Reactive Auto Security

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know of any ACTIVE auto security solutions?

It seems to me that alarms don't really do ****, except piss off your neighbors.

I've had my car broken into twice now, and had guitars and amps stolen.

I don't want some **** that whistles...I want something that either:

1. Incapcitates the crook
2. Stains them beyond hope of "clean up" with a nasty identifiable dye or foam
3. Implants some sort of trackable device or marker
4. Physically harms the person and prevents intrusion/theft

Basically, I want something that fights back...you know, you break into my car and it fills with nerve gas, or something. Like, the window breaks and an air-bag like satchel of ink and toxic foam engulfs the thief...or a taser-like device shocks them into unconsciousness while simultaneously notifying authorities and shooting pepper into their face.

I do know of one solution, the Auto Taser, but that was discontinued. I also think they have a flamethrower alarm in South Africa, but not here.

Any ideas?

BTW, what's the law on protecting your stuff, anyway? Can you legally beat someone down who is stealing from you? My other thought is to put something enticing in my car and stay up all night around the corner with my friend and a baseball bat.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Bump for some input. I'm interested in this too. :D

littlemark

Awards
I saw that flamethrower once on TV - some pretty serious stuff!!

Too bad they won't let you do anything good like that in N. America. You know, the land where the criminals have more 'human rights' than the victims of their cowardly crimes.

If anyone knows of anything useful - and fundamentally crime deterring - please fill us in.

Du510

Awards
Hire a midget with a stun gun. He can hang out under your car till its about to be broken into. Then, wham, the guy is down.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Brodus, I know your probably looking for some real, useful info here. Sorry, I don't have any of that. But it reminded me of a series of commercials that were run by a local car dealership. I found this video of it on the net. I think this would be ideal for your situation. The TRUNK MONKEY.

http://www.ragsdalecars.com/custom/Bridge.mov

This isn't the dealership that ran the ads in my area, so you may have seen the same thing by yet another dealership where you live. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

dd

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As far as i know, the best thing to do is get an alarm w/ a pager. My remote beeps and alerts me that someone is breaking into my car, so i can run outside w/ a baseball bat and get shot. Pretty sweet =)

The one i have is the viper 791xv, u can get it for like $200 and install yourself if u know how, or like $400- $450 installed most places.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain and frustration Brodus. As far as the type of systems you are wanting, I don't believe they would be legal. However, you can make up your own with your inventive mind. Or, I think the Anarchist Cookbook has some things like that in it. The only problem is you would be setting yourself up for a civil lawsuit, and posible criminal charges. Why let a scumbag get the better of you that way? I know the saying goes..."dead men tell no tales", but their family members will while in court talking about the loss of such a great member of society.

You are able to protect your property, self, and others while using "reasonable" force. Dealy force can be used if you believe your life is in danger, or someone elses life is in danger. If someone is breaking into your vehicle, and the run away, youu can go after them and detainn them until cops arrive. If that person resists...oh well. You can use what force you need to.

If you don't know anyone already, get to know some of your local cops. Maybe they'll try and work a decoy detail using your vehicle.

I'd provide more info but I need to get for right now. Hope things get better for you.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Most of the active security devices avaliable at places like

http://www.amazing1.com/

are either illegal to employ in most jurisdictions and/or a rightgeous "stunning" of a thief can expose one to serious civil jeopardy.

FWIW, don't use the "Anarchist Cookbook" for anything, it's bad info writen by hippie radicals who did'nt know either safe or effctive procedure, buy better books on improvised mischief from sellers like Paladin and Loompanics.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The only problem is you would be setting yourself up for a civil lawsuit, and posible criminal charges. Why let a scumbag get the better of you that way?
That **** pisses me off when a law abiding citizen protects himself and suddenly becomes the criminal :frustrate

I don't know what kind of neighborhood you live in, but perhaps you and your neighbors should organize and look out for each other and communicate on suspicious behavior.

What I would do is leave a trap fot the thief in your car and then shoot him with a bee bee gun, you won't kill him and you'll **** him up too, but that's just too extreme for our society now a day

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
What I would do is leave a trap fot the thief in your car and then shoot him with a bee bee gun, you won't kill him and you'll **** him up too, but that's just too extreme for our society now a day
LOL...that would be sweet to get that on video. How about lighting the guy up with a paint ball gun with half frozen balls? Some types of curb side justice can be fun.

BryanFury

Awards
I have a street/strip corvette that I cruise when i have the time. The stingray is the most stolen muscle car ever...so I cover my ass.

As was said by JonBlaze, get an alarm with a pager. Second, dual fuel cuttoff switches. Shut off the fuel pump, the car isn't going anywhere. I have one under the seat and one under the dash. They might beat it up a beat trying to go, but thats the extent of it.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the ideas and links, guys.

Unfortunately I don't live in an area where I trust my neighbors. In fact, I live across the street from a police precinct, and it does nothing to improve safety, which is why I started thinking along these lines.

I'll probably go with a combo alarm/pager unit, and maybe rig a shocking device to the car, too