Broken thumb...how long to heal??

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Hi guys...about two months ago I got into car accident and broke my thumb...6weeks ago doctors did surgery and 4days ago doctors took pins out of my hand....all this time I had the cast on...now my broken arm is so weak and it looks smaller and skinner than the other arm...I tried to pick weights but I can't...I can't even bend my thumb coz I had the cast on for 2months so it's just straight thumb...I'm trying to move my thumb as much I can...do anyone kno how long it's gonna take to heal?? And am I gonna be able to get my strength back??? And will my arm gonna look normal again??? Any advise on this would be great...

Thank you!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Bump!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Bump for any doctor in the house...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
No idea, have you thought of contacting the Dr. who put you in the cast?

ManBeast

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
No idea, have you thought of contacting the Dr. who put you in the cast?

ManBeast
Well he took my cast off 5days ago and I asked him that how long it will take to get my strength...he said like 2months...and that's a long time...but my arm look skinner than my other arm...idk wat to do about that...idk if my arm gonna look normal like before..

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well he took my cast off 5days ago and I asked him that how long it will take to get my strength...he said like 2months...and that's a long time...but my arm look skinner than my other arm...idk wat to do about that...idk if my arm gonna look normal like before..
It will get back to normal man. Don't worry. Just take it slow and rehab it like your doc suggests. I've had my hand in a cast before too and same thing, small, weak, hurt, took awhile, but all turned out good.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
It will get back to normal man. Don't worry. Just take it slow and rehab it like your doc suggests. I've had my hand in a cast before too and same thing, small, weak, hurt, took awhile, but all turned out good.
I hope bro...thanks :)

It's coz I'm gonna do a cycle in February and my thumb it's not bending all the way...only the top part is bending but the bottom bone is not...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'd postpone the cycle until you have regained full movement and use of the thumb, maybe even regained some of the arm strength as well.

ManBeast

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
I'd postpone the cycle until you have regained full movement and use of the thumb, maybe even regained some of the arm strength as well.

ManBeast
Yea that's what I'm thinking too...but there's still lot of time left...I hope it gets better by end of the month...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Same, but remember that "better" and "ready for a cycle" are different, no sense in wasting good stuff ya know?

ManBeast