When You 1st Started Lifting

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What was your experiences like in the gym?
Did you think it was going to too hard? Too easy?
Were u naturally strong, weaker?
Any1 help you or show you proper form?
Did you quit? Quit and come back? Stuck it out the whole time?
Share your beginner stages....

Be honest I started lifting in the gym back in 2010. I didn't know anything not even a clue about nothing. First the most part
I was always in the gym doing bicep curls and hammer strength chest and shoulders not often.
I did that for a long ass time. Until finally more recently than later I said I need to work everything. I found some routines, practiced form so I can feel it, and try and stimulate the muscle either by going heavy or high reps. I look at guys my age and they are light years ahead of me cause they started back in high school and played sports; myself at time was never interested.
Either way I was in the tail end of the 160s. Not today 6 months later I'm at 190-195. Still holding onto some fat because I think I rushed to get to that weight... After this I'm try and take some fat. Just know I have many many years to go....

What about every1 else out there. What was your starting point like?

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Man we were in highschool and we were taking creatine which we thought was like juice lol and we would curl and bench for like 4 hours at a time over training like mofos lol

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
i always used to play sports when i was young so i was never like extrememly out of shape or fat or anything but when i started working out i had 2 20 lb dumb bells in my room so i did like front should raises/curls with those which i struggled with because i was just tall and skinny and not really that strong at all lol. moved from that to working out with a friend in his garage he had like a little set up we could do flies with and he had a bench and more weights but i still never worked out that intense. then when i started having to do weight training for football in high school and actually worked out in a gym it got a little more intense lifting with like the team an what not started getting little tips from the coach (big motherfkr lol) on form but at this time i still had no idea about like diets on bulking etc so i gained muscle but was still really skinny. i was 1 of the guys who was always benching/doing curls/tricep exercises haha. once i joined the army after i graduated is when i really got into it because i had money to buy supplements/protein etc and i also used the gym as like a stress reliever to get my mind off other sh!t since i was away from home and still young so i started gaining a lot more weight and getting way bigger than i had ever been and now im still in the army and deployed so literally all i do now is work out :p

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Man we were in highschool and we were taking creatine which we thought was like juice lol and we would curl and bench for like 4 hours at a time over training like mofos lol
lol...
Yeah I thought creatine loading was the business...
One of my 1st sups. I'm like this is the shít!

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
ya rsnake i remember getting creatine pills from *** i thought i was the sh!t when i was taking them lol now that i think of it idk if it even did anything :p

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
ya rsnake i remember getting creatine pills from *** i thought i was the sh!t when i was taking them lol now that i think of it idk if it even did anything :p
Hell ya.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I was a skateboarder for 18 years until I just couldn't take anymore broken feet and ankles. Every other year I was in a cast or splint on crutches. Even was part cause for my discharge from active duty cus I dislocated my foot in half and it was fukd. Skateboarding was my release, my vent. I did lift weights in the gym during my last few years of it but with the intention to make me stronger for skating not to get bigger. After I stopped around 24 I started to box as I needed a new fix and had been in martial arts and street fights growing up and liked the rush. Boxing fell short after a year and concentrated on education. I still needed something so I start taking my gym membership seriously and start hitting it like crazy going from 165lb (my super-middleweight boxing weight) to 185 in a matter of months like my body was waiting for it. I stuck around that weight for a couple years till my PH cycles M1T I got strength from but didn't add very much weight as I was new and not very educated in it. That got banned and I started SD which I got to 205 and did my homework but landed in the ER with a bad infection due to my liver not taking it well. A couple months later I got hit by two SUVs on my Harley and destroyed my shoulder. That was 4 1/2 years ago. Since then ive had a shoulder and back surgery and 3 years of phys therapy. This last year and a half I've come a long way back. Now the my lifting is back the way I like it and I feel stronger then ever, that's always been my mentality when I get hurt. Come back stronger everytime, and I do. I was told I wouldn't lift or hit a heavy bag like I did before and I'm doing all of that harder then ever. Nowadays my release has gone to lifting weights and motorcycles and I couldn't be enjoying two other hobbies, or for me, a lifestyle, any more.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
When I started lifting in the gym I was 16yrs old. I got obsessed after taking weight training in my high school that i further joined a gym. I used to just lift w/ barbells. All I did was Flat Bench, Dead Lifts, Squats, Military Press, Barbell Curls and Close Grip Bench. I gained a lot of strength and I don't regret anything. The only thing I regret from when I was younger was getting suckered into taking certain supps an wasting $ -______-

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was a skateboarder for 18 years until I just couldn't take anymore broken feet and ankles. Every other year I was in a cast or splint on crutches. Even was part cause for my discharge from active duty cus I dislocated my foot in half and it was fukd. Skateboarding was my release, my vent. I did lift weights in the gym during my last few years of it but with the intention to make me stronger for skating not to get bigger. After I stopped around 24 I started to box as I needed a new fix and had been in martial arts and street fights growing up and liked the rush. Boxing fell short after a year and concentrated on education. I still needed something so I start taking my gym membership seriously and start hitting it like crazy going from 165lb (my super-middleweight boxing weight) to 185 in a matter of months like my body was waiting for it. I stuck around that weight for a couple years till my PH cycles M1T I got strength from but didn't add very much weight as I was new and not very educated in it. That got banned and I started SD which I got to 205 and did my homework but landed in the ER with a bad infection due to my liver not taking it well. A couple months later I got hit by two SUVs on my Harley and destroyed my shoulder. That was 4 1/2 years ago. Since then ive had a shoulder and back surgery and 3 years of phys therapy. This last year and a half I've come a long way back. Now the my lifting is back the way I like it and I feel stronger then ever, that's always been my mentality when I get hurt. Come back stronger everytime, and I do. I was told I wouldn't lift or hit a heavy bag like I did before and I'm doing all of that harder then ever. Nowadays my release has gone to lifting weights and motorcycles and I couldn't be enjoying two other hobbies, or for me, a lifestyle, any more.
2 SUVs at 1 time?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Sideswiped by one into another. Arabic women on her cell phone was the first and she jumped back in her car and took off in rush hour traffic when she saw me pinned under my bike yelling and cussing. I got hit again in AZ while I was in phys therapy by a quad cab. It flipped me in the air and I land on one foot and my knee and arm. I got real lucky that time as it didn't hit my bad shoulder and somehow I pulled a spiderman trick without trying. A little road rash on knee arm and hand but that was it other then a ****ed up Harley once again.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man I got out of the motorbike phase after my wreck and having kids and a wife now the risk vs the reward wasn't worth it to me. Srry for getting off topic lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm still riding my 1000

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I'm still riding my 1000
Just remember there's only 2 types of bikers/motorcyclists. Those that have been down and those that will be going down. Sooner or later , always be on your toes.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely true and theres no such thing as a fender bender on a bike

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
What was your experiences like in the gym?
-I started in a college weight training class that was mostly aimed at circut training LOL, was plesant with lotsa eye candy.

Did you think it was going to too hard? Too easy?
-Too easy honestly

Were u naturally strong, weaker?
-Strong from carrying my lardass self around

Any1 help you or show you proper form?
-Yes, the teacher, and my first workout partner taught me a lot about proper form.

Did you quit? Quit and come back? Stuck it out the whole time?
-I've had to take breaks due to life getting in the way, but I always want back.

Share your beginner stages....

Freshman year of college was a mess, I finally realized then what a mess I was being overweight and out of shape near the end of it. Fall Quarter of sophmore year I started walking a lot more and eating beter, winter quarter I started biking around, spring quarter I signed up for weight training and swimming back to back, and got serious. The rest is history my friends.

ManBeast

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Lifted a little in high school. Had no idea what I was doing. Took creatine, did curls, bench press, and leg extensions, that was it. Horrible.

Flash forward 10 years, wife just had a baby. Decided we would start working out. I wanted to be healthier, she wanted to lose some baby fat. I still didn't really know what I was doing. Worked out a couple months in my basement on that same weight set I had in high school that I hadn't touched in almost ten years. Joined a gym, learned how to really lift. Lifted but ate crappy for a year. Finally figured out diet was important too. I was 190 lbs when I started working out. I got my noob gains to 200 lbs, cut and bulked a little here and there fluctuating between 190 and 200 lbs, but looking leaps better than I did before. Cut down to 175 lbs (my avatar picture) so I could see my abs. Been on a long slow bulk since then. A lot of lifting, a lot of eating, and 3 ph cycles later and I'm now 242 lbs.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lifted a little in high school. Had no idea what I was doing. Took creatine, did curls, bench press, and leg extensions, that was it. Horrible.

Flash forward 10 years, wife just had a baby. Decided we would start working out. I wanted to be healthier, she wanted to lose some baby fat. I still didn't really know what I was doing. Worked out a couple months in my basement on that same weight set I had in high school that I hadn't touched in almost ten years. Joined a gym, learned how to really lift. Lifted but ate crappy for a year. Finally figured out diet was important too. I was 190 lbs when I started working out. I got my noob gains to 200 lbs, cut and bulked a little here and there fluctuating between 190 and 200 lbs, but looking leaps better than I did before. Cut down to 175 lbs (my avatar picture) so I could see my abs. Been on a long slow bulk since then. A lot of lifting, a lot of eating, and 3 ph cycles later and I'm now 242 lbs.
Who taught u how to lift?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Trial and error and a sh*t load of reading for me