinking HIT disciple. He does say he recommends some volume once in a while but the majority of the time he is just saying a bunch of HIT rhetoric. He thinks the pros are all genetic freaks that has nothing to do with the drugs. I guess that with that logic he doesn't see his own hypocrisy.

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
I guess I must be one of those guys who wants to "kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" seems how I have some lyrics from a song in my sig that I just happen to like. :shrugz:

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
umm..isn't he a supposed to be a personal trainer?
I believe he is. However, just because someone is a personal trainer don't equate to them knowing what they are talking about.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Guys please keep the trash talking out of this board. We are better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.