Android Apps - Come at me bro!!!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINALLY upgrading phones tomorrow!!! I have the original Moto Droid, wife has the Eris, and we're both going to have Bionics by tomorrow evening. Long story short, was eyeballing the Razr (or Razr Maxx), but $29.99 for a pre-owned Bionic was just too tempting. Going from minimal internal space and 16GB card to 16 internal and 16 card. I already have a good many useful and useless apps, but am going to be shopping for more. Since it's Android, I'm looking at only free ones cuz I'm cheap like that. Any good recommendations out there???

Current app list on my Droid:

Advanced Task Killer
AM.com (duh)
Barcode Scanner
Bubble (level)
Bump
Chrome to Phone
Color Touch
Convertpad (unit converter)
Cracked.com lite
eBuddy
Evernote
Facebook
Gmail
Google Goggles
Google Sky Map
IMDb
Instant Heart Rate Monitor
Latitude
Maps
Mini Info
Moon Phase
MotoTorch LED
My Tracks
Navigation
Netflix
Pandora
PayPal
Pizza Hut (don't ask)
Places
QR Droid
Ringdroid
Runkeeper Lite
Scanner Radio
Tetris (c'mon... ya gotta!)
Google Translate
Twitter
US Constitution (I'm a dork)
Weatherbug
Youtube

Skipped a few of the standard apps and a few small games. Looking into fun things for productivity or just generally useful stuff. Already have a short list of newbies to get:

Where's My Droid - locate lost phone
IMO Instant Messenger - looks better than eBuddy
Words W/ Friends - just cuz.
ooVoo - video calling app for all platforms
Swiftkey X Keyboard - gonna try it out
Visidon Applock - lock individual apps using your FACE, BEYOTCH!!

So.... suggestions?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm seriously totally addicted to my Drag Racing game (by Creative Moblie), easy to get 1-2 races in at a time while being the good boyfriend and shopping with my woman LOL.

"flashlight" by nikolay (forgot his last name) is great IMHO.
"GPS speedo" for ****s and giggles
"The Weather Channel"
"Arcade By Kongregate" (awesome collection of silly time-killers as well).

ManBeast

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've often wanted to get a speedo app, but somehow having the phone out and trying to use it on the bike is just kinda... difficult! lol

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I'm a cager that watches out for bikes... so yeah, LOL.

ManBeast

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sticher radio......i love it, radio from all over the country and podcasts

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sticher radio......i love it, radio from all over the country and podcasts
Sticher is good. Gotta look into an amazon app for price comparisons while shopping as well ;)

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I've often wanted to get a speedo app, but somehow having the phone out and trying to use it on the bike is just kinda... difficult! lol
lol. I love seeing guys texting at redlights. SMH..how they can do it while wearing gloves is beyond me.

Lots of good apps already mentioned...Sex Positions is a good one. It's educational.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol. I love seeing guys texting at redlights. SMH..how they can do it while wearing gloves is beyond me.

Lots of good apps already mentioned...Sex Positions is a good one. It's educational.
Voice to text FTW!!! lol I'll definitely look into that app, or better yet, since the phones are being delivered to my office today and I'll have my wife's before she has her hands on it, I might just pre-install that one! :D

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LOL dude, you crack me the f*ck up!

ManBeast

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i found many of my favorites here...

http://www.bestandroiddownloads.com/
Kewl... Will definitely check it out!

Update: Got the phone about an hour ago. After a little mess to activate it, it's set up. It's a bit raw, but I"m amazed at how much of my old stuff was stored and transferred over...somehow. lol I had a pic of my daughter as the background on the old phone. After I got this one set up, THAT PICTURE WAS ON THE NEW ONE!!! Blew my mind!! :D

But, overall, the Bionic... woah... Just from speed alone so far, lightyears ahead of my original Droid. WOOO!!!!!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
its the google cloud that saved everything for you... most of your market apps shoulda dl'd right away to the phone... sometimes theres errors so if you just open up the market place and go to downloads or my apps, whatever it may be in your version of the market, youll likely see some more apps you had previously that require manual dl's/updates to get back on there.

other then that though I always use a backup app to back up all my programs/apps and settings then transfer whats applicable to the new phone or just new ROM if I am flashing a new one on an existing phone (look into rooting android phones if you have some time and REALLY want to take advantage of all your phone has to offer).

whodey41

Awards
I'm seriously totally addicted to my Drag Racing game (by Creative Moblie), easy to get 1-2 races in at a time while being the good boyfriend and shopping with my woman LOL.

"flashlight" by nikolay (forgot his last name) is great IMHO.
"GPS speedo" for ****s and giggles
"The Weather Channel"
"Arcade By Kongregate" (awesome collection of silly time-killers as well).

ManBeast
Drag racing is the ****, haven't played in forever though. If you actually get into the tuning and **** it gets horribly addicting and frustrating.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
lol i hear ya, i got "lite tunes" and just used those... good enough for me :D I tend to 2nd gear launch now.

ManBeast

ginge205

ginge205

Awards
I did love drag racer but now every one just destroys me. The only car I can win in is my s2000. So stop playing know I like to relax when in my office aka-toilet so its just to frustrating now :-(

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
its all in the tuning now that more people have started playing.

ManBeast

whodey41

Awards
Yea I have a decently tuned m3, but its not enough to beat some of the crazy good tunes out there.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I don't do the pro league, but in the race online my m3 doesn't get beat.... LoL neither does my zonda(sp?)

ManBeast

whodey41

Awards
I don't do the pro league, but in the race online my m3 doesn't get beat.... LoL neither does my zonda(sp?)

ManBeast
What's your m3 run? I get around 14.435 half mile. See some getting 14.2s. It's crap because they have sites where tunes are posted and people just use them.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
That time beats mine I get around 14.45 half mile, but I'm not running in the Pro leagus, I just do the race online crap. Do you do a 2nd gear launch?

ManBeast

whodey41

Awards
Yea launch 2nd in most my cars. I've had a few I didn't and or else it ran slower. I've spent about an hour doing my m3, I had of faster before but then the app got deleted.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Contract Killer: Zombies = Good clean fun. :D

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That game is making me download a massive update. Does it slow your phone down bad?
There is a huge file to DL after you get the app. If you've got the room, go for it. Does it slow it down? Nope, not my Bionic. Not in the least, which is really really impressive to me! :D