goiod jobs that can be found with a masters digree

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
What are some good jobs that can be found with a Masters digree? Not nessasarily in the feild of a major, but in general?

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
What are some good jobs that can be found with a Masters digree? Not nessasarily in the feild of a major, but in general?
sure hope you dont have a masters, makes me feel real dumb then

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
try hooked on phonics.......i recommend a double major!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
depends on what ya degree is in and what place your applying. I know some places that won't even consider you unless your degree matches up with what they are looking for.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this a joke?

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
With a masters you can get paid more to do the same job as someone with a bachelors, teach up to the community college level, or possibly get a job with more responsibility/decision making than someone with a bachelors.

With a bachelors you can get a job.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where I live you need a bachelors just to deliver pizzas, so ... deliver pizzas? Wait tables? You pick!

If you actually majored in something useful like a science or engineering degree, there are plenty of places you can apply. Lab research positions in a university (academic), at private research companies (private sector), lots of engineering firms that are constantly hiring, government research facilities, private security firms (I have several friends who went straight out of college to work at Northrop Grumman), etc. You won't be considered at all for a financial firm unless you have a lot of connections; you need far more than a bachelors to work at one.

lastchance

lastchance

Awards
Lesson of this thread if you go to school get a degree in something useful. My girl had a bachelors in history she had the same problem and couldn't find a job anywhere. Now she's working at Devereaux which is a center for impaired kids(extremely impaired) extremely stressful work for shi* wages and she absolutely hates it. Alot of the people she works with too are in the same boat. One guy she works with actually has a PhD (in archeology) and that was the only job he could find. Needless to say she is enrolling back into school and will begin her masters in something else. It's the signs of the tough times we are in a regular college degree in just anything won't cut it anymore.