i have been out of the gym for 3 months

H

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
guys,
i have had a few downers come my way lately and i just can't motivate myself to get to the gym. i have not hit the gym hard for about 3 months now. it is really depressing but for some reason i just can't get myself out of this rut. has anyone had a similar experience? what did you do to get the fire back?

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Some options to get you going again
Start a new diet
Start a new training routine
Start a cycle (if applicable)
Just drag your ass to the gym once. Get that pump back and feel good about yourself again.

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Like NPursuit said, just drag your ass there - tired, depressed, whatever - just do it. You'll feel better and wonder why the hell you stopped. The iron is challenging you - go hit that ****! NOW! ;)

H

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i know that is what i should do. i feel like such a pussy complaining about it but i just wanted to know a little trick to get me back going. i think the cycle idea to get a jumpstart might work nicely. maybe a little m 1,4 ad will get me going

L

LittleChina

Awards
i know that is what i should do. i feel like such a pussy complaining about it but i just wanted to know a little trick to get me back going. i think the cycle idea to get a jumpstart might work nicely. maybe a little m 1,4 ad will get me going
Is there anything going on in your life particularly that is causing you to feel this way, is it more than just not wanting to lift weights. If it is something else then you should start at that problem first, as it would be the source problem.

Motivation comes from the desire to want or attain something, correct? What do you want, how bad do you want more mass?

Last edited:
H

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
alright,

do you have a psych degree pr something? well i just moved and at the same time i had a real nasty break up with me girlfriend and she accused me of beating her up to ruin my career. i did not not do that, but my mind has been reall busy and my body has no energy.

L

LittleChina

Awards
alright,

do you have a psych degree pr something? well i just moved and at the same time i had a real nasty break up with me girlfriend and she accused me of beating her up to ruin my career. i did not not do that, but my mind has been reall busy and my body has no energy.
No, I am going for computer science, but I hate programming. :D Hell I get crap grades anyhow, but intelligence doesn't rest on those alone [ending Off topic blabber now]

I just figured that something would have to be going on in your life not related to weight lifting that was inhibiting your excitement and pleasure for it, and what you say above is just that, and I am sorry for any **** you may have gone through that sucks big bull balls! :rant: I also figure that current problems and issues relating to that need to be put in order somewhat for you to get some sort of solice before you will regain your desire for the iron. I look at the above statements of encouragement people gave and they don't seem to be doing it for you, but you know best what has to fall in place in your life first before you will get your zeal back.

Seems like you may be ready now and just need a bit of nudging, correct? Now that your ex is in your past (hopefully so and its best to keep her there too) its time for those ladies where you live now to get their snatches prepared for what is to cum.............all over their faces, I tried a joke! If I was in your case, I would be pissed about what occured in my recent past but I would also be ready to change everything in my life, if I just moved I would be in the gym and doing other **** I normally wouldn't do to enhance myself after being in a situation that probably took a lot from you mentally and physically. I think weight lifting/bodybuilding is a way to attain both physically and mentally what has been taken from you, and solice and comfort you shall find!

Oh, and a great way to take out your pent up aggression that I know you must have a lot of.

^ Did any of the above make sense? If not I can give you the cliffnotes. :D

H

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
yeah, what you said made alot of sense. i am almost speechless. thanks alot man, sincerely. wow

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
dude i'm going through the same thing...

give life the big fucking finger and tell her "**** YOU!!!!!!" really loud in like a bar or something... you'll feel way better... (life is a bitch; so tell her to go **** herself)

listen to some old music you havent heard in a while and you'll be ok; maybe its the music inclination for me; but i always feel better....