One of the best movies ever..... - AnabolicMinds.com

One of the best movies ever.....

1. Senior Member

One of the best movies ever.....

The 13th Warrior is one the best films ever IMO. If you have ever wanted to learn some of the valuable principals of leadership, defense and offense, and strategies for success then it is a must see. I know its been out awhile but if you have not seen it, see it, and if you have seen it, then see it again and watch it with the framework I listed above in mind. It's incredible!

WW7

2. New Member

13th warrior was great i thought! tho not one of the best but a real good film.
  3. New Member

Isn't that supposed to be like Beowulf or something?
    •   

4. Banned

Originally posted by windwords7
    The 13th Warrior is one the best films ever IMO. I
    Jake, this is one of my all-time favorites. After I bought the tape, I think I watched it every day for 2 weeks. I love the part where Bulwyf drags himself out on his sword to do battle with his dying breath. Then when they chant their death song about the call of the ancestors and Valhalla. Man this movie is a sleeper. An absolute 5 star gem!
  5. Banned

Originally posted by pogue
    Isn't that supposed to be like Beowulf or something?
    NO, not even similar.
  6. Registered User

the book was better of course but i think its a great movie..although the lord of the rings trilogy i think will lay waste to all others imho
  7. Banned

Originally posted by wojo
    the book was better of course but i think its a great movie..although the lord of the rings trilogy i think will lay waste to all others imho
    I also read the book,"The Eaters Of The Dead," by Michael Crichton. I thought the movie was far better. The book didn't have the energy nor the drama of the movie.
  8. Registered User

i thoroughly disagree benz,as the book had far more depth..but hey the movie was good.btw benz the darkness is a great book..
  9. Banned

I'm not familiar with "the Darkness." Who is the author.
  10. Banned

BTW, I wasn't really downing the book. But few books, no matter the detail or the depth, can quite convey the driving score, the clashing sounds of battle and the general excitement of a movie like the 13th Warrior.
  11. Registered User

its ur avatar benz..thats the name of the character
  12. Registered User

Originally posted by John Benz
    BTW, I wasn't really downing the book. But few books, no matter the detail or the depth, can quite convey the driving score, the clashing sounds of battle and the general excitement of a movie like the 13th Warrior.
    i got what u meant and i agree..there2 seperate mediums for storytelling both with there own strengths and weaknesses...braveheart was a great movie too,
  13. Senior Member

13th Warrior is great, and Braveheart is ****ing unreal. I love that ****... other fave movies of mine with that epic feel, also loved Last of the Mohicans, Gangs of New York (Daniel Day Lewis, insanely badass), many others... Tombstone... yeah anyway, I prefer 13th Warrior film over Eaters of the Dead, more energy for sure... Gladiator was pretty ****ing good too, if a little too generic for me ("I am Gladiator"... right, right)
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Originally posted by Biggin
    Braveheart is ****ing unreal. I love that ****...
    Yes sir!! I love that movie, one of the greatest ever IMO. Of course I am mostly Scottish descent, so maybe I'm slightly biased.
  15. New Member

Only if Antonio Banderas was not in it, he cannot act. Excepted Desperado(but El Mariachi was better). The commercials ruined it for me, they said better than Braveheart, unfortunately it was not even close. Banderas just ruined that movie any quality actor would have made it a great movie.
  16. Registered User

forgot about tombstone that movie was the ****....banderas is as smart as a toaster..he and keanue shouldhave a spelling bee with big poppa pump moderating
  17. Banned

its ur avatar benz..thats the name of the character
    Not quite sure what you mean.
  18. Banned

I'm not a Banderas fan, but I thought he fit in well in the 13th warrior. Yeah, I loved Tombstone and Braveheart as well. Gladiator was great. Last of the Mohicans-great. But the battle scene at Helm's Deep, in THE TWO TOWERS supercedes anything that has ever been shown on screen. I just read an interview with Peter Jackson and he says the climatic battle scene in RETURN OF THE KING will make that one look like a sleepy day in the shire. I can't imagine!
  19. Registered User

good lord they think they can improve on that battle at helms deep..this trilogy is a amazing..benz ur avatar is a character from a comic book called darkness
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Yeah I was truly and thoroughly amazed at both LOTR's, but Helm's Deep was just incredible, if it gets better I think my head may explode!
  21. Banned

good lord they think they can improve on that battle at helms deep..
    They don't think. The Return Of The King is completely filmed and simply awaiting release at Christmas time.
  22. Elite Member

Very true Benz... but you never know they did reshoot some parts of the Two Towers..
  23. Senior Member

Of course I said in the title of this thread that the 13th Warrior was ONE of the best films ever. It's in my top 7. Number one and two are LOTR all the way. I am a HUGE Tolkien fan (I know I'm a geek) and I have read (and I am currently reading) his complete works. Next up is the Book of Lost tales 1 and then the Book of Lost Tales 2!

Helms deep was incredible indeed but just think, if your familar with the story, what comes next as far as battles! The most incredible fighting is yet to come. Of course the next one will also have the victory of Aragorn, Gandalf and Middle earth, and Aragorn's restoration. Not to mention that incredible part where he calls upon the "dead" to go to battle. It should be quite and final chapter indeed!
  24. Banned

Originally posted by Matthew D
    Very true Benz... but you never know they did reshoot some parts of the Two Towers..
    Not sure he did. What you may not be aware of is that Jackson shot ALL 3 movies at the same time, so that at the time Fellowship of the Ring was released, the other 2 movies could have been released the same day!

He did however, cut about 30 minutes from each movie for the sake of brevity. Most of the time when you see added footage, you realize cutting it made for a better movie. Not so with Fellowship. I got the extended version and the missing footage is great stuff. If you never read the books you don't realize the significance of the jeweled clasps like the one dropped by the hobbits in TT. The extended version shows a deleted scene where Galadriel gives each of the Fellowship a parting gift. It's a great scene, where Gimli the dwarf becomes smitten by her beauty, and asks only for 1 hair from her head. These scenes should never have been cut.

Jackson says he intends to put out an extended version of Two Towers as well. I will wait for that one.
  25. Senior Member

Yeah the added footage in the extended version is incredible. I too own the extended version and it is worth it!
  26. Registered User

i feel this trilogy exemplifies everything great about movie making,its the pinnacle thus far to me.i personally cant wait for daredevil(yes im a comic book geek)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. one of the best sandwiches
    By Nightwanderer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 10:18 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 09:37 AM
  4. One of the Funniest Things I have Ever Seen
    By OCCFan023 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1