place to get a good online personal training digree

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I whant to be a personal trainer and a good one, not someone who only gets part time hours. HWere's a p[lace to get a good online digree?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not a degree; it's a certification and the certification is a mere foot in the door. Most of them are crap and you don't learn much from them.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
U can get a certification for like $500 lol.

PowerliftNY

Awards
AAPTE,,, offers "classes" and hands on training if there is something in your area

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would check out a community college or something like that. Learning online just isn't the same as real world.
It depends on what sort of gym he plans to work at. Any of the major chains have their own general guidelines as to what you are supposed to do anyhow, so what you learn in getting the certificate isn't all used.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know much about it. I just prefer to learn in person and in the real world. Learn by doing- know what I'm saying?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Alot of personal training certs are a joke. This is the reason why you see sooooo many bad trainers. I wish they held higher standards because it's like a noob coming on here recommending roids to someone. In Canada the only people I feel are legit are CSEP certified, you need a bachelors degree in a related field and lots of experience.