Freaking ear infections

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I just have to rant here.. I have got an ear infection and the thing I had the worse is the feeling of being light headed... makes me feel like my head is going to come off my shoulders.. Okay I just had to get that off my chest..

loving the antibotics, well as soon as the kick in..

Matt

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do you take antihistimines? i've come to find out that the 24hr ones can cause sinus/ear infections

zithromax is the best antibiotic, 5 pills and you're cured

ChaseRoy

Awards
i know how most of you feel about chiropractors...but i will say this anyway. There are many sublications that can cause ear infections. Especially if you have chronic ear infections you may at least want to get a check up from a chiropractor. cant remember what region of the back it is that the nerves associated with the sinus are. But you may want to look into it.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Cool RoyChase.. I hadn't thougt of that
And yes Pogue zithromax is the best.. I am on day 2 now.. And no I really try to stay away from doing antihistamines.. I usually just tough it out for a while..

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
They came out with a 3 pills zithromax recently.... worked pretty well for me...

WYD

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
symptoms are sore throat, ear drum inflammed and slightly bulging (taking doc's word on that), snuffy nose, drainage, yellowish mucus, and cough... plus the ear hurt somewhat.
background, my youngest kid, just got over an ear infection but I don't think that had anything to do with mine.

Inzah Dude

Awards
If your taking medicien to get rid of it. And itll take a while for the medicine to get rid of it I find taking a tylenol like blocks it out kinda. I donno why.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had much pain..just kinda dizzy feeling and overall feeling crappy

LethalGunz34

Awards
I seem to have a "sucking" sound in my year when I wake up. Could this be caused by an ear infection?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
It might be Lethal. It won't hurt to have it checked. especially if you have a sore throat with it.

LethalGunz34

Awards
It might be Lethal. It won't hurt to have it checked. especially if you have a sore throat with it.

I'm going to the doc this Tuesday for a checkup so I'll ask him then. As for the sore throat, I don't really have a sore throat but it seems as if a big ball of flegm is always around there. In addition, I always have a stuffy nose in the morning.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay that does sound like you have either a sinus infection or an ear infection... mainly because that is what I have going on right now.

LethalGunz34

Awards
Yeah, my mom says that it may be sinus also. I guess I'll find out this Tuesday.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, a popping in your ear can be caused by fluid retention behind the ear. I get this sometimes cuz I have sinus/allergy issues. Usually it goes away, but sometimes you need to take an antibiotic.

I had a real bad ear infection once that spread to both ears. Both my ear drums ruptured and I had to go on two or three antibiotics and do ear drops. It was not fun. So, go in early and make sure to get some Zithromax, don't let those fuckers give you penicillin because most ear infections are penicillin resistant and it will only make it worse.

LethalGunz34

Awards
Unfortunately, I had to cancel my doc appointment because of the snow. I'm going next week.

Pogue, as for penicilin, I'm allergic to it, so I guess I'm lucky?:D

The Game

Awards
symptoms are sore throat, ear drum inflammed and slightly bulging (taking doc's word on that), snuffy nose, drainage, yellowish mucus, and cough... plus the ear hurt somewhat.
background, my youngest kid, just got over an ear infection but I don't think that had anything to do with mine.
****, bro. I've been sick with the same thing for the last week and a half. Went to 'ma school doctor, got the prescription, but refused to fill it because I have very little money and what I do have is going toward EGGS AND PASTA :p :D !