story bout buying pins :D

B

bulkmuscle

Awards
i was planning on ordering from getpinz but thought i might as well try and see if i can just get them from a pharmacy first.

wow that was awkward

me: "hi do you have 25 gauge 1" needles with a 3cc syringe?"

pharmacist: "uhh 25 gauge? no we dont have any of those. im not even sure they make those anymore (dunno wtf she was talking about), what do you need them for?"

me: (started getting lil nervous haha) "uhh insulin.. yeah"

pharmacist: "those are pretty big to be used for insulin"

me: "yeah.. uh.. i dunno, my dad said to come in here and ask if you have them"

pharmacist: (walks over to computer) "whats your dads name?"

me: "uh yeah you know what forget it i wasnt even gonna buy them today, i was just wondering if you had them, thanks tho!"

haha, i figured she woulda lectured me or given me **** for saying i need them for pinning gear. anyways, i ended up going to my gf's old pharmacy with her and they had a whole box of 25gauge 1" B-D syringes, so i was stoked. bought 39 of them for $11! pretty sweet deal.

I

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Yea some pharmacist give you crap about buying pins, last time I had to buy at a pharmacy they tried that and I said if you dont sell them to me I'm just going to Longs down the street and take all my other scripts with me. (I get about two hundred dollars a month on prescriptions with insurance) They were happy to sell them to me then.

C

coofoostu

Awards
Did you go to a large pharmacy like wallgreens or cvs or did you just go to a small local one?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Ha, ha...that would be very akward. If you ever have to ask again, you can say you're pinning your dog w/ penicillin for an infection and your vet is a further drive, so you thought you'd stop by here first :) Just a thought...

B

bulkmuscle

Awards
Did you go to a large pharmacy like wallgreens or cvs or did you just go to a small local one?
it was in shopper drug mart, then i went to the drug store in loblaws. (canadian stores)

T

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
say your pinning vit b 12
why should they care??? do they ask what you are going to do with 17 cans of tuna.....i dont understand that ****. they give FREE pins to heroin addicts on the steet, but they give you 20 questions for this....

C

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
why should they care??? do they ask what you are going to do with 17 cans of tuna.....i dont understand that ****. they give FREE pins to heroin addicts on the steet, but they give you 20 questions for this....
You could always tell them you are a heroin addict :icon_lol:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had the same problem getting insulin. Started asking me what I needed it for and I threw in a story about experiments and rabbits...She seemed to get excited and was more than happy to help me out.

J

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
humulin R does not require a scrip. this is one of the best kept secrets around. i actually find it pretty amazing that such an incredibly dangerous drug (compare the therapeutic dose to the LD50 dose) is available OTC. granted, it needs to be injected to be dangerous (thus diminishing the likelihood that it will be abused, since most garden variety drug users and idiots don't shoot up.), and it is hardly a "recreational" drug for people looking for psychoactivity/a buzz. consider for example, how many unsuccessful suicide attempts there are with various OTC and Rx drugs. it is practically impossible, and would be painless and easy to commit suicide via insulin inject. thankfully, this is not well known. the primary reason, imo why insulin is OTC is probably lobby pressure. there are a LOT of diabetics etc. thus the FDA probably says "whatever". it is not like there is any history of insulin abuse/death in the general public (at least that they are aware of). let some 18 year old wannabe ronnie coleman dood die from insulin while tryng to get hyooge, otoh, and the law may change. otoh, they would probably just blame his death on creatine

B

bulkmuscle

Awards
yeah i dont think even most pharmacists know slin is used by bb'ers, so using some biology experiment as an excuse would work well i would think. or even saying you'r picking them up for your diabetic friend whos sick.

J

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i should note that the laws vary from state to state on this, but in many states, pharmacists are entitled to ask questions of a person in regards to OTC items kept behind the counter (insulin and pins, for instance) and even deny a person access to the item if they think it is warranted. iow, they have a bit of discretion in regards to dispensing OTC items that are behind the counter. that's because you have no "constitutional right" to purchase insulin, or needles. they are merely over the counter items, in many states, which means you are not legally prohibited from doing so. i would be willing to bet, for example, that if you said "i'm injecting insulin to get bigger muscles. i'm not a diabetic" and then asked for some humulin-r, he'd probably tell you to f*ck off. from a liability angle, that would also be the safer thing to do. an issue where pharmacist discretion has come into play is with the "day after" pill. some pharmacists have refused to dispense this drug, saying it goes against their beliefs. the general law, as i understand it, allows them this discretion.

T

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wow so slin is available w/o a script... son of a... and I know a Kroger employee that gets all of her pharmacy meds for a flat fee of 5$... *thinks*

C

coofoostu

Awards
wow so slin is available w/o a script... son of a... and I know a Kroger employee that gets all of her pharmacy meds for a flat fee of 5$... *thinks*
Hehe... Just be carefull bro.

G

GangstaJDog

Banned
Awards
Well here in the states I always go to a local Walgreens and the other day I was asked in sort of a humorous way about why I was getting the pins. I just replied "Come on man, Vitamin B12, can't you tell?" and we both laughed it off, the pharmacy tech was a younger guy. I then went on to tell him he didn't have to sell them to me because it's his choice by law, but then he told me I was wrong and that in actuality unless I told him straight up that I was doing something illegal with them, he HAD to sell them to me. Lucky me.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Lucky bastards, we can't buy pins OTC in California

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
****, just sleep with the hottie chick pharmacist like I did.. ;)