One of the funniest emails I have received in a while

1. Registered User

One of the funniest emails I have received in a while

Writing Class

Remember the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"? Here's a prime example offered by an English professor from the University of Phoenix:

"Today we will experiment with a new form called the tandem story. The process is simple. Each person will pair off with the person sitting to his or her immediate right. As homework tonight, one of you will write the first paragraph of a short story. You will e-mail your partner that paragraph and send another copy to me. The partner will read the first paragraph and then add another paragraph to the story and send it back also sending another copy to me. The first person will then add a third paragraph, and so on back and forth. Remember to re-read what has been written each time in order to keep the story coherent. There is to be absolutely NO talking outside of the e-mails and anything you wish to say must be written in the e-mail. The story is over when both agree a conclusion has been reached."

The following was actually turned in by two of my English students: Rebecca (last name deleted), and Gary (last name deleted).

----------------------------------------------------------------

THE STORY:

(first paragraph by Rebecca)

At first, Laurie couldn't decide which kind of tea she wanted. The chamomile, which used to be her favorite for lazy evenings at home, now reminded her too much of Carl, who once said, in happier times, that he liked chamomile. But she felt she must now, at all costs, keep her mind off Carl. His possessiveness was suffocating, and if she thought about him too much her asthma started acting up again. So chamomile was out of the question.

-----------------------------------------------------------

(second paragraph by Gary)

Meanwhile, Commander Carl Harris, leader of the attack squadron now in orbit over Skylon 4, had more important things to think about than the neuroses of an air-headed asthmatic bimbo named Laurie with whom he had spent one sweaty night over a year ago. "Commander Harris to Geostation

17,???"

he said into his transgalactic communicator. "Polar orbit established. No sign of resistance so far..." But before he could sign off a bluish particle beam flashed out of nowhere and blasted a hole through his ship's cargo bay. The jolt from the direct hit sent him flying out of his seat and across the cockpit.

----------------------------------------------------------

(Rebecca)

He bumped his head and died almost immediately, but not before he felt one last pang of regret for psychically brutalizing the one woman who had ever had feelings for him. Soon afterwards, Earth stopped its pointless hostilities towards the peaceful farmers of Skylon 4. "Congress passes Law Permanently Abolishing War and Space Travel," Laurie read in her newspaper one morning. The news simultaneously excited her and bored her. She stared out the window, dreaming of her youth, when the days had passed unhurriedly and carefree, with no newspapers to read, no television to distract her from her sense of innocent wonder at all the beautiful things around her. "Why must one lose one's innocence to become a woman?" she pondered wistfully.

---------------------------------------------------------

(Gary)

Little did she know, but she had less than 10 seconds to live. Thousands of miles above the city, the Anu'udrian mother ship launched the first of its lithium fusion missiles. The dim-witted wimpy peaceniks who pushed the Unilateral Aerospace Disarmament Treaty through the Congress had left Earth a defenseless target for the hostile alien empires who were determined to destroy the human race. Within two hours after the passage of the treaty the Anu'udrian ships were on course for Earth, carrying enough firepower to pulverize the entire planet. With no one to stop them, they swiftly initiated their diabolical plan. The lithium fusion missile entered the atmosphere unimpeded. The President, in his top-secret Mobile submarine headquarters on the ocean floor off the coast of Guam, felt the inconceivably massive explosion, which vaporized poor, stupid, Laurie and 85 million other Americans. The President slammed his fist on the conference table. "We can't allow this! I'm going to veto that treaty! Let's blow 'em out of the sky!"

(Rebecca)

This is absurd. I refuse to continue this mockery of literature. My writing partner is a violent, chauvinistic semi-literate adolescent.

(Gary)

Yeah? Well, you're a self-centered tedious neurotic whose attempts at writing are the literary equivalent of Valium. "Oh shall I have chamomile tea? Or shall I have some other sort of ****ING TEA??? Oh no, I'm such an air headed bimbo who reads too many Danielle Steele novels."

(Rebecca)

(Gary)

Bitch.

(Rebecca)

DICK!

(Gary)

Slut.

(Rebecca)

Get ****ed.

(Gary)

Eat ****.

(Rebecca)

**** YOU - YOU NEANDERTHAL!!!

(Gary)

Go drink some tea - whore.

(TEACHER)

A+ - I really liked this one. Only group to get an A.

2. mc1

HAHA. funny stuff, thanks
  3. Moderator

That is friggen hilarious!! hahaha, I can't stop laughing! And if its true, that makes it even better! lololol
    •   

4. Registered User

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL

That broguht a tear to my eye...

why are women in college such dumb asses. I swear to god.... women enroll in college and all of the sudden theybecome these hyper emotional, ultra liberal, ultra feminist whores.

I ****ing HATED college
  5. Registered User

OMG!!!
    ROFLMFAO!!!!

This looks almost exactly like an argument (via the internet) that my ex-gf and I had about 3 months ago!!!! LOL!!!!

funny **** man!

LG.
  6. Registered User

Oh ****, I gotta bump this one, hilarious.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

Art DOES imitate life!
  8. PC1

very VERY funny stuff..... even my chamomile tea drinking wife thought so ! HA!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

funny ****
  10. -Dalla Hunga-
    Somewhere between a 4x12 stack and a power rack...

that is pretty funny
  11. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin
    That broguht a tear to my eye...

why are women in college such dumb asses. I swear to god.... women enroll in college and all of the sudden theybecome these hyper emotional, ultra liberal, ultra feminist whores.

I ****ing HATED college
    I'm sorry you didn't attend college with me..

A night out with me,girls would change their whole outlook, and stop wearing panties..
  12. Registered User

Holy ****, i'm laughing so hard that i had everyone in this computer lab staring at me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 04:01 PM
  2. For guys who have a family, this is one of the most important post..
    By The Matrix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 07:41 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 08:37 AM
  5. One of the Funniest Things I have Ever Seen
    By OCCFan023 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 12:25 PM