gods not dead is a cool song
    •   

4. New Member

Norma Jean!!!!
    "above all else, WILLINGNESS is the most effective at reaching your goals"
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I knew Head became a christian and left Korn, which blew me away. Did you know Korn's bassist became a born again Christian? I think that's pretty awesome.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=clQt6N0B8xI
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    IRON FLEX SUPPLEMENTS REP SAVE 20% WITH LUKE20 @ IRONFLEXSUPPS.COM
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

A couple by FIREFLIGHT
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Another band with a chick lead singer
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

For those that like rap......

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Third Day -"Take it all"
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Surprised no one has said TFK yet.

15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9Ruger View Post
    Third Day -"Take it all"
    I really like Third Day. They have some awesome songs.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Really good song by Casting Crowns.

17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Another good one from Casting Crowns.
  18. New Member

...let's not forget Slayer. (sarcasm)
    "above all else, WILLINGNESS is the most effective at reaching your goals"
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

any songs of HILLSONG will do
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Same here to a degree. I only listen to Christian music nowadays but sometimes miss the adrenaline pushing secular stuff (only for the purposes of getting amped mentally for 5am/6am work outs)

That said, when I listen to some of the harder stuff (and Ive seen a few video's on GodTV) I often wonder if many of these bands chose the Christian genre ONLY b/c the field is not NEARLY as competitive as the secular arena.

I know I know, I am not supposed to judge but some of that stuff does not PRAISE GOD. No way! Not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I'm old school, I like good old southern gospel music when I lift. The new stuff is loud and irrevernet IMO.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

ANYTHING by Third Day. That main singer dude not only has an incredibly unique voice, he seems to genuine about his love of Jesus every time he talks. Dude is the real deal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9Ruger View Post
    Third Day -"Take it all"
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

That was pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Keep in mind, there is often a certain level of interpretation needed for some of the heavier stuff. There is a large audience of people that will be reached by those kind of bands that won't be reached by traditional worship music.
    Romans 8:38-39

Save sorrow for the souls in doubt
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Actually, that's a very good point
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Actually, that's a very good point

Personally, I love the heavy type of music. It's only recently that I've started to appreciate worship music. Depends on my mood.

At one time I would have not listened to anything that made a joyful noise unto the Lord if it had not been for some of the heavy stuff. I've started to try and become accountable for what I listen to, knowing that it's a direct reflection of where my heart lies. Something that I struggle with as a sinner for sure.

So, yeah. I'm glad you can see that side of it!

26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Good stuff partner. We Christians all have varying paths to the Lord, the specifics are irrelevant ya know?
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Good stuff partner. We Christians all have varying paths to the Lord, the specifics are irrelevant ya know?
    That's right!

28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post

Personally, I love the heavy type of music. It's only recently that I've started to appreciate worship music. Depends on my mood.

At one time I would have not listened to anything that made a joyful noise unto the Lord if it had not been for some of the heavy stuff. I've started to try and become accountable for what I listen to, knowing that it's a direct reflection of where my heart lies. Something that I struggle with as a sinner for sure.

So, yeah. I'm glad you can see that side of it!
    This is what I was trying to say earlier, in the fact that different music genera can reach a wider spectrum of people to lead them to a saving faith and help strengthen the faith that they have.
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm another fellow christian weightlifter. I tend to lean more towards contemporary christian music like third day.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.

I am a Christian weight lifter also. I Tend to listen to bands such as devil wears Prada a day to remember I try to listen to more Christian music but alot of it like kutless just sounds like they are trying to hard to be secular. Some of the few Christian bands I like are Chevelle and Norma jean
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

3rd day baby....wut wut

Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    I'm another fellow christian weightlifter. I tend to lean more towards contemporary christian music like third day.
  32. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post
    Lukehayd... You a fellow christian weight lifter? Glad to hear that!

I love me some Christian metal core. I enjoy looking up the lyrics and deriving meaning from them, they aren't always as straight forward as worship music tends to be.

With that being said.. You'll find me rocking out to some:

As I lay Dying, Blessthefall, The Color Morale, Demon Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, Memphis May Fire, Pillar, Underoath, We came as Romans, Skillet

Also like: For the Fallen Dreams. But I'm not sure they are actually a band of Christians. But their music is extremely motivating for a workout.

Do you ever listen to Christian Rap? I like some: Tedashii, Flame, Lecrae ... Some good stuff there if you care for that type of music.

The lyrics from Demon Hunter: Carry Me Down...
    "Save sorrow for the souls in doubt" is actually tattooed on my chest under "Matthew 25:46". Those lyrics spoke to my heart so much that I wanted to integrate them into my tattoo.

God Bless. Let me know what you think of any of those! Definitely appreciate this thread, btw!
    right on, ever head destroy the runner? august burns red is one of my fave bands as far as metalcore goes, kinda scratchy live but they have some great jams. cant wait to see as i lay dying on july 4th at mayhem fest!
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

For Today . New album is sick , can't lift with it yet though cause my USB cable is broken -.- War of Ages is good too.
  34. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Update.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan
    For Today . New album is sick , can't lift with it yet though cause my USB cable is broken -.- War of Ages is good too.
    For today is sick. I'm seeing them in Rochester next month. War or ages, devil wears prada, as I lay dying, haste the day.. The list goes on lol
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish21981
    August Burns Red
    Saw them a few weeks ago - great band
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm a big Christian Rap fan:

The Cross Movement
    Da' Truth
    LeCrae
    Flame
    Tedashii
    Mars Ill
    Manafest
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

sub'd.
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    sub'd.
    How old is your little guy? I'm expecting my first on February 22nd.
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: Yesterday, 05:40 AM
  2. What Type Of Music Do You Listen To While Lifting?
    By TheMeatus101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 07:28 PM
  3. Good lifting music...
    By mathis50262 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 05:14 PM
  4. Best Lifting Music
    By vruge87 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 02:59 PM
  5. What Music Do You listen to while lifting?
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 12:27 PM