King Kamali--The no BS guy of BBing?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I don't think so. He tries to come off that way, but honestly...take a look at his "royal timeline" at his website. lol. I like the picture of him where he was supposedly "13 years old". :think:

link: (see bottom of page) http://www.kingkamali.com/default.asp#jackass

Now, I understand some people have good genetics, but he claimed to have never touched weights until he was 16. I believe him, but that pic is not of a 13 year old who has never touched weights.

Then, I was over at bbing.com and he talked specifically about gaining 60lbs in one summer when he "really got serious". Ha, ha...This guy's a joke! I used to kinda like his attitude.

Last edited:
S

size

Awards
  • Established
He does seem to be arrogant but I think it goes with the sport; an obsession of vanity. However, it is nice to see him take some time to post on message boards.

To those who did not know, bb.com has gotten a few pros to post in the IFBB section at bb.com. Pros include, Shawn Ray, Bob Chic, Chris Cook, Lee Priest, King

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
yeah, it is nice to see him there. That's why I kept my mouth shut over there :D I just can't stand it when the VPX ideals are paraded (i.e. 60lbs in a summer), ya know what I mean.

Shawn Ray is super cool. Priest is awesome. I'm really looking forward to this, I just hope that all the "kiddos" at the forum don't ruin it.

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I beleive he was 13 in the pic. I knew a 16 yr old that was ripped and by far larger than that and he didn't lift.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think it's true, he trains at a gym I used to train at in Northern Virginia.
he is a fairly nice guy at least to me

R

Rock Lee

Awards
Warning: Dangerous levels of thumb and finger pointing detected.

S

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Bro you got to much time on your hands.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I think it's true, he trains at a gym I used to train at in Northern Virginia.
he is a fairly nice guy at least to me
Well, I guess you can believe it or not. I personally don't. I know plenty of nice people who BS the hell out of you. Ones a good friend and one my uncle. (among others). They'll look straight in your face and tell you a complete lie. I'm sure he's nice and I'm not trying to demean him, but come on!! 60 lbs over a single summer!!! Maybe with a huge cycle and tons of excess fat and water gain. That would be the equivalent of me going from how I look now, to putting arnold to shame in the matter of 3 months. I just have a very hard time believing that....He seems really nice though, I'm just saying this is completelly absurd.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
OH that's what you're talking about? Yeah thats a complete lie.
Well, Idon't believe that's him at 13 either. If it is, it's a damn flattering picture, becaus at 13 years old, if you don't lift weights, you won't look like that. Now, MAYBE if he did lift weights at 13 with his genetics he could look like that. I wouldn't be that skeptical about. (Well, except his head looks 3 or 4 years older than that.) Hell, his 17 year old picture looks like him at 13 with a different hair cut and a fat face...not much size difference.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I remember hearing he was 5'8'' 155lbs in the 12th grade, when he started training at Golds in NOVA.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I remember hearing he was 5'8'' 155lbs in the 12th grade, when he started training at Golds in NOVA.
Ha, ha...that should tell you something right there if it's true. LOL. Remember the pic he showed on his website @ 18 yrs old???? :D He wasn't 155lbs! I think he may have just adjusted a few years on his "Royal Timeline". Regardless, I like his build more than most in the sport today and he's got great genetics. I'm just starting to think he's got an exaggeration problem, so to speak.

L

LittleChina

Awards
yeah, it is nice to see him there. That's why I kept my mouth shut over there :D I just can't stand it when the VPX ideals are paraded (i.e. 60lbs in a summer), ya know what I mean.

Shawn Ray is super cool. Priest is awesome. I'm really looking forward to this, I just hope that all the "kiddos" at the forum don't ruin it.
Funny I am always hearing how Shawn Ray is the greediest "asshole" out there. :think:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Funny I am always hearing how Shawn Ray is the greediest "asshole" out there. :think:
He may be a greedy asshole; but he was super cool to the people where he was doing promotional stuff. He wasn't charing for autographs like that asshole Lou Ferrigno!! He was nice the whole time. I didn' stick around long. I just wanted to see his guns up close and personal. I noticed two things. He is shorter than I thought and I think he was "off cycle" LOL. He was big though, don't get me wrong....

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Ha, ha...that should tell you something right there if it's true. LOL. Remember the pic he showed on his website @ 18 yrs old???? :D He wasn't 155lbs! I think he may have just adjusted a few years on his "Royal Timeline". Regardless, I like his build more than most in the sport today and he's got great genetics. I'm just starting to think he's got an exaggeration problem, so to speak.

Wait you're right. I'm all over the place. He's been training at Golds in NOVA since he was in 10th grade. Some of the older guys told me - I remember Shari (King Kamali) went he was 150lbs in high school.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
LOL. I'm glad you picked up on it :D

Anybody who calls themselves "KING" has got to be prone to exaggerating a bit. Doesn't mean they're a bad guy, but hell, he probably thinks so much of himself he believes it!!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've just seen the 'human' side of him. Sitting on a bench looking depressed. Overall a good guy I think. Asks others nicely to spot him and such.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've just seen the 'human' side of him. Sitting on a bench looking depressed. Overall a good guy I think. Asks others nicely to spot him and such.
I'm the same way I guess. And I'm a total jerk (says alot of people). So you never know... :thumbsup: :goodpost:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Everyone has their ups and downs.

You don't seem like a jerk to me...just confident. :D (That's what I try to convince myself about me anyway :))