Car Insurance When to Report

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Had someone smack my car. Called their insurance and it's been like I week. Tried calling the adjustor he never returns my calls.

I never told my insurance because it wasn't my fault. Should I let my insurance know? It's been like a week and a half since the accident and I dont want to be stick fixing my own ride :(

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had someone smack my car. Called their insurance and it's been like I week. Tried calling the adjustor he never returns my calls.

I never told my insurance because it wasn't my fault. Should I let my insurance know? It's been like a week and a half since the accident and I dont want to be stick fixing my own ride :(
If you ever get in an accident that the parties are not handling on their own out of pocket then always inform your insurance agency. Part of their job is to handle this stuff between agencies.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you ever get in an accident that the parties are not handling on their own out of pocket then always inform your insurance agency. Part of their job is to handle this stuff between agencies.
Yeah just want my **** to climb cuz of his azz smacking my car

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah just want my **** to climb cuz of his azz smacking my car
If it was there fault, then your rates won't go up. They should only go up for at fault accidents.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
by law, at least in texas, insurance companies have 15 days to reply to claims. Don't be surprised if they first reject the claim saying it s not their client't fault. It is kind of standard reply. But yes call your insurance and let them handle it. Your policy may have car rental while waiting for repairs.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
by law, at least in texas, insurance companies have 15 days to reply to claims. Don't be surprised if they first reject the claim saying it s not their client't fault. It is kind of standard reply. But yes call your insurance and let them handle it. Your policy may have car rental while waiting for repairs.
What u do once they reject it?
Whose Azz do you kick? Everybodies?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
What u do once they reject it?
Whose Azz do you kick? Everybodies?
You let your insurance or lawyer handle it. That is what they are paid for. Your insurance can also fix your car and reimburse your deductable once they collect the money from the other party, but you may need to twist their arm to do so. Do you have good insurance and coverage?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You let your insurance or lawyer handle it. That is what they are paid for. Your insurance can also fix your car and reimburse your deductable once they collect the money from the other party, but you may need to twist their arm to do so. Do you have good insurance and coverage?
Yeah just worried a but :/

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Yeah just worried a but :/
Don't worry about it. If it is his fault, they will pay. You could contact a lawyer and get few therapy sessions and sue them for more money. The lawyer would not charge you, he collects 33% of te money he gets you. Just be careful answering their questions if they contact you.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don't worry about it. If it is his fault, they will pay. You could contact a lawyer and get few therapy sessions and sue them for more money. The lawyer would not charge you, he collects 33% of te money he gets you. Just be careful answering their questions if they contact you.
They contacted me and I answered the questions. It was a hit and run I got his liscense plate # and I had to call the police he is also getting a citation....

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
They contacted me and I answered the questions. It was a hit and run I got his liscense plate # and I had to call the police he is also getting a citation....
Then nothing to worry about. They are investigating it and should pay. By law they usually have certain time period to respond, at least in Texas. But let your insurance know.

My broter in law was rear ended by a guy with no license. Te other driver claimed someone else was driving and that the driver left after the accidnt. Their insurance company replied within 15 days claiming that the other car may not have been covered and they may not be at fault.

They did give him hell for a month, but my brother in law's insurance fixed the car minus the deductable then they collected the money from the other company and reimbursed him. He has a lawyer who is now working on collecting more money, he should get $5k-8k for personal injury.

Make sure to have a good insurance company in the future if you don't already. Farmers, All State, State Farm are solid. they take care of everything on your behalf. I had few accidents when I was in my 20s. I've sent people to the hospital more than once. All I had to do is call my insurance and forget about it. They took care of everything.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Then nothing to worry about. They are investigating it and should pay. By law they usually have certain time period to respond, at least in Texas. But let your insurance know.

My broter in law was rear ended by a guy with no license. Te other driver claimed someone else was driving and that the driver left after the accidnt. Their insurance company replied within 15 days claiming that the other car may not have been covered and they may not be at fault.

They did give him hell for a month, but my brother in law's insurance fixed the car minus the deductable then they collected the money from the other company and reimbursed him. He has a lawyer who is now working on collecting more money, he should get $5k-8k for personal injury.

Make sure to have a good insurance company in the future if you don't already. Farmers, All State, State Farm are solid. they take care of everything on your behalf. I had few accidents when I was in my 20s. I've sent people to the hospital more than once. All I had to do is call my insurance and forget about it. They took care of everything.
I have progressive.
Think it took late to tell them? It's been a week and a half?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I have progressive.
Think it took late to tell them? It's been a week and a half?
Progressive is good at handlnig claims. I don't think it is too late. Just explain to them what happen and they will take care of it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Progressive is good at handlnig claims. I don't think it is too late. Just explain to them what happen and they will take care of it.
Alright :)

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
If they were at fault, you could get a mini-tort. That's where the other parties insurance sends you a check to pay your deductable. So in other words your car gets fixed for free. atleast that's how it goes in the Michigan. Just had this problem a couple weeks ago after I got rearended at a stop light. Hope all works out in your favor!