Funny stories on the job or getting fired....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So what's some funny stories that has happened to you on a job....

Or cost you or someone you know to lose a job?

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
So what's some funny stories that has happened to you on a job....

Or cost you or someone you know to lose a job?
A gay guy was so focused on getting me fired that he told my boss I called him a word that rhymes with mag. I laughed it off an put my two weeks in

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
A gay guy was so focused on getting me fired that he told my boss I called him a word that rhymes with mag. I laughed it off an put my two weeks in
Hell naw.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A friend of mine had an interview to be a barista at this coffee place. He actually breezed through most of the interview process fairly well and established a real good report with the interviewer. However, towards the end of the interview the interviewer began describing how he'll be serving a wide variety of customers, many of whom may be irritated, anxious, etc, and that part of the job requires him interacting with customers and trying to make them feel good. So, he should be able to tell jokes. So the interviewer asked if he could share a joke. Caught completely off guard, my friend went through his memory bank and could only come up with two. It was between a dead baby joke and "the Hellen Keller" joke. So, AT LEAST knowing that the dead baby joke is never appropriate, he decided to go with the other one:

J: "Why can't Hellen Keller drive?"
Interviewer: *smiling, chuckling a bit and curious* "I don't know, why?"
J: "Because she's a woman!"

That's when the interview ended. The next day, my friend got a call telling him he did not get the job. A week later, he received another call, telling him he still didn't have the job.

Guess the joke didn't fly too well.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Any more stories out there?

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
Well this was funny for me not for my old boss (MASSIVE JERK) i rocked up to work at our yard where we store all our work cars and trucks.

Anyways my boss drove his brand new HSV GTS ($100000) and was rushing on one of the guys to load a shipping container onto the truck he got sick of waiting so he went to do it his self clipped another container flipped the fork lift with the other container right onto the back of his BRAND NEW CAR crashed the trunk and part of the roof. haha

I was given the day off with pay due to OH&S rules and he had to get his crumpled beer can of a car moved. Was classed as a total loss dick head haha

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
I work on a cardiac floor. This big tongan guy cardiac arrested. His kids (daughter and son) were in the room. Three of us got into the room, there was one nurse in there already, but she couldn't push hard enough on the guys chest to do good compressions, so she yelled at me to start compressions. This was my first code so i was all adrenaline. The son was in the corner with his back to us and his hands were flailing in the air. In all the excitement i jumped over the i.v. lines and slapped the kids hands (essentially giving him a hi-five) and started compressions. The code team had just started showing so doctors and others had filled the room. Afterwards, the lead doc of the code team walked up to me and said "Did i see you slap that kid a hi-five". It turns out that the son was mentally challenged and all the excitement was freaking him out. Needless to say, that story is still floating around the floor this day. They told me i should be at the codes for encouragement. How about a hi-five for everyone before we start compressions?

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
Also, we have a crazy lady who works for us as a c.n.a. A patient coded while her and a doctor were in the room. The doc started compressions and yelled for her to call the code. She leaves the room and comes back a minute or two later with everyone in the room and pushes her way to the doctor and tries to hand him a "coke" He just looked at her and yelled "what the f**k is this"? She says "You told me to grab a coke" Funniest sh*t in a long time.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work on a cardiac floor. This big tongan guy cardiac arrested. His kids (daughter and son) were in the room. Three of us got into the room, there was one nurse in there already, but she couldn't push hard enough on the guys chest to do good compressions, so she yelled at me to start compressions. This was my first code so i was all adrenaline. The son was in the corner with his back to us and his hands were flailing in the air. In all the excitement i jumped over the i.v. lines and slapped the kids hands (essentially giving him a hi-five) and started compressions. The code team had just started showing so doctors and others had filled the room. Afterwards, the lead doc of the code team walked up to me and said "Did i see you slap that kid a hi-five". It turns out that the son was mentally challenged and all the excitement was freaking him out. Needless to say, that story is still floating around the floor this day. They told me i should be at the codes for encouragement. How about a hi-five for everyone before we start compressions?
lol this is hilarious

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Keep em coming.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick one here....had a huge fat blob of a guy...drunk at a bar being a dick...well me and my partner get called there and he comes outside and said pfff it's going to take a way bigger motha to take me down then you (pointing at me) I said well no I think what you mean is a more muscular motha which I by the looks of you deff am....he then flips out and started walking towards me and boom my partner zapped the **** out of him haha I was sad tho bc I wanted to throw down with the blob

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Quick one here....had a huge fat blob of a guy...drunk at a bar being a dick...well me and my partner get called there and he comes outside and said pfff it's going to take a way bigger motha to take me down then you (pointing at me) I said well no I think what you mean is a more muscular motha which I by the looks of you deff am....he then flips out and started walking towards me and boom my partner zapped the **** out of him haha I was sad tho bc I wanted to throw down with the blob
:laughing:

Good shyt!