Umbilical Hernia

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone ever have one?? I just noticed I have a very slight/small one today. Is this something that I can just deal w/ or should I go get it fixed ASAP? What about the gym? Lay off for a while or keep working out? I Googled it, & only saw mostly stuff for infants.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nobody out there has any experience with this??

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
you might be able to get away with ignoring it for a short time but eventually it will just get bigger until its surgically repaired. straining at the gym will obviously make it worse faster. careful for signs of strangulation... extreme pain, nausea, vomiting, fever etc.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I'm on my 2nd day of not working out.. Sucks, but I'm not doing anything strenuous until I see my Dr tomorrow morning.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I'm on my 2nd day of not working out.. Sucks, but I'm not doing anything strenuous until I see my Dr tomorrow morning.
My doc said I don't have to do it unless its bad. (as in the insurance won't cover it unless I'll die from it....)
But yea, just keep mental note of it. And don't blow out your guts when you're lifting ;)

lilarny

lilarny

Awards
I had surgery in 01 for this. Doc told me no more heavy lifting. Needless to say its back. I felt a pop around 03,04 while deadlifting.. doesn't bother me much now..I just push it back in bout once a week. Hurts for a split second, but its better afterwards. New doc said just watch it, if it gets bigger come see him. It's about the size of a grape right now.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I went yesterday & the Doc said it's not a hernia!! He said if it is, it's a 1% hernia. He told me to continue doing whatever I do, & if it does get bigger to come in.

The trip wasn't totally wasted though. The Dr's nurse practicioner was HOTTT!!! She was sitting at the desk asking me the questions & she pulled her skirt up just a little more to reveal some very smoth, toned legs. Right after she did that, she looked up at me & saw me checkin out her legs. She knew what she was doing... Its cool though, it was all worth it!!

Trying to figure out how to get me a follow up! Lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 0
Injury / Rehab 0
Injury / Rehab 10
Whorid Injury / Rehab 6
Bigman1292 Injury / Rehab 11