Who here carry's a concealed handgun and if so what do you carry?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the market for a new pistol. I need a good concealed carry piece. Anyone's input would be appreciated. I don't carry full size, I use semi-autos usually, and preferr 9mm, .40sw, or .45acp. Here is one possibility I have been looking at:

$236.17

LLAMA Single Action Pistol, MiniMax, 40 Smith & Wesson Caliber, 3 1/2"
Barrel, Matte Black Finish, Black Polymer Grips

Perfect for sporting use, personal defense, police, military and the
ideal weapon for today's concealed carry laws.

Specifications:
--------------
Caliber-     45 ACP and 40 S&W.
Action-          Single.
Frame-Precision machined from high strength steel.
Trigger-Serrated.
Hammer-Skeletonized combat-style.
Operation:Locked breach,extended slide release and flared ejection port.Conestyle barrel system for easy take-down and increased accuracy.
Safety-Extended manual and grip safeties.
Grips-Extended beavertail rubber grips.
Sights-3-dot combat sights.
Sight Radius-5 1/13".
Mag Capacity-45 ACP- 6 rounds.40 S&W- 7 rounds.
Weight-34 oz.
Barrel Length-3 1/2".
Overall Length-7 1/3".
Height-5".
Finish-Matte/Chrome/Duotone

Attachments

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Carry a subcompact .40 Glock, wish I could carry this, my other toy..

A .454 Raging Bull

Attachments

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
" I look down the side of your gun and it says R E P L I C A , I look down the side of mine and it says Desert Eage point 5 0 "

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, I don't like to condone the carrying of firearms without proper paperwork.. Look into a little fav of mine called the HK .45 ACP... :D

Not that I own one, you know.. ;)

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Im all legal brother. Have CWL. I like HK's but they are a little spendy for me at the moment.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Pete, do you have any cost info off the top of your head on the HK?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Cocealed weapons our cops up here can't even do that.. hehehehe. :) Talk to ya... Bastards....

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't quote me on it, but I think the 9mm version of the USP is the least expensive.. If I find my listing, I'll check back with you.. ;)

No more than $245 or so...

dez/null

Awards
1911 colt .45
Ruger .357 Mag
And a Winchester Defender Shotgun with slugs under my seat of my car. :) Thats a conceiled weapon. :)

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by bigpetefox
Don't quote me on it, but I think the 9mm version of the USP is the least expensive.. If I find my listing, I'll check back with you.. ;)

No more than $245 or so...
I have never seen and HK for less than 400.00. If you can get one for 245 please let me know where!!

Thanks!

Jake

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Glock 26:

Caliber: 9mm, Action: Safe Action system, Height: 4.17'', Length: 6.29'', Width: 1.18'', Length between sights: 5.67'', Barrel Length: 3.46'', Magazine Capacity: 10, Weight (empty w/o magazine): 19.75 oz., Weight (of full magazine): ~6.35 oz. (depends on type of ammo), Number or Safties: 3

Price: (as quoted from www.topguns.tv  ) $499.95

Attachments

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by mc1
why do you people need to carry weapons?
Hmmmm, I can think of a thousand reasons to carry and not one reason not to. But in order to answer your question how about carrying simply because it's your right too. That in and of itself is reason enough. If you don't excercise your rights you will one day lose them.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
becuz wepunz er kewl :p

LG.:cool:

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by bigpetefox

Weapons are cool, but this is sexy!! :D
I don't have any pistols or crazy weapons, just got rid of some old hunting rifles, but that is sexy!  :D

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Nice YJ, that's what I used to use in the Army save for the tactical stock and sites.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
What sort of procedures are involved with obtaining a gun licenese and concealed weapon license? I am completely ignorant on the issue... I have a bb gun though :(... hahah

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by whosyourdaddy02
What sort of procedures are involved with obtaining a gun licenese and concealed weapon license? I am completely ignorant on the issue... I have a bb gun though :(... hahah
Well since you live in Illinois, you can't carry legally in your state. Boooooooo! I despise States that violate the rights of the people on this matter.

=============================================

Illinois does not issue carry permits. Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card in order to merely possess firearms or firearm ammunition. See the Illinois State Police Firearm Owner's Identification Information page for more details on how to apply. Issuance is on a shall-issue basis.

Non-residents are not required to have a FOID card as long as they meet one of the non-resident exceptions in the FOID Act. The Illinois State Police have taken the position that a non-resident who wants a FOID card must provide proof of employment need (e.g. security guard) in order to be issued a FOID card. Lack of residency is not listed as a disqualifying factor and employment need is not listed as a qualifying factor in the FOID Act, but this is how the ISP has chosen to implement the law.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
carry concealed that is? What about just obtaining your basic gun license?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
That link in my above post should get you all the answers bro. Each state is so different. Apparently you can not even excercise your most basic rights to keep and bear arms without having the government heavily involved.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I didn't notice the rest of your original post, I'll read up now...

Thanks

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I'm also in the market for a handgun... was told by a friend who is retired Navy to use a 357 Magnum... bullets don't cost a lot; have lots of knockdown; and it is loud as hell with fire occaissionally coming out the barrel (ie. a good deterrent)

i also like the glock 40 subcompact.... dunno if the CWL age limit is 21 or 23; i think its 21... but can't find much info to back up 23

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I think its 21 everywhere it is legal. Go to packing.org to find out the details on your states laws.

bellx1

Awards
Sig Saur 229 in .40 and .357sig

I like the .357sig caliber a lot .. just still a little expensive to shoot as the .40 is so cheap

A little heavy to carry all day but it's balenced feel is unmatched.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
YJ, i giggle like a evil mad scientist when i look at the pics of that gun... DAMN are those affordable at all...

dozer3

Board Supporter
Awards
i carry a sig p230 .380 auto. nice & light. i'm so damn skinny anything bigger shows to easy. at ten feet or less you get plenty of power out of a .380 and they are easy to shoot.

nightop

Awards
Major gun enthusiast/owner here. If you are looking for a medium/compact framed auto to carry, I would go with either an HK Compact USP (as already suggested), a Beretta Mini-Cougar (wonderful gun), or one of the Sigs. Regardless of the gun, .45 ACP is the way to go IMO (.40 S&W would be 2nd choice).

Also, I have never seen an HK that was in a condition worth owning, cost less than five or six hundred, a New In Box USP for such a low price is very likely to be hot (stolen). You can get a New In Box HK Compact USP in .45 ACP (variant 1) at http://www.gunsamerica.com for roughly $700 bucks... which is an awesome deal.

Get your CCL :) Lucky for me, my state just did away with registering a max of 3 handguns to your CCL license, now your license allows you to carry any legal handgun (registered or not) without registering it to the carry license. I love the south.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
What is a good pistol for a beginner? Something at a reasonable price...nothing really fancy, just for shooting at the range.

WYD

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Get a Ruger WYD. Good pistols, good prices.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Yeup WW I was just about to say Ruger myself:

Ruger P-95, 9mm, very fun gun to shoot

LG. :cool:

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
yeah i've been reading up on the rugers, going to the gun and pawn shops tomorrow to check some out

9mm bullets are cheap... i figured 357 sig wasn't THAT bad...

i was looking at a Ruger 357... i'm going to use it for ccw, i don't wanna have to plink someone twice to take them down; i want one shot and down and not getting back up... 9mm isn't guarenteed to provide this... 357 and 40 cal do :)

the ruger P97 is also nice, i believe it fires .45... nice and concealable too

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
On average what is the cost for a 9mm ruger magazine and approximate cost of the gun as well?

thanks
WYD

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
You can get a Ruger used for 250-300 with 1-2 mags included.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Illinois sucks for carrying weapons... you can't carry concealed or openly and you can BARELY even transport the weapon. It has to be locked and unloaded with ammunition separate from the gun. You have to carry a FOID (Firearms owner identification card) at all times while having the weapon in your possession, transporting, or operating. And, as far as I know, out of state permits are not honored in IL. There doesn't seem to be many gun ranges and hunting is very much limited as far as what I've been told by my family members who pack. Almost not worth it huh...

WYD

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
yes move... down in the south they still practice the second amendment :)

if used rugers can be had that cheap i gotta start looking hard... because i keep finding new ones around $350-$400 with one magazine...

nightop

Awards
Illinois sucks for carrying weapons... you can't carry concealed or openly and you can BARELY even transport the weapon. It has to be locked and unloaded with ammunition separate from the gun. You have to carry a FOID (Firearms owner identification card) at all times while having the weapon in your possession, transporting, or operating. And, as far as I know, out of state permits are not honored in IL. There doesn't seem to be many gun ranges and hunting is very much limited as far as what I've been told by my family members who pack. Almost not worth it huh...

WYD
Yep... went to school for a little while in Illinois, laws there are rough.

But boy, don't they work great at reducing firearms related crimes !!!! :rolleyes: ... makes me sick.