Just a quick poll due to boredom - AnabolicMinds.com

Just a quick poll due to boredom

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Just a quick poll due to boredom

Would you rather be stronger than you look or look stronger than you are?

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    Would you rather be stronger than you look or look stronger than you are?
    I always wanna be stronger than I am, otherwise why do it?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Lol well I look stronger than I really am and I can't say I hate it when im just walking around .it does suck when I'm in the gym and smaller guys than me are throwing up more weight than me. But I lift alot different than those guys so idk lol
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Stronger than I look though there is nothing wrong with looking stronger than you are.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

*shrug* I have strength goals I want to meet, and I'm one of those lucky guys that looks big/strong even when I'm a wuss... ALthough a lot of the guys at my Y who put up more weight than I do, have such sh*t form that I wish I was their chiropractor/doctor/etc...

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.

lol ya i also look a lot stronger than i actually am.. i workout with a guy that i have a good 25 lbs on and hes strong as shiat haha. but i like feeling big too so i guess its just kinda even
  7. Anabolicminds.com Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Look strong
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Masciaman
    lol ya i also look a lot stronger than i actually am.. i workout with a guy that i have a good 25 lbs on and hes strong as shiat haha. but i like feeling big too so i guess its just kinda even
    Straight up, I like being big... Sure a big bench and squat are nice but if I could get huge only doing 135 on each I would
  9. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40 View Post
    Straight up, I like being big... Sure a big bench and squat are nice but if I could get huge only doing 135 on each I would
    Wow I'm the opposite of you, don't get me wrong I like looking big, but I get all my satisfaction in the gym by breaking my PRs on the big 3 lifts.

10. Elite Member

And to look Big but only able to bench 135?? Call it Pride/Ego but I'd be Mortified. I mean my wife could probably bench that. And there's no way I'm gonna be benching the same as my wife. Not in this lifetime.

11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

Stronger then i look by far
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I used to work with a dude who was an ex-gymnast... he was tiny but his strength/weight ratio was incredible...

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

And to look Big but only able to bench 135?? Call it Pride/Ego but I'd be Mortified. I mean my wife could probably bench that. And there's no way I'm gonna be benching the same as my wife. Not in this lifetime.

Ok that was a mild exaggeration haha
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

look stronger for sure....if i could look like dexter jackson but my max bench was 135lbs...i'd be more than happy with that

on the other hand looking like some of these strong men, who have beer guts and look like they have trouble getting off the couch but somehow put up crazy weights.....i'll pass on that
  15. Elite Member

[QUOTE=Young Gotti;3198538]look stronger for sure....if i could look like dexter jackson but my max bench was 135lbs...i'd be more than happy with /QUOTE]

So then you should get some pec implants some calf implants buy some synthol and start benching your 135. Lmfao

16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

[QUOTE=vidapreta;3198573]
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    look stronger for sure....if i could look like dexter jackson but my max bench was 135lbs...i'd be more than happy with /QUOTE]

So then you should get some pec implants some calf implants buy some synthol and start benching your 135. Lmfao

ok ok, i'd rather look like layne norton than many strong men
  17. Elite Member

[QUOTE=Young Gotti;3198621]
    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post

ok ok, i'd rather look like layne norton than many strong men
    Ok Fair enough. But I guarantee you layne norton can bench more than 135 Maybe?
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im kinda leaning more towards looks now. Im realizing BBers and PLers look drastically different lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

[QUOTE=vidapreta;3198654]

Ok Fair enough. But I guarantee you layne norton can bench more than 135 Maybe?
    I'm sure he could, but all i meant was i'd trade strength in for looking strong any day
  20. Elite Member

[QUOTE=Young Gotti;3198662]

I'm sure he could, but all i meant was i'd trade strength in for looking strong any day
    Just Messing Around Bro. I want to be both, but I personally get more satisfaction from getting stronger and stronger.. Different Strokes.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If I had to pick, I'd rather look the part.

I imagine that's what separates the mentality of a bodybuilder and a powerlifter (to some extent).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  22. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    If I had to pick, I'd rather look the part.

I imagine that's what separates the mentality of a bodybuilder and a powerlifter (to some extent).
    And real from fake. You want to look like something that your not. Basically pretending.

23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

And real from fake. You want to look like something that your not. Basically pretending.

lol, well most BBers have strength that's relative to their appearance. I wouldn't go so far as to say fake, based on that. However, if lifting something half the weight and squeezing out the reps results in a better looking muscle than lifting twice as much for one rep; then yeah, I know what I'm going to be doing.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  24. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    lol, well most BBers have strength that's relative to their appearance. I wouldn't go so far as to say fake, based on that. However, if lifting something half the weight and squeezing out the reps results in a better looking muscle than lifting twice as much for one rep; then yeah, I know what I'm going to be doing.
    lol yeah I think most bodybuilders are just about as strong as they look. But OPs question was would you rather look stronger than you really are.

25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

[QUOTE=vidapreta;3198691]

Just Messing Around Bro. I want to be both, but I personally get more satisfaction from getting stronger and stronger.. Different Strokes.
    we'd all like to be like this guy:

StanEfferding-MD-Bernal-429.jpg
    ask-the-strong-guy-how-to-get-big-strong_a.jpg
  26. Elite Member

[QUOTE=Young Gotti;3198794]
    Agree

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think Im happy somewhere in between with no label. Just a gnarly lookin pipe hitter.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

Exactly you have to lift less weight for more reps to get bigger
  29. Elite Member

Exactly you have to lift less weight for more reps to get bigger
    You can get pretty big lifting heavy as well. Someone who can bench 500lbs and squat 700lbs Is probably not going to be all that small.
  30. New Member

I want the best of both but, I would have to go with stronger than I look!
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Id rather look stronger than I am. That said I wouldnt want to be a complete bitch in the weight room.
  32. New Member

Stronger than I look
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.

I look stronger than I am, although I want to be stronger than what I look
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ok so to all who answered they wanna be stronger than they look explain why
  35. Elite Member

Ok so to all who answered they wanna be stronger than they look explain why
    Because it's like buying a big house that you can't afford so you can pretend to all your neighbors/friends that you are loaded with money that you're clearly not. It's phoney. IMO
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Very good analogy but whats your goals for working out? Is it to look your best or to be as strong as possible?
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Aesthetics for me all day. It's not like I plan on breaking into the monkey enclosure to arm wrestle a chimp. Then again I always wanted a pet monkey.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Lol you guys and your analogies. Thats my thoughts on it what are u gonna use all that strength for outside of the gym
  39. Elite Member

Very good analogy but whats your goals for working out? Is it to look your best or to be as strong as possible?
    Don't get me wrong I like walking around bigger than your average joe, i like being big. But I love hitting the gym to break my pr's. I'm always striving to get stronger that's what makes me tick I guess. And there's nothing wrong with wanting to get bigger, I mean that's why most of us started lifting in the first place. But to say you want to look stronger than you actually are just seems like you're trying to pretend like you're something that you're not. Like trying to look like you're richer than you really are, or smarter. If you want to be stronger, THAN DO IT and really make yourself stronger. IMHO
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

8 years ago I think i was stronger then I look at 175 lbs but as I get older and have had injuries, surgeries and old wear and tear set in I most likely look stronger then I am now at about 230lbs and 34. I put on mass and weight easier then before and my lifting weight has gone up in some areas like bench,deads and others while it's gone down in stuff like squats and shoulders and other leg stuff. My legs are strong when they need to be but pushing them hard in the gym only leads to knee and foot problems reoccurring and its counterproductive to me. Same with directly pushing my shoulders. It bums me cus shoulders was my favorite lift. Maybe I'm just doubting myself since everyone has to deal with injury and weak spots at some time. Its kinds hard to tell by looking who actually is stronger then they lift or whether they're just lifting to what they need to be strong as fuk when they actually need it and just maintaining activity in the muscle groups to keep from losing it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ever train out of boredom?
    By Hyperion in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 04:19 PM
  2. Injury Boredom
    By obvious in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
  3. Cutting Detailed Post... Quick ?, Quick Answer!!!
    By jayisreal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 10:39 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:03 AM