Need new Earphones What do you use??

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I had a pair of the sony wrap around earphones. They were pretty good, I liked them because the never fell out.. I like the ones the wrap around you ear, the cheap iphone ones always fall out of my ear..

I heard some good things on the ones that suction in to your ear I think there called earbuds anyone have those??

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What is your budget, and what sort of music do you listen to?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I have had the in ear from Bose for years now and love them. When they break they send me a new pair all I pay is shipping. They are expensive but sound awesome and never fall out. They curl inside your ear. People will say they are to expensive. I had them replaced 5 times. They are starting to pay for themselves.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bose is over priced poop..lol

So much better out there, for the price.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Walmart special Panasonic wrap around ear phones. One pair, 4 years and counting.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I don't want to spend too much. Mayb around $30. Listen to mostly hip hop and rap. And use mostly for the gym

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I use ibeats by monster n payed 99.00 sound really good after break in period. Not wrap around but noice cancelling. Really good if u dont wanna hear the cheesy gym music without damaging ur ears. I also listen to alo of rap

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
skull candys are nice

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I use Skull Candy. Nice sound and only about 20 bucks i think it was.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i mostly have used skull candy's, but i always find they last 8 months and then one side goes out and need to be replaced....i just replaced mine last week, decided to just buy a few cheap pairs....jvc and sony both make inexpensive headphones....we'll see how they work today

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I just stick to the iPhone headphones....the seem to last me long enough. I find that if you don't wrap your headphones they will last significantly longer.

However, it's not a matter of if it's a matter of when they go out. I've yet to find a pair that stand the test of time

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of MEElectronics earbuds. I have one set at work and one at home. I don't use them for the gym but I'm thinking about getting a pair of the M6's for the gym.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of MEElectronics earbuds. I have one set at work and one at home. I don't use them for the gym but I'm thinking about getting a pair of the M6's for the gym.
Yea they sound really good for the price. Honestly with some of the offerings out there these days, there is no reason people should be buying things like "skullcandy", etc when there are similarly priced IEM's that BLOW them away.

Here is a good post, with about 215 reviews on IEM's. You can see that a lot of the ME's rate up there with head phones that are substantially more expensive. Also Brainwavs are good for around that price range.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-214-iems-compared-jvc-ha-fxt90-and-ha-fx500-added-1-8-12#post_6492059

I just scooped up a pair of these for the gym. JVC FXT90 . They should be here tomorrow, can't wait!

Dual driver

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
If you have Blue Tooth functionally:

I have an older model of these (wrap around the back of your ear) - I can tell you for sure they will not fall out when working out and I barely notice them being in, even when i am wearing a skull cap over my ears.

The new ones are diffrent so I dont know how they are but sound quality wise they are as good as any in ears i have used. Battery life was good enough - could go maybe 3 or 4 works outs (including cardio) before you need to charge them. They will drain out on their own though so they do need to be charged weekly FWIW.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/

trainwcristi

trainwcristi

Awards
They're big but you can never go
Wrong with dre beats( they got small ones too, those are the earbud kind )

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Rap is what I listen to...

Typically use my iPhone ones cuz I dont have to charge em.

I have a nice pair of jaybird secure fits I picked up around x mas time for $50, normally cost 100$.
Bluetooth, many different ear hook & gel designs, sweat proof, they r nice as hell.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got a pair of Koss that I love. Cost a little over $20 but they never fall out! They are like the squeeze/roll ear plugs and block out background noise really good. Don't have to have music turned up as loud to hear it so my batteries last longer too.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i got bose. love em. skull candies are also awesome.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rocketfish Bluetooth headphones; I have 2 pairs and rotate them so 1 is always charged. They're the only set of headphones I've ever truly been impressed with.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Jaybird Bluetooth is what I use

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
You dog you, I payed 100

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
i just use skullcandy earbuds lol

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I like skullcandy alot but I always seem to lose sound in one speaker. Don't know if it's the quality or due to the amount of use. Thankfully they usually have em cheap at tjmax.

Natural_Matt

Natural_Matt

Awards
Try some klipsch in ear buds. You can get em for around 75$ and they sound unreal. Also, for earbuds I recommend spending like 30 bucks on an extended warranty because cords on every kind of earbuds seem to break

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried those wooden ear buds? I guess they claim the wood gives them better acoustics or something but at that size I don't really see how it would be that effective.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried those wooden ear buds? I guess they claim the wood gives them better acoustics or something but at that size I don't really see how it would be that effective.
Earbud or iem?

Jvc makes a iem with wood housing and they are really nice.

I am loving my fxt90s. They sound amazing.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Dre beats studio's. If you got
The money to blow. Can't hear **** outside of them and very awesome bass and tremble

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Beats are over priced junk.lol

So much nicer stuff for that price.

Go on a headphone forum and ask about Beats... It is like coming here and asking about muscletech.lol

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Those are what I was speaking of, I had never heard the term IEM. Is that just a manufacture title for that style? I thought ear bud was pretty much any tiny headphone that fit into the ear canal

Btw those look nice but the price says $365!?!?!? That's insane
In ear monitor(iem) is the style of earphone not brand specific. They insert in the canal. Ear buds go outside the canal like the ones that come with the iPod.

That is a pretty high end set right there.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
In ear monitor(iem) is the style of earphone not brand specific. They insert in the canal. Ear buds go outside the canal like the ones that come with the iPod.

That is a pretty high end set right there.
Ahhh ic , never paid attention to the terminology. Yea not a fan of ear buds.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
i stay breaking my head phones thats why i never buy an expensive pair lol.. cords always breaking or il have em like out of my ears and slung over my shoulder theyl fall off and il drop a db on them or something crazy lol