popuppers.com

PC1

I don't know if any of you have struggled with this but it was driving me nuts for days trying to get rid of that d*mned pop up. I have Ad-aware and Spybot and neither could get rid of it. Even not being connected to the Internet, with the computer turned on, it would just keep popping up every so often....... leave the computer unattended and come back and voila, 8 instances of IE open with popuppers.com

I came across a thread that recommended going into Windows control panel, add/remove programs, and then uninstall:

MediaMotor

That did it, thankfully

Hope it helps.

Be well

size

Awards
  • Established
Try downloading Mozilla FireFox to use as your browser. It seems to work much better than Explorer

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
bump to the firefox, i DLed it a week ago and its awesome.

the best thing is the built in search bars that you can add. it also stops all pop ups too.

PC1

Try downloading Mozilla FireFox to use as your browser. It seems to work much better than Explorer
Thank you Size. I've taken your advice and am trying it out now. Does it eliminate the need for anti-spyware programs by itself, or are these still necessary to run once in awhile?

Redspy

Board Supporter
Awards
bump to the firefox, i DLed it a week ago and its awesome.

the best thing is the built in search bars that you can add. it also stops all pop ups too.
Another bump on Firefox. I love the various free 'extentions' which are available like AdBlock and BugMeNot. They go along way to improving your online experience by reducing ads and other annoyances.

size

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Size. I've taken your advice and am trying it out now. Does it eliminate the need for anti-spyware programs by itself, or are these still necessary to run once in awhile?
I still have some spyware stuff but it rarely finds anything when I run it.