Uneven Triceps!! Favoritism or Nature?

PavelB

PavelB

Awards
I'm 17 years old, and I love aesthetics but my triceps are horribly uneven, my left arm is on its way into a "horseshoe" but my right arm is a horizontal blob.. the problem is I don't know if I was born with it (nature) or over time as I grew up I just used my right arm for everything (favoritism) my question is " is it possible to change the shape of my right triceps to match my left one?" If anyone can help, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone else suffer from this? If so, let me know what you do to balance it out?

LEFT TRICEPSphp2YhgcIPM.jpg

RIGHT TRICEPSphpvKVmJCPM.jpg

First post ever, be kind.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A few things I'd say off the bat is continue to stick with heavy compound movements as the basis of your workouts. Make sure you're nailing your form on all reps and exercising full range of motion. These will help with general growth as well as proper weight distribution throughout the exercise, all of which can help bring your body up symmetrically, especially early in your lifting career.

Now that I've made that plug, a few things that have been holding me back a bit. Now I haven't lifted for too long either, about 3 years, going on 2 years of lifting consistently as well as tracking calories. But still, I'm a decent size. However, I had problems with asymmetrical triceps and it wasn't until maybe 2-3 months ago when I noticed that I have a real tight left lat. I noticed this when I do tricep stretches, and the left one always takes a little longer to work it right because the left lat is so tight it's actively pulling my arm as if I was activating the tricep itself. In essence, I think my tight left lat sometimes does the work instead of my left tricep, so at the end of the day my triceps aren't being worked evenly. I haven't actually done much in the way of fixing this, but this might be a point you could investigate and attack later.

Anyways, if you actually have a strength issue between the triceps (as I said, I don't ever notice a strength difference doing skulls, french presses, close grip benching, dips, anything), then I would work on unilateral isolation work for the triceps, like one arm tri pulldowns, or one arm skulls. Maybe at the end of the set do an extra few with the lagging arm.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
also when you're taking a pic of your tri's.... you don't have to be in your underwears

i don't know how many exercises you're doing for tri's.. but i'd do at least half of them one armed if i was unbalanced.

PavelB

PavelB

Awards
Toro, the strength of my triceps are the same, I work every head twice a week after a benching workout. I do kickbacks and reverse grip pulldown from time to time, to switch it up so I'm not hitting a platue. I treat the triceps the same nowadays, in workouts, grocery stores, ect. I've been trying many different workouts to see change, thanks for the advice.. I'll keep at to see change and a couple months from now I'll post changes (if they happen)

Alex, I didn't really feel like putting shorts on for one picture, of my arm but thanks for the tip.