What I ate for my birthday.......HELP

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Ok, some of you know i have the worst stomach in the world, bleeding ulcer among other issues....I decide last night because I am STUPID!!! to eat a mini twix bar for my birthday, ever just want something, so I did........Figured it's what the size of a piece of gum, what can it hurt........OH MY GOSH!!!!!

The pain is incrediable, I have done like 5 shots of heavy cream, cant do anymore as my stomach is to full.....and well now the barfing is coming to play..........Hard to teach kids when I am doubled over in pain on the floor, of walking holding my stomach........(great the kids think I am the funniest teacher in the world......)

Any thoughts on what I may be able to take, or do until this is out of my system? Licroice extract was suggested but I took it to late, and had no effect!!!!!!!!!!!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wrangle,I didnt know you are a teacher thats cool as far as the tummy goes try dry wheat toast plain. When I used to party and felt like kaka in the morning the dry toast helped...Good luck

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Maybe something that coats your stomach lining such as M.O.M. or Pepto may help?

By the way...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :cheers:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Ginger's a better treatment for this than Liquorice, and for a longer term treatment of ulcers, look into the combo of Fresh green cabbage and celery juice, the holistic people swear by it and there are medical studies out supporting it.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Fresh green cabbage and celery juice......Ugghhh sounds nasty but at this point I will try anything.....thanks.......

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Bump on the ginger. :thumbsup:

Hope you feel better.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
... you should really get that taken care of. I had a very nasty experience a few months ago. I had a sinus infection and the drainage was irritating my stomach and esophagus (sp?) that it caused me to start coughing. I didn't have a sore throat; the Dr gave me some allergy med and I got the hiccups. So, now I was coughing and hiccups for days and the gastric juice or whatever the hell that was started coming up my throat and irritated the hell out of my throat and tongue - then I started burping. so now every time I breathed it was a gamble: a)cough b) cough + hiccup c)cough + hiccup + burp, etc. you get the picture - it was gross. Anyway, I went back to the Dr and he gave me something called Aciphex and that stuff took care of it.
If you don't have insurance you can get Prilosec OTC and it works too. Either way get it taken care of and best of luck.
Oh and yes, happy belated birthday.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I've been told Aloe vera juice can help with ulcers. don't take my word for it but you may want to consider it if nothing else works for you

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok, some of you know i have the worst stomach in the world, bleeding ulcer among other issues....I decide last night because I am STUPID!!! to eat a mini twix bar for my birthday, ever just want something, so I did........Figured it's what the size of a piece of gum, what can it hurt........OH MY GOSH!!!!!

The pain is incrediable, .....

Why do you have a bleeding ulcer? If you haven't seen a doctor for it, it would be the first thing I'd do if something like a twix bar could cause problems.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Cimetadine @ 800mgs. I've had acid reflux for years now and nexium was the only thing that worked for me but insurance wont cover it so now as soon as I feel the HB coming on I down 800mg of tagamet and it kills it in about ten minutes. Fortunately I dont need to do this everyday the doc thinks the nexium may have healed things up a bit. You definitely need to see a doc about that though SERIOUS health complications can arise from AR or Ulcers.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
shoot, maybe i should put down this king size twix then? :blink:
I always go with otc meds that coat the inside lining. Simple things like antacids and tums. Btw, really cool you're in the teaching field girl. Feel better.
Sage

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Ok I cant cut and paste like others can, But i have gone to the Dr, I live at the drs office these days......I am on a first name basis with the staff at the blood lab, heck they know me by name......So yes I have been to the Dr, other medical things are more pressing at this time ( yes there is something else, I am a medical marvel).......He has tried, nexuim, and prilosec and nothing so far touches it, so I decided that I was going to be a MD myself and just not eat!!! works for me.....yeah I know not the right thing......But hey it beats barfing at school!!!!!!!!! I just need to find the combination of things that work, so I guess I am a work in progress!!!

Sage, I am a special ed teacher of little ones, this yr 3-4 yr olds, in the afternoon, and in the mornings I go into homes and work 1:1 with special needs 2-3 yr olds, it's very cool although I miss my kindergarten kids from last yr!!!

thanks for all the info I will be sure to try it all :)

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My mother took antacids like zantac for years for her gastric trouble. Then she had more tests which confirmed she had a bacterial infection (helicobacter pylori?) which caused stomach ulcers and took medication which cleared things up for good. So all the while, the zantac was simply easing the symptoms but not curing the problem.