Liberal Bias in the media CBS - AnabolicMinds.com

Liberal Bias in the media CBS

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Liberal Bias in the media CBS

Dan Ranthar should be fired and the president of CBS should step down..Those records about Bush's gaurd service were bogus and the contact that supplied CBS is a fruitcake with known mental problems.CBS held onto the story and tried to cover it up.Do you think for 1 minuet if it was about John Kerry they would have gone this far with it..No Way

JMO....

2. Advanced Member

Are you saying the media has a liberal bias....... that's just a conspiracy theory.lol
    A talk radio host who work for a CBS affilate got fired for saying on the air he though Rather should resign or be fired.
  3. New Member

The bias **** is so obvious, if people can't figure it out they should be declared "too dumb to vote".
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    Are you saying the media has a liberal bias....... that's just a conspiracy theory.lol
    A talk radio host who work for a CBS affilate got fired for saying on the air he though Rather should resign or be fired.

ABC,NBC,CBS Liberal Bias IMO..Fox news has a right wing Bias

The need for the big story took Dan Rather down
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

All media is biased, I just watch news for entertainment, O'Reilly does a good job of entertaining me.
  6. Elite Member

IW is right that all media is bias and it has not changed since the beginning of media.. Hearst was even responsible for the coining of the term "yellow journalism" because of his bias.. and I have a feeling even back in the time of the town crier that were a few of those that put some slant to the evening cry
  7. USA HOCKEY

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    All media is biased, I just watch news for entertainment, O'Reilly does a good job of entertaining me.
    I love O'Reilly - but hes been pretty liberal in the past 3 weeks. Believing the Swift Boat guys should be censored. And Giving Rather the 'benefit of the doubt'.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  8. Advanced Member

The bias **** is so obvious, if people can't figure it out they should be declared "too dumb to vote".
    I think that happened to Florida in the 2000 election. How people being to dumb to vote to a conspiracy against black voters is beyond me.
  9. Advanced Member

ABC,NBC,CBS Liberal Bias IMO..Fox news has a right wing Bias

The need for the big story took Dan Rather down
    I don't know that it was the big story that was the motivation. Rather daughter is very active in the Kerry campaign. Rather himself has spoken at fund raisers. The producer Mary mapes is very liberal. She actually put Burkett in touch with the Kerry Campaign which I have never heard of happening ever. They talked to people and ignored them when it contradicted Burkett's story. I think this is an example of wishful thinking and letting political ideology take over good journalism skills. In other words they had such a hard on to get Bush they ignored evidence that the story wasn't true.
    It also shows they don't realize that the face of journalism has changed. They are no longer the gate keepers of the news. The internet and talk radio has changed that. I think they thought it was 10 years ago and the rest of the press would turn a blind eye to it as they have done in the past.
  10. darius

Ahh who cares. It was a mistake. His reputation is probably ruined enough, at least let him keep his job.
  11. Professional Member

Read the book Bias by B. Goldberg. He worked at CBS for years with Dan Rather.
    Last edited by size; 09-23-2004 at 09:31 AM.
  12. New Member

Rather has always been biased. Hell, all major newsmakers are biased. The probelm is he crossed the line of journalistic ethics.

Hell, just look at Rush Limbaugh (he ain't biased). He tells all those drug addicts to cease and desist. He even goes so far as gobbling up all the hillbilly heroin so no one else can get any. The guy is a freaking martyr. LOL.

My point is, think about what you hear and read. If it smells like ****, it is probably bull****.
  13. USA HOCKEY

Rather is a reporter (news), Limbaugh is a pundit (opinion) - its a different story to pass off opinion as news. Thats where the trouble lies. and frankly, danger
  14. Board Supporter

I think its funny that the whole situation backfired on them. Another point on the board for GW
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deoudes59
    Rather is a reporter (news), Limbaugh is a pundit (opinion) - its a different story to pass off opinion as news. Thats where the trouble lies. and frankly, danger

Bingo....He should be fired!
  16. New Member

Excellent point. The problem with Limbaugh is that neither he nor his listeners see it this way. Limbaugh is not the only one who does this (I was just using him for an example).

The problem is (IMO) is that people have certain ideas and they want their news reporters (or pundits) to agree with their beliefs.

In short, the news media is and always will be entertainment. Objective reporting bores the masses. Sad but true.
  17. Advanced Member

Excellent point. The problem with Limbaugh is that neither he nor his listeners see it this way. Limbaugh is not the only one who does this (I was just using him for an example).
    You are comparing apples and oranges. Rush is not a journalist. He is a conservative radio host. Most people can differentiate between what Rush does and a news broad caster or a journalist does.At one point in time journalism was about just the facts, who, what, where, why, and when. They should give both sides of the political spectrum tough questions. Unfortunately times have changed. Now, Hillary Clinton gets soft ball questions and a conservative will be raked over the coals and interrupted when they try to answer any questions.
  18. USA HOCKEY

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    Hillary Clinton
    We will have to deal with her in 2008
  19. Advanced Member

Bingo....He should be fired!
    I agree if Dan had any dignity he would resign. I really don't think that he believes he did any thing wrong. The day he issued the apology he said there will be no apology or investigation.
  20. Advanced Member

We will have to deal with her in 2008
    I hope not but it's starting to look that way. The press will collectively wet themselves they'll be so exited and act like it's a big surprise.
  21. USA HOCKEY

Bring her on I say. Guiliani and/or McCain will mop the floor with that marxist feminazi
  22. Senior Member

Bring her on I say. Guiliani and/or McCain will mop the floor with that marxist feminazi
    Too bad McCain won't be running again.
  23. Advanced Member

She did beat Guiliani before though. The press helped but you can count on them doing it again. I don't really like McCain. He is basically a democrat that is for the military. The McCain campaign finance reform was blatantly unconstitutional.
  24. USA HOCKEY

No I agree, who knows where McCain stands. He's pro-life and military but on other issues is all over the place. Hillary could only beat Guilani in New York. Who else do we think may run? Bill Frist? Jeb Bush? Arnold?
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by labrad
    Rather has always been biased. Hell, all major newsmakers are biased. The probelm is he crossed the line of journalistic ethics.

Hell, just look at Rush Limbaugh (he ain't biased). He tells all those drug addicts to cease and desist. He even goes so far as gobbling up all the hillbilly heroin so no one else can get any. The guy is a freaking martyr. LOL.

My point is, think about what you hear and read. If it smells like ****, it is probably bull****.
    Rush- lol, that's some funny ****.

I agree, ethically he crossed a big line..assuming he knew everything. I'm somewhat of a liberal, at least socially and I find this whole deal not so much embarassing for me but disappointing.

There's plenty of ammo against both candidates that one shouldn't have to lie but both parties and their respective media outlets have become so adept at the art of spin that it should shame us all into some serious ethical reform.

The media has become increasingly biased it seems (CBS/NBC) or at the very least, increasingly sensationalistic (FOX being a prime example here).

The McNeil Lehrer News Hour on PBS is about as close to the old school, data only style of reporting as you can get and even it manages to slip in some viewpoints here and there.
  26. Advanced Member

No I agree, who knows where McCain stands. He's pro-life and military but on other issues is all over the place. Hillary could only beat Guilani in New York. Who else do we think may run? Bill Frist? Jeb Bush? Arnold?
    I think Guilani is their best bet to win. Mitt Romney would be a good choice as well. I don't think Cheney will run.
  27. Advanced Member

The McNeil Lehrer News Hour on PBS is about as close to the old school, data only style of reporting as you can get and even it manages to slip in some viewpoints here and there.
    They have had their problems too. When Juanita Broadrick came forward with a rape charge against Clinton they refused to report on it. Jim Lehrer gave Clinton and anyone from his administration soft ball questions when they should have asked tough ones. They frequently have people on from liberal think tanks and don't identify them as such. They also have gay activist Richard Rodriguez frequently contribute essays( if you can call them that). PBS also got in trouble about ten years ago for giving donors names to the democratic party. They will spend more than two minutes on a story which is a good thing.
  28. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by size
    Read the book Bias by B. Goldberg. He worked at CBS for years with Dan Rather.
    That is a good book. I read it and it was a revelation. Most people do not realize how subtly they can be influenced.

Of course, there was nothing subtle about Dan Rather's behavior. I noticed in his "confession" he apologized for not checking his sources better. He neglected to mention that he had used "those sources" before. He also stated that he would have aired the show even if he did not have the (forged) documents. Since the purpose of the show was to reveal this new "evidence" (we have heard about Bush's National Guard career for years now and there was no reason for another rehash), I have a hard time believing that he would have had anything substantive to report without them.
  29. New Member

Rather should be fired. How can somebody be so biased and still be considered a journalist? Are people suposed to believe him in the future? He's no better than all these other a$$hole celebrities that try to use they're fame to impose they're opinions on the general public.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 07:45 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 08:58 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 03:02 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 10:04 AM
  5. A Lesson In the Proper English....
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1