Moving Up in the World

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
As of this month, SS has been authorized to move out of the barracks and collect BAH/BAS. :D This means I'll be banking a whole lot of extra money, tax free, and have my own apartment. No more room inspections (can you say fina/syno conversion? :trout: ) The right to bring how ever many girls back to my place, whenever I want :whip: . More space, more cash, more FREEDOM.

A couple days ago I signed my first ever lease for an apartment... I feel like I signed a new lease on LIFE. :run: :drunk: :D :cheers:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Good for you, bro. Now you done with bbing, right? Will be drinking

and f..n' some silly brains out every night. :drunk: :hammer::whip:

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Congrats SS. Best of luck to you. Just Be careful what you do with all that newfound money. Your money should be your servant. Not the other way around.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Congrats SS. Best of luck to you. Just Be careful what you do with all that newfound money. Your money should be your servant. Not the other way around.
In other words don't go and spend all your money on that ho's just yet.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
The money goes towards the apartment and the utilities and food, you do realize this, right?

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
The money goes towards the apartment and the utilities and food, you do realize this, right?
I bank an extra $770/month, tax free. Rent is $450, cable and gas are free. So I pay electric and water. And working weird shifts, I never really saved any money by eating at the DFAC because I'm usually sleeping when it's open. Plus I'm really anal about my diet, so a large part of my diet is protein powder, oatmeal, Flax oil, raw shelled sunflower seeds, ect.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Glad it worked out in your favor. We get the same BAH as you and then a few hundred extra in sep rats and have nothing extra left after rent and utilities. On most posts, the apt. complexes know the bah system and charge accordingly and they'll screw you by making your rent equal to your housing, no matter how high it is. We got here last August while everyone was in Iraq and rent was going cheap, but a lot of places were only doing 6 and 9 month leases. Once March hit they raised rent in preperation to screw all the returning soldiers. I'd still rather live off post than in housing. Much better deal than staying in crappy army housing for virtually the same amount with all the restrictions and no ac. Plus, word is they're making arrangements to start charging for utilities on post.

Our cable was free too, for about 3 months. The cable company decided not to renew their contracts with the complexes and the tenants got shafted. Hope you have better luck.