My Fitness Pal. (Couple Questions)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Downloaded the app and I've always brushed it off.
Took another look at it today and & said let me go ahead and try and use this.
Works great, found a lot of protein shakes in there, lots of the foods I eat. It's really cool.
I have a few questions.

1) I know I can add foods (custom), but is there a way to make a suggestion to the maker of the app like a protein powder that may not be listed so every1 can have access to it?

2) I can see my ratios of c/f/p but I can only seem them in graph and number format the BAR graph does not work only the circular graph.

3) in addition to the circular graph can I set it so my goals show reflect a 40/30/30 macro plan instead of the 55/30/15 that they have set?

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Sorry bro, cant really help ya on this 1, I did have the program but got rid of it for fit day, I personally found it way better for my needs, Bit more simpler to navigate around ect. May be worth a look into man? when your bored :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry bro, cant really help ya on this 1, I did have the program but got rid of it for fit day, I personally found it way better for my needs, Bit more simpler to navigate around ect. May be worth a look into man? when your bored :D
What was better about fit day?

Seems fitness pal has a huge database and also can be tracked online...

banthony22

banthony22

Awards
fit day is an online program! you can create custom foods (maybe meals you've made), it has a big database of custom foods already in the system you can select from, you can change the portion sizes, and it saves your previous meals. So if you eat the same thing, you just have to select previous day choices! I also tracks your daily fat and protein intake. I only use it for looking at my meals and calories, but there is a journal option, a tracker option, etc. It's def worth checking out!

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
I used to use this app faithfully and just downloaded it again. Not sure about all your questions but I do believe that it is not necessary to contact the app operators. I think that whenever you put in a "custom" food choice it becomes available to everyone, it becomes part of the database. So if you added protein powder facts for different brands it should be available to everyone.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's cool figured most of it out...
Truly helps keep u n line, all for free :)

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Yeah man. Sometimes u get to look at what you have been eating and it can get scary. But I look forward to using it

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah man. Sometimes u get to look at what you have been eating and it can get scary. But I look forward to using it
Right...
It's an eye opener... Some days I over do it & other days I am low...

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Instead of making a new thread on my soon to be typed pointless l8 night rant i thought i would re sufarce your ol post JP!

Im actually using myfitnesspal now also instead of fitday as i was previously using.....Anyway, was bored last night and after putting in my last meal i decided to head over to the forums to have a look at whats being posted there. and man!!! TALK ABOUT BLIND LEADING THE BLIND, after 15mins of reading and finding posts with 20+ replies all with the wrong guidance and info i decided to not bother chipping in and went to bed :D

Gotta love reading posts on some of the poor girls there saying there frustrated with there results and how they have been doing 2.5kg curls while lunging and doing stepups on a box, or how zumba/girl pump/barbie prances really got there heart rate going but still not seeing results EVEN when they go 2 days a week lmao oooo well, who am i to judge.... lol

That why i love AM feels like home now :) even tho a lot of questions are the exact same these days, but i guess that's what we are all here for to help and guide others as well as seek information and new ideas that we may not know or have utilized ourselves.

well that was my 11pm rant for the night, Must of been that 1litre of milk i just skulled! got me all talkative haha

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Instead of making a new thread on my soon to be typed pointless l8 night rant i thought i would re sufarce your ol post JP!

Im actually using myfitnesspal now also instead of fitday as i was previously using.....Anyway, was bored last night and after putting in my last meal i decided to head over to the forums to have a look at whats being posted there. and man!!! TALK ABOUT BLIND LEADING THE BLIND, after 15mins of reading and finding posts with 20+ replies all with the wrong guidance and info i decided to not bother chipping in and went to bed :D

Gotta love reading posts on some of the poor girls there saying there frustrated with there results and how they have been doing 2.5kg curls while lunging and doing stepups on a box, or how zumba/girl pump/barbie prances really got there heart rate going but still not seeing results EVEN when they go 2 days a week lmao oooo well, who am i to judge.... lol

That why i love AM feels like home now :) even tho a lot of questions are the exact same these days, but i guess that's what we are all here for to help and guide others as well as seek information and new ideas that we may not know or have utilized ourselves.

well that was my 11pm rant for the night, Must of been that 1litre of milk i just skulled! got me all talkative haha
Cuz u da man!

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Yo Aaron, You kno with that myfitnesspal, is there a way to manually change your protein intake, Its got me on like 108g's per day when i want to be at 300 lmao!

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
all good brah! soughted on first try hahaha, It pays to try something first before asking so it seems :D