Aproaching hotties at gym

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Aproaching hotties at gym


    You guys ever talk to the hotties at gym?? There's this one girl i got a crush on but nervous to go up to her cuz if it goes wrong I see her ever day there


  2. Can you post a picture of her? We can't really advise you without seeing what kind of material is spoken of.
    I believe most people are essentially good. I know that I am. It's you I'm not entirely sure of.
    ― Stephen King.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by n87 View Post
    Can you post a picture of her? We can't really advise you without seeing what kind of material is spoken of.
    good idea until a picture comes up , often i find the gym a place to get my physical fitness done, not stand around flirting or talking and wasting time, so try and catch her after shes leaving the gym, ask if she wants to go hiking or maybe a football game
    •   
       


  4. I find the best way to meet girls at the gym is in the classes. It's a group fitness environment and they are much more open there then say the weightroom or on cardio equipment.

    You can also just be friendly and say hi occasionally if you see her every day. She might start to warm up to you and you can eventually be like 'hi. what's going on. how's your day going. blah blah blah'

  5. I tend to advise against trying to meet someone in the weightroom or on the cardio machines as well, the classes are the best for the above mentioned reasons (that or become staff there and hope she asks you a question someday that can lead to conversation, LOL)

    ManBeast

  6. ^ what he said. And if she doesn't warm up to you and start the conversation after a while just ask simple questions. How was your weekend, and start to get a little conversation going. Then one time ask if she has any plans and if she wants to go out for a drink or some food.

  7. start by saing hi when you happen to walk by her. If shes hot she gets hit on all the time. Thats what happens to hot girls.

    see if she says hi back work with it. if not, your done here. If she wont even acknowledge you theres no where to go from here aside finding a new target.


    If she does say hi back continue on like this for a few wks. I know you ll just wana approach her for dinner, movie, whatever you do but resist. let the small BS talk work its way up to something else. once you stand around for a min when you say hi to one another and once you know her NAME than you can ask her out.

    jumping the gun will only ruin things for you. IDK about you but anytime i walk up to or somehow meet/talk to a new chick i can tell if ill ever get a chance of hitting the sheets within 10 min. Not sure what it is about women but i think in the 1st 10-20min they meet a guy they decide if they will ever let him touch their fun parts. so if you can accomplish this with the small talk, saying hi 5 days a wk you already know your answer.


    or it could take more.....

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Tboz View Post
    You guys ever talk to the hotties at gym?? There's this one girl i got a crush on but nervous to go up to her cuz if it goes wrong I see her ever day there
    Speaking from a girls perspective. i HATE it when guys come up to me in the gym and try to talk to me when I'm working out. I have my head phones on for a reason. To work out, not talk to you! Most other girls I know who work out a lot feel the same way. There are the occasional few girls who wear tons of makeup and run on the treadmill, with their hair down, because they are "trying" to look hot and get attention. SO, unless she is one of those girls, I wouldn't bother her when she's working out. Def wait to after, when she's coming into the gym, or leaving. Good luck!
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Speaking from a girls perspective. i HATE it when guys come up to me in the gym and try to talk to me when I'm working out. I have my head phones on for a reason. To work out, not talk to you! Most other girls I know who work out a lot feel the same way. There are the occasional few girls who wear tons of makeup and run on the treadmill, with their hair down, because they are "trying" to look hot and get attention. SO, unless she is one of those girls, I wouldn't bother her when she's working out. Def wait to after, when she's coming into the gym, or leaving. Good luck!
    Solid advice and nice to have a female's perspective. I hope you'll be sticking around AM.




    There was actually a post on this on one of the company's blogs from a sponsored athlete a few weeks ago. It was Beast, if I recall. But what she said is fairly similar to this and what's already been said.

    I don't hit on girls in the gym for a number of reasons. Gym and church are two places I consider sanctuaries (in their own ways) and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my place of tranquility and/or passion. Couple that with the fact that when I lift, I wear a skull cap and my headphones, I just don't look like an approachable guy (add to this my awesome beard, and you've really got a combination lol) -- this is done strategically. I don't want to be bothered. I go to lift and not get caught up in anything until I'm done. I don't mind talking a bit between sets, but if I'm doing high intensity work, I don't have more than 50 seconds to do that.

    If I do talk to someone, it's usually around the cubbie holes near the door. I unwind for a few minutes while I ditch the gloves and everything else, and that's where I'll catch up with a few people and if I were to say hi to anyone, it would typically be there. The other time I'll talk to women in my gym is if there's a unique reason to. For example, if she has on a St. Louis Cardinals t-shirt (not at all likely down here lol), I might mention that or say nice shirt or something along those lines. I try to do those things as genuine as possible and I try to make comments that I would also be able to make to another guy. It's just general conversation that opens the door for future communication if either party desires it.

    I'll also give some advice, but ONLY if I'm asked for it. Even if someone is doing something blatantly wrong (unless it's certain there will be impending injury), I do not correct people. I do, however, on occasion have women ask me "what's good for ___?" or something along those lines. That's when you get a chance to show some good work outs and let's face it, guys love it when girls actually lift and not just do cardio, so it's nice to share that information.

    Every situation is unique, so just feel it out. If you don't have good observational skills or good communication skills, you're screwed, anyway. Darwinism at its best .
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  10. "Hey pretty lady I've been watching you and I gotta say you're much hotter than my last girlfriend, that I met on prisonpenpals.com, what do you say we skip the lat machine, and hop into my date machine?" <---game changer.
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    "Hey pretty lady I've been watching you and I gotta say you're much hotter than my last girlfriend, that I met on prisonpenpals.com, what do you say we skip the lat machine, and hop into my date machine?" <---game changer.
    lol'd

    I imagine if you do this, you'd also have to be wearing an "I'm with hottie" t-shirt and you'd stand right next to her while she's in the middle of her lift and start pointing at it making suggestive eyebrow raises and grins.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  12. muhahahahah you guys are funny!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    lol'd

    I imagine if you do this, you'd also have to be wearing an "I'm with hottie" t-shirt and you'd stand right next to her while she's in the middle of her lift and start pointing at it making suggestive eyebrow raises and grins.

  14. Thanks for all the help I guess I got to try with some small talk. I never do classes so that's out the water. My idea was to ask to work in on the machine she is using and try to start some small talk
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Tboz View Post
    Thanks for all the help I guess I got to try with some small talk. I never do classes so that's out the water. My idea was to ask to work in on the machine she is using and try to start some small talk
    Unless you legitimately needed to, I wouldn't try to work in with her.

    Chances are, she'd probably just say something like, "Oh, you can have it" and then leave before she was even finished. Not to mention some people are weird about wiping machines down in between sets if you're working in and that just becomes strange.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  16. Or mayb she won't mind me workin I. And it gives a chance to strike up a conversation. There only one way to find out

  17. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Speaking from a girls perspective. i HATE it when guys come up to me in the gym and try to talk to me when I'm working out. I have my head phones on for a reason. To work out, not talk to you! Most other girls I know who work out a lot feel the same way. There are the occasional few girls who wear tons of makeup and run on the treadmill, with their hair down, because they are "trying" to look hot and get attention. SO, unless she is one of those girls, I wouldn't bother her when she's working out. Def wait to after, when she's coming into the gym, or leaving. Good luck!
    Man there are tons of girls like that at my gym, with full blown make-up, hair did, and all! It's quite funny.

  18. ..........
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. I wouldn't approach her at all ... well ...

    My advice is this ...

    "You are the Man" ... I actually dated a 38 year old Hawaiian woman (name was KeeKi) when I was 22 - yeah, for about six months. She told me I was too young for her and that it would end when she progressed to the next "phase" of her life. Anyway - while we dated, she felt the need to teach me some things and, I'm kind of glad she did because she knew what she was talking about.

    First off - let her know you notice her by making eye contact. A lot of gyms have mirrors all over the place so make a point of glancing at her ass when she walks by - she'll notice you did because she can see you in the mirror. She's not going to be offended - women in the gym are there to make themselves more attractive to men - so a bit of positive feedback that it's working is something she craves. Just don't go pervo with it.

    And - act like she's just another "target" on your radar, nothing that you HAVE to have but something that could be a possibility. See how she reacts. If she's physically attracted to you this may be enough for her to start broadcasting unmistakable "vibes" for you to approach her.

    But women aren't wired like us - so it will often take more than a physical attraction to get her transmitter firing.

    Next stage is the "bump and go" ... when you pass her in the gym, pull one earplug out of your ears and just say ... "Hi" ... and keep moving, like you're on a mission. Watch her reaction - you haven't risked rejection yet because you haven't done anything but say "Hi" - that happens all the time. It's a good way to establish familiarity.

    Eventually you're going to get an opportunity to talk to her - some completely normal situation will arise and it'll just be logical to have a conversation. In my gym - *******s will leave the 100 pound plates on the leg press - and when the girls want to use it, they'll come up and ask if I can remove those heavy plates - which I'm happy to do. I talk to them then.

    A lot of times - the girl will light off the first spark - but it'll be subtle dude, nothing overt. Basically she'll throw you a softball and expect you to hit it out of the park - if you don't even swing at the pitch, then she writes you off as a loser.

    Women like confident, strong men - they don't like indecisive, weak, vacillating men. Keeki taught me this - and a few other things! :P

  20. Kirk Lazarus: Nah! It's simple as pie man, you plant your feet on the ground, you look her square in the eyes you say "Hey! baby, you and me's goin' on a date, that's the end of story"


  21. subbed for pics

  22. I like to look a woman straight in the eye (her good eye) and say..."hey sugarpants let me ask you this...you walking home alone tonight?"

  23. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23
    I like to look a woman straight in the eye (her good eye) and say..."hey sugarpants let me ask you this...you walking home alone tonight?"
    I clicked into this thread because you mentioned her good eye lol
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  24. The brown one?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Speaking from a girls perspective. i HATE it when guys come up to me in the gym and try to talk to me when I'm working out. I have my head phones on for a reason. To work out, not talk to you! Most other girls I know who work out a lot feel the same way. There are the occasional few girls who wear tons of makeup and run on the treadmill, with their hair down, because they are "trying" to look hot and get attention. SO, unless she is one of those girls, I wouldn't bother her when she's working out. Def wait to after, when she's coming into the gym, or leaving. Good luck!
    WTF is up with this ideology? - Back when my wife and I were still dating she would avoid all attention given to her at grocery stores, gyms, etc...this is where you meet NORMAL, well-to-do people. You don't meet them online or at a club. It's the perfect time to get to know someone.

    I met my wife on the back porch of my apartment complex and proposed a year later. I sure as heck showed her.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    WTF is up with this ideology? - Back when my wife and I were still dating she would avoid all attention given to her at grocery stores, gyms, etc...this is where you meet NORMAL, well-to-do people. You don't meet them online or at a club. It's the perfect time to get to know someone.

    I met my wife on the back porch of my apartment complex and proposed a year later. I sure as heck showed her.
    Damn brother your married? Congrats!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    WTF is up with this ideology? - Back when my wife and I were still dating she would avoid all attention given to her at grocery stores, gyms, etc...this is where you meet NORMAL, well-to-do people. You don't meet them online or at a club. It's the perfect time to get to know someone.

    I met my wife on the back porch of my apartment complex and proposed a year later. I sure as heck showed her.
    I was talking about the gym. I hate being approached at the gym because I'm trying to focus on getting my workout on. I hardly have time to even get to the gym so when I do please leave me alone. I never said I avoid people approaching me everywhere in the world! And I would NEVER do online dating. I dated a guy I met at a gas station for 2 years.

  28. Awwwhhhh yes the gym, where women look the hottest but are the more unapproachable than if they were with their parents. It's a crazy world we live in

  29. And I'm having the same problem as Tboz, except there's a good chance this girl is A LOT older than me haha

  30. Wait until she is about to sit on a machine and slip in right under her.........oops. LOL.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

  31. Facebook stalk the **** outta her, and keep poking her!!
    I pick things up... and i put em down...

  32. Ok here's how to do it, get a good friend who is a girl, have her engage conversation with said "hottie". That is your green light, go in! Get to tha choppa!!!

  33. Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40 View Post
    Ok here's how to do it, get a good friend who is a girl, have her engage conversation with said "hottie". That is your green light, go in! Get to tha choppa!!!
    About the only solid chance I've seen posted in here.

    ManBeast

  34. The ski mask way.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  35. I personally avoid 99% of humans @ the gym BUT I found out the front desk to be a good starting point because it doesn't feel like you're pestering the target. This chick was at the pro-shop looking at protein bars when I came in and grabbed a 50 whey protein drink and simply said "I wouldn't buy a protein bar if I were you" That started a conversation about nutrition that led to dating. Most of us can look smart when we discuss nutrition with people who aren't as well versed in the subject.

  36. I had a dating experience with a girl from the gym. We're good friends now but it was just for fun to try ultimately knowing it wasnt going past the experimental stage. I was a 23yo semi-tan white kid and shes a 35 yo woman with skin the color of this AM background. But we had a great time, never got awkward when at the gym. Like I said, still very close friendship and our workouts were separate - we could hang out afterward. It is possible. My trainer kinda played an intermediate roll in the initiation but I started the conversation and first encounter.

    Here's my question I need help with (might start a separate thread): I just moved to a new state. I know NO ONE outside work. I'm very social and outgoing; meeting people isn't hard for me. I just wanna know how should I approach this. Not even with girls i may be interested in but guy/girl friendship wise too.

    banthony22... could use you here. Hook a brotha up.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  37. Quote Originally Posted by evandem27 View Post
    Facebook stalk the **** outta her, and keep poking her!!
    OrganicShadow likes this
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    I personally avoid 99% of humans @ the gym BUT I found out the front desk to be a good starting point because it doesn't feel like you're pestering the target. This chick was at the pro-shop looking at protein bars when I came in and grabbed a 50 whey protein drink and simply said "I wouldn't buy a protein bar if I were you" That started a conversation about nutrition that led to dating. Most of us can look smart when we discuss nutrition with people who aren't as well versed in the subject.
    My girlfriend works at the front desk at my gym
    I pick things up... and i put em down...

  39. OK. Say hi and ask a stupid question. Then say I'm having a bad day if she gives a obvious answer. Make up something like I just feel like I'm all alone then shell have a bit of sympathy.

    Or show off them muscles.

    Or just make small talk and maybe shell ask you out for a drink or something. But I'm a teen so what to I know.

  40. Okayyy.... Effff all these answers. Heres the real answer to your problem!

    Make sure you have your headphones on full blast, and walk slowly near her... And have Justin Beiber blasting. Guaranteed to make her wet and get you laid. She'll notice your a sensitive guy and nice guy once she knows you got Beiber fever, and your IN!

    And boooooooooom goes the dynamite!!!
    I pick things up... and i put em down...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Metal Hotties
    By joeflex73 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Log in
Log in