Nick Diaz and UFC

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Since there's no longer an MMA section, wanted to see everyone's reaction to Nick Diaz's post-ufc fight chat with Joe. What are your thoughts? He done for good? I can understand why he was frustrated...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nick is Nick, he is going to moan and groan and put on a show regardless. I thought he clearly lost the fight. He tried to pull Condit into his game, and he couldnt. Did Condit win in pretty fashion? No, but he won imo (3-2). I like Diaz, and how he fights, but he comes off like a dope with that post fight crap (whining)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
nick diaz is and will always be a crybaby loser! wether he can fight or not is trivial compared to his attitude..

trenbologna

Awards
Nick Diaz is a hack who gives Dana sexual favors for fights.

He got picked apart by Condit. It was absolutely beautiful to watch, Nick didn't have a damn thing on him.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
who cares if he quits? Not having to hear his soap opera drama would be nice.

I only wish Condit woulda knocked him out, but he still won fair and square.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember Diaz used to be really good, he's never been submitted and he's only been knocked out once i believe.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't he beat BJ Penn and Frank Shamrock?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Meh... shamrock needs to be in a lower weight division, he's too short... The bjpenn I saw fight diaz wasn't THE bj penn... He looked asleep most the fight. It used to be impossible to even get bj on the ground and he could knock guys out strolling backwards....

He just seems like his heart wasn't in this fight or even many before it...

I'm not even a bjpenn fan... Actually don't really like him at all, but you gotta respect what he's done, which is walk through all sorts of guys better then diaz.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
the shamrocks are out classed anymore these days, not taking anything away from them but not really a creditable win as far as im concerned...just like when hughes beat gracie , yeah he won but everyone talked about it like it was epic...

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Nick Diaz is a hack who gives Dana sexual favors for fights.

He got picked apart by Condit. It was absolutely beautiful to watch, Nick didn't have a damn thing on him.
hahah, ****, no I wasn't; it just used to show up when I browsed the main forums and then it didnt, so I assumed it was taken down. My bad!

But I did think that Nick was the more pressing fighter and had more chances on finishing the match.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
hahah, ****, no I wasn't; it just used to show up when I browsed the main forums and then it didnt, so I assumed it was taken down. My bad!

But I did think that Nick was the more pressing fighter and had more chances on finishing the match.
I dont feel EITHER guy was even close to finishing that match. no power hits or stuns and only ONE real take down at the end of the whole match...

Nick may have been walking forward the first 2 rounds and most of the others BUT he wasnt doing anything but walking... if thats pressing a match its sad.... Condit just avoided getting caught up in some dirty boxing match, placed his punches and kicks and then got out... smart fight for the match.

Im just worried about how the GSP/Condit fight will turn out... both guys constantly back peddling and waiting for a chance to counter the starting attack that will never come???

I love GSP and hes a great fighter, but also a smart fighter and hardly ever presses the match.... Still I dont think condit is even close to the caliber of a fighter that GSP is and its going to be an easy fight.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I dont feel EITHER guy was even close to finishing that match. no power hits or stuns and only ONE real take down at the end of the whole match...

Nick may have been walking forward the first 2 rounds and most of the others BUT he wasnt doing anything but walking... if thats pressing a match its sad.... Condit just avoided getting caught up in some dirty boxing match, placed his punches and kicks and then got out... smart fight for the match.

Im just worried about how the GSP/Condit fight will turn out... both guys constantly back peddling and waiting for a chance to counter the starting attack that will never come???

I love GSP and hes a great fighter, but also a smart fighter and hardly ever presses the match.... Still I dont think condit is even close to the caliber of a fighter that GSP is and its going to be an easy fight.
Before you ever see that fight, Condit and Diaz are having a rematch.

gospher

gospher

Awards
Before you ever see that fight, Condit and Diaz are having a rematch.
No they are not just yet
Turned it down to speak nick Diaz did .

Fight went 3-2 IMO for Condit
I thought it was just an intellect fight condit did and didn't play his game

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
No they are not just yet
Turned it down to speak nick Diaz did .

Fight went 3-2 IMO for Condit
I thought it was just an intellect fight condit did and didn't play his game
Looks like Dana White via twitter and bjpenn.com are eating their words
http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/02/07/carlos-condit-accepts-nick-diaz-rematch-13489.html

I agree with you that he was smart and did what he had to do to win the fight. He didn't play into Nick's game and was one of the first fighters not to, and he got the points he needed to win the fight. I don't know if you ever watched Chael Sonnen talk about 5 round fights, but I think he had a point. Five round fights turn into point matches very quick, because neither fighter wants to lose the fight because they went balls out for the first three rounds. Except for the heavy weights who can't make it two rounds in a normal fight of course.
What you end up with instead of a brawl, is two guys trying to score points for a couple rounds (GSP) and tiring the other person out and making sure they win the fight