good news and bad news - AnabolicMinds.com

good news and bad news

1. Senior Member

good news and bad news

First the good news, no major surgery is required for my back. Apparently what the idiot MRI people though they were looking at wasn't a new rupture but the scar tissue from the last surgery. (I can't blame them too much; I thought the same thing when I looked at it) The actually problem is the scar tissue has been torn, causing the area to swell and crush the nerve (this is what is causing the spasms and pain).

The bad news is that sense it is scar tissue they don't want to remove it. Instead tomorrow there are going to inject and suck stuff out of my back with large needles and machines. I had thought that this was just going to be the shots until they informed me today that I will be going under general anesthesia. (I hate that ****, I ALWAYS puke when I wake up) I am not entirely clear on the procedure except that it is suppose to straighten out the spinal core and reduce the inflammation until the scar tissue heals. I will let you know how it works out Friday I hope.

Thanks to everyone for there support.

And fire my sprit be.

2. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!

Good luck bro, I hope everything turns out well! I'm with you on not liking general anesthesia.
  3. Elite Member

Good luck Skye
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

That sucks bro, good luck and I hope you get back to 100% asap
  5. Senior Member

Update

Good news. (It really is about time I had some) first off, I didn’t have to take a general anesthesia as they gave me a local. The downside to that is I was awake when they were sticking me. In the future I may reconsider the general. For some reason you can ‘hear’ (not sure if I was so much hearing it as feeling, its hard to describe) the needles going in, and this was not a reaction to the pain because the 23 didn’t hurt that much at all. As for the sensation I am at a loss to describe it. I was however keenly aware the needles going in, it was as though I could feel them going through the ligaments and scar tissue. It really wasn’t too bad until it came time to time to inject the steroids in the back. For everything else they used 25 and 23g 4 to 6 inch needles (the 25 for the local, didn’t make it deep enough, the 23 was for whatever else they were doing) but for this they used an 18g needle. That one hurt as it went in right at the place of the surgery, hence lots of scare tissue. (I think the lidocaine just wasn’t deep). It wasn’t the pain that bothered me so much as the sound. This one crunched as put it in (he had some trouble pushing it all the way in or something). And that was one long needle

Now that I have that out of my system I am done whining. Not even 9 hours after the procedure I am already doing better. I will be going back to work Sunday and I can even start back in the gym Monday (certain exercises only though, upper body mostly). I do have 4 weeks of physical therapy to go to but I am actually looking forward to that. Considering the way the MRI people scared me this couldn’t have gone any better.

Thanks again to everyone.
  6. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    It wasn’t the pain that bothered me so much as the sound. This one crunched as put it in (he had some trouble pushing it all the way in or something). And that was one long needle
    Reminds me of when I had to watch a bone marrow aspiration for my lab schooling . I'm glad everything went well for you bro! Soon enough, you'll be deadlifting as much as me
  7. New Member

I will be going under general anesthesia. (I hate that ****, I ALWAYS puke when I wake up)
    You should talk to the anesthesiologist before hand and tell him about your history. He may be able to try another method that won't cause the ralphing.

Good luck with your surgery, it sounds scary.

I thought you were a young college guy? what did you do to your back??

I'm half a century and thank the Random Quantum Flucuations that all my verterbrea are intact...
  8. New Member

Good news. (It really is about time I had some) first off, I didn’t have to take a general anesthesia as they gave me a local. The downside to that is I was awake when they were sticking me. In the future I may reconsider the general...
    Glad things went well for you. take your time recovering. It is imperative to fully heal before you start breaking things again<g>.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenguy
    You should talk to the anesthesiologist before hand and tell him about your history. He may be able to try another method that won't cause the ralphing.

Good luck with your surgery, it sounds scary.

I thought you were a young college guy? what did you do to your back??

I'm half a century and thank the Random Quantum Flucuations that all my verterbrea are intact...
    Long done with collage, am 31. 2 years ago I ruptured lumbar 4 and 5. was diagnosed with dengerative disk sysdrome or something (big long name can not pronouce.) This time I was lucky and just tore a bunch of scar tissue.

Has less to due with the Quantum vaccum flucuations then then my misspent youth. I have been ran over once, wrecked a motercycle twice, and had a very bad habit of jump off insanely high places. I did I mention that I was inherantly stupid?

My thanks again to everyone.
  10. New Member

Long done with collage, am 31. 2 years ago I ruptured lumbar 4 and 5. was diagnosed with dengerative disk sysdrome or something (big long name can not pronouce.) This time I was lucky and just tore a bunch of scar tissue.

Has less to due with the Quantum vaccum flucuations then then my misspent youth. I have been ran over once, wrecked a motercycle twice, and had a very bad habit of jump off insanely high places. I did I mention that I was inherantly stupid?

My thanks again to everyone.
    You are far from stupid my friend.

Luckily, I have always had a fear of heights...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Good Idea and Bad Idea Steroids for Pulsing
    By thesinner in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 06:23 AM
  2. Good Side of Bad News: Steroid Debate (funny)
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 12:28 AM
  3. Good fats and bad Fats
    By ItsHectic in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
  4. Good news, Bad News..
    By Poobah in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
  5. Good and Bad News