Need a doctor please!!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gf is having a lot of problems and I think her obgyn is a retard can someone understand what her lab results say??
Ok so her labs are abnormal She has gene mutations of MTHFR of the C677T and A1298C genes
Dr Montgomery is putting her on a folic acid supplement and everything i read online says to avoid folic acid anyone have any advice?

H

Holly TH

Awards
H,

Your girlfriend is compound heterozygous for the MTHFR polymorphism. This is the second most severe form of the mutation. She has a limited ability to metabolize synthetic folic acid (the type found in enriched foods as well as most prenatals and supplements). This puts her at risk for folate deficiency related pregnancy complications. I work with NeevoDHA, a prenatal specifically indicated for women with the MTHFR polymorphism. NeevoDHA contains active, already broken down L-methylfolate as an alternative to synthetic folic acid. L-methylfolate bypasses the mutation. It is 7 times more bioavailable than folic acid and increases folate levels and decreases homocysteine levels more effectively than folic acid. It is something simple and safe she can do to be certain MTHFR-related folate deficiency is not an issue for her.