My new video card!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Im a tech geek....oh well, I am excited!!! I only paid 89.00 for this bad boy. Screaming deal!

VGA EVGA GEFORCE4 MX440 SE 128MB VGA & TV-OUT. RETAIL BOX The e-GeForce4 MX-440 SE 128MB will allow gamers to play games at a higher resolution with good performance
Specifications: AGP
GPU:Nvidia Geforce4 Mx440
MEM:128MB DDR
Memory Clock 333MHz
GPU Core: 250MHz.
Max Res: 2048 x 1536 60Hz
Max TV output Res:(1024x768).
Ports:DB15 VGA + Svideo out
Retail Box (Comes with Driver Manual and S-video cable) Model#: 128-A4-NV71-S2

Attachments

syko

Awards
Damn, for 90 bucks? What truck did it fal off of. I am thinking of building a new Pc myself aned i think i am going to go with a radeon 9700, with a creative platinum SB, dual Athlon XPs (tyan), 1gb ram and a 20gb scsi.

Dunno though right yest matters how many funds i have when i go to build.

sweet card.

peace.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I am through with Radeon. WAY to many driver issues (I have a Radeon card right now). Im looking foward to 128meg of DDR video loving!

If you want to purchase this same card go to newegg.com

syko

Awards
sweet thanks.
But the 9700's are so fast....oh well i geuss i will just have to run two then lol.
peace.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice price. Is it a employee discount or something? Or is it a Pine/generic card?

dez/null

Awards
iv hard the same card for this year. hasnt failed me yet...190 when i bout it. i want a TI tho. :)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
hehe.. if you had caught the deal that my employer bestbuy had running the day after thanksgiving, you'd be happy as hell

it was a Ti4200 128mb Geforce4, cost $89 after rebate; i ended up spending $65 with my price :)

do you hate me yet? :)

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
i have a card with tv-out (geforce2 64mb). JW how do you use the TV output and do you need a special cord?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
i have a card with tv-out (geforce2 64mb). JW how do you use the TV output and do you need a special cord?
It depends on a couple of things, but it's usually real simple. What type of output do you have? An s-video, component (one yellow plug) or maybe even coaxial? You just need to find a cable long enough to reach your TV and hook it in to an empty video-in on the back (or front) of your TV. If you are using XP, most cards should automatically enable TV-out on the card, and this is checked at boot up. The easiest way to start is get the proper cable, hook it up (along with a line out from your soundcard to your TV audio-in) and see what happens after you reboot. Make sure the appropriate video in is selected on your TV. It's usually very simple bro, have at it!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by syko
sweet thanks.
But the 9700's are so fast....oh well i geuss i will just have to run two then lol.
peace.
Yeah I know its not the newest thing running but I'm not willing to spend 300 dollars for a Vcard. This will do me fine for now....

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
the MX cards arent really great.. they got ok specs.. but not all the features as the other cards.. depends what you really want to do.. but for hardcore gamers id go for at least a geforce 4 TI4200.. ive seen that MX card for that price for awhile now..

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sanosuke
the MX cards arent really great.. they got ok specs.. but not all the features as the other cards.. depends what you really want to do.. but for hardcore gamers id go for at least a geforce 4 TI4200.. ive seen that MX card for that price for awhile now..
Boooooooooooooooo! ;) There are not tons of places with that price around.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
yeah there are; bestbuy has had the 420 for that price for at least 3 months

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Bestbuy may have had some cards at the price at some point but they dont now.....

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by windwords7

Boooooooooooooooo! ;) There are not tons of places with that price around.

LOL there are TONS of places that have it cheaper.. try www.pricewatch.com .. do a search for Geforce4 Mx440 128mb..you can get that same card for 60 bucks

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Ive been building computers for about 10 years now.. so if anyone needs advice on products or prices let me know..

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sanosuke

LOL there are TONS of places that have it cheaper.. try www.pricewatch.com .. do a search for Geforce4 Mx440 128mb..you can get that same card for 60 bucks
(Sigh) Please, go show me on pricewatch where you can get the EXACT card listed above, same COMPANY and 128 mg DDR ram.....never mind, I'll do it for you. The ONLY place that comes up on pricewatch is, low and behold, newegg.com for the exact same price that I listed above (plus the 2.99 I added to speed up the order otherwise shipping was FREE). I too build computers. Went to school and everything..........I am aware that other less reputable companies make REALLY cheap cards, but from exp. I do not buy those cards. Are we finally clear on why I made the statement "There are not tons of places with that price around." (That's because there is not)

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
http://www.target-sale.com/tusa/items/videoagp/i03301.html

http://www.arsenalpc.com/ars/items/videoagp/i03301.html

http://www.compu-terra.com/specs.cgi?VIDP4000MX440TZ+tmp/f12194223

http://www.amamax.com/innvidgefmx41.html

could list like 10 more.. now I'm aware these arent the same company.. but ive bought oem and no name company video cards for years and guess what, its really all the same.. my friend has just about the same system as me and always buys name brand.. we have compared benchmarks.. he gets maybe 3-5 fps higher than me.. nothing noticable at all.. really the company in most respects does not matter.. now with some hardware yes.. but video cards.. through my years of experience have noticed name brand products arent worth the extra cost... now i have to admit i only have a video card for maybe 2 years at the most since after 2 years your card is pretty much ancient... but anyway i figure if you are going to need to buy a new one within a year or so why pay so much.. you can get the same thing for less...

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya San, but I have had bad exp. thus I stick with certain companies. Just wanted my point to be clear.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
ww7, i hate to spoil it for you; but i WORK at bestbuy in the computer department... we have TONS of cards in the $89 to $99 range... most of them Geforce4 MX420s and 440SEs... a few Raedon cards... how big is the bestbuy that you have? that could also be the issue too... we've got the 2nd biggest store size... but there are a lot more smaller ones
the card you quoted is not available at the moment; EVGA was brought in as a replacement for one of the other brands that went bankrupt and we had to replace...
these are the current 440s and 420s that we have... no rebates atm, but they always have them

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11101103&m=488&cat=521&scat=522

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11183717&m=488&cat=521&scat=522

this is the card i have:
http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11183716&m=488&cat=521&scat=522

we appreciate the offer sanosuke; but i'm pretty sure a couple guys posting on this thread have at least that amount of experience :) i've been building them personally since i was 7... i'm 22 now

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
(sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) Listen bean, those cards are 64meg cards. I can get 64meg cards for much cheaper than bestbuy can sell them unless it is a closeout. Bestbuys prices on 128meg DDR cards were considerably more than what I paid for my EVGA card. Are we clear yet?

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
ooo you have a 128meg card; i missed that part :) sorry bout that; thought it was a 64meg...

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
yeah the ones i posted were 128mb.. so much for the 15 years of experience Bean hehe j/k

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
LOL! I think we are finally on the same sheet of music; EVGA 128meg DDR card with MX440 chipset and TV OUT. BTW I would love to see if anyone of you people who work in the industry could get the exact same card (EVGA 128meg DDR card with MX440 chipset or better for that matter) for cheaper than I found it. I'm always looking for better sources.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a good card Jake, pretty good price too :) I buy el cheapo cards personally, but I'm not into games. I still have a 32MB TNT2 :D

I love how all the tech geeks come out to play on this one (including myself, but where's Pete?) ;) With the combined years of experience, you'd think this was an IT forum, no? :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yeah, mine must have a card, cause I get pretty colors on the screen... pretty sure its a 32mb GForce 2 or something similar, nothing special... so **** all you guys with yer fancy 3D interactive whoopieshit... my Wolfenstein looks just fine thanks :D

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by windwords7
If you want to purchase this same card go to newegg.com
newegg got the evga card you got for 78 now.. price just keeps on droppin

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
should have waited and extra day! LOL! Oh well.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Occaissionally BB runs the asylum 128mb ti4200 card around $129 or $149 which is a steal...

i personally got my ti4200 for $65 after my cost and the rebates

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Well my new video card has turned into a new motherboard and hardrive as well. My motherboard is an MSI K7N2 with and Nvidea chipset. Split channels on my memory and the hardrive is a Maxtor 80gig 7200rpm. Anyways, the new speed and video clarity/speed is awesome. Take care bro's!