What body type are YOU

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.63%

What body type are YOU

Mesomorphy, Ectomorphy and Endomorphy. I was watching a TV Program on HBO " Penn & Teller-Bull****" in which I'm not sure if you guys have watched them before?

In any event, they had a program regarding "genetics vs. execrise." What Penn & Teller discussed is the false advertisment some gyms, supplement companies and workout-equipment display.

Per Penn & Teller it "really" boils down to your genetics. In other words, a supplement company will sell that their product can make you have more developed rouned muscles.

Then they'll use a picture of a pro bodybuilder like Flex Wheeler making the customer believe they TOO can get round muscle bellies like Flex.

Penn & Teller said your shape and structure can go "only" as far as your genetics allow. Funny cuz I've had co workers approach me and ask what can they do to get bigger arms.

Then they'll look at me ( flexing their 8" arms and say) I don't want my arms big like yours, LOL. I'm like "okay." In any event, it was a good program and if you guys ever get a chance to see it ENJOY. Those guys are too funny.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.93%

meso/endo split, with a lil more meso in me. Im a mut
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.63%

I think I'm Ecto and Meso. I say Ecto cuz of my long arms and legs. I say Meso cuz I am muscular.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.25%

im pretty much ecto...at 190 from 130 at 6 feet tall. I think thats pretty ecto.
    dick
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Endo/Meso (shutup, Scotty!)

Meso because I tend to gain pretty well, and I can take extended time off and not lose much density.. Endo because I tend to smooth out easily, and I hold fat in some areas moreso than others... Doesn't help that type 2 diabetes runs in my family..
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.59%

Without a doubt endomorph.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Endo with a few meso traits here and there... I don't care what anybody says, I'm not an ecto!

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%

Endo/Meso

I gain muscle very easily. I can also take months and months off without losing anything. However do gain fat when I don't eat right. I can lose fat without too much difficulty, but I've never gotten super low on bodyfat (lowest ever was 8%) so I'd have to say I've probably got some endo in me. That and the fact that I have short limbs. Short arms and short legs. Well, 1 limb is long though
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.06%

Every time I hear these terms used I think its rediculous to try and put everybody in one of the three catagories. But If I have to pic I guess I'd say meso since even at 150lbs in highschool people thought I appeard athletic due to large chest and tinly waist. Not to mention I shot up to 180lbs in less than 6 months when i started lifting seriously.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    I think I'm Meso, but I don't really know how to define one's type. I'm lean and musculed, high percentage of fast twitch, I think, short legs, long torso,endoplasmic brain, hormonally deranged.

Dr.D says he's a endo/ecto - morbidly obese with a freakishly thin schlong.
    I think it just looks thin cause it's so damn long! And I did hear that you had a lot of 'fast twitch fibers', a little too fast your girlfriend told me last night, I went nice and slow for her
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.23%

Endo/Meso. I have large bones and gain muscle pretty easily, but have a devil of a time stripping of the fat.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.48%

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    I
    Dr.D says he's a endo/ecto - morbidly obese with a freakishly thin schlong.
    lol
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    Endo/Meso. I have large bones and gain muscle pretty easily, but have a devil of a time stripping of the fat.
    you need a sled...

I am 5'11 208 as of right now, off pct

i would be on the kindachubby side if i didnt work out,
    i would be kinda strong but not look it if i didnt work out type.
    like i would never not be able to bench 275 type thing.

i have a hard time cutting , it takes hella discipline for me.

it is easy for me to gain muscle, everywhere.

i dont know what category i would be
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.21%

Endo......thick/muscular build all around (more smooth rather than cut look), except these damn legs, which I'm working on, lol! Hold/gain body fat easily.....hard to cut bf...gain easy. although m4ohn has really helped out in the leaning out process.
  15. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.23%

ecto to a fault
    even the mental state originally written for ecto describes me to a tee

130lbs at 6'1 3 years ago... doesnt get more ecto than that easily...
  16. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.48%

Bean did you get your name from the Ender's Game book series by any chance? Or is it from being "this as a string bean"?
  17. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.23%

Your first guess was right on His name in the book picked up from the phrase "string bean" too

Ender used to be my favorite character until the Shadow series came out showing that Bean in sheer intellect and thinking-power was far superior
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Another Endo/Meso

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Endo/Meso (shutup, Scotty!)

Meso because I tend to gain pretty well, and I can take extended time off and not lose much density.. Endo because I tend to smooth out easily, and I hold fat in some areas moreso than others... Doesn't help that type 2 diabetes runs in my family..
    I'm in the same boat as you...sort of. I'm between an endo and a meso (moreso on the endo side ). It sucks because I have a hard time leaning out (I'm at 236 with a b/f% of ~20%) but I gain strength easily, plus I'm built for powerlifting (5'6" with short arms and legs ). But I have a tendency for diabetes on both sides of the family, which is another reason for getting my big ass in shape. So, all in all, I consider myself smooth but strong.

Chris
  19. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.48%

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    Your first guess was right on His name in the book picked up from the phrase "string bean" too

Ender used to be my favorite character until the Shadow series came out showing that Bean in sheer intellect and thinking-power was far superior
    Yeah, I'm totally going off topic of the thread here, but I just got done reading the first shadow book and it is really impressive. Very cool... working on the next one now.

I am exceedingly happy that he decided to go back to the roots of the first Ender book with this series. I personally didn't like the style he used to write xenocide and the other follow ups to ender's game.
  20. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.23%

OT again:

I can say without a doubt if you liked the first you will love the 2nd and 3rd... They dont play big into higher-plane philosophy and psychological differences between species or anything...
    pay attention though; the stories ARE in sequence and they do make up a larger story; but there's a lot of things you have to pay attention to so you catch them later... and if you're working on the 2nd one you'll also notice that Achilles is still in the game... sit back and enjoy

Oh and if you like good stories that span time like that... I suggest you play the game Xenogears on the original PS... game is around 70-80 hours long but the story is absolutely incredible... notice my avatar... thats part of it; wont let you know who that is tho hehe
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.96%

I'd say an ecto/meso mix. not easy but not real hard to gain muscle, gaining fat is easier but even more easy to loose. long features with generally full muscle bellies
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%

Nuteboy, Penn and Teller: Bull**** is a fantastic show, eh! The show is incredible, and very funny/true!

As far as your guys tendency to lose and drop weight what are your other features, such as your wrist size. One not so formal way to determine your bone structure based on your -morph type is to wrap your thumb and index finger around your wrist, if it your two fingers do not touch you have a large (Endo) bone structure, if your fingers just touch you have a Medium (Meso) bone structure and if your fingers overlap you have a small (Ecto) bone structure. You can usually even see some of the characteristics in a persons face shape and such.

I myself can gain fat easily if I am not watching what I eat (but can easily drop it), that is a my one and only big time Endomorph trait. Most of my traits are very Mesomorph. My arms and calves were about 16" and calves just under 17" before I started lifting any weights at all (BF% could effect that aged 17). Just naturally strong but far from perfect of course as weight can easily be gained, but it can also easily be dropped.

We all are a blend of the types, but usually there is one that is the strongest in us. No one is just pure mesomorph or just pure Endomorph there is a degree of mixture, though yes some can show the signs of just purely Endomorph and so forth.

Endo Meso Ecto
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

more ecto than meso but with some meso

notice how the ectos hips come out and also the endos.

theres nothing we can do to reduce hip size is there?

people advice for people with big hips to focus on widering your back and shoulders

i read arnolds book(modern ency) arnold said he had ecto tendencies..so did frank zane....and flex wheeler did also..although flex looks nothing ecto and arnold neither

i have a young picture of arnold where his body looks ecto....when he just started bodybulding(in his modern enc of bb) his hips are out more .
    Last edited by John Smeton; 09-04-2004 at 12:24 AM.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    more ecto than meso but with some meso

notice how the ectos hips come out and also the endos.

theres nothing we can do to reduce hip size is there?

people advice for people with big hips to focus on widering your back and shoulders

i arnolds boon arnold said he had ecto tendencies..so did frank zane....and flex wheeler did also..although they flex looks nothing ecto

i have a young picture of arnold where his body looks ecto....when he just started bodybulding(in his modern enc of bb)
    Flex was a pretty skinny kid during childhood, still though they obviously had some potential in their genetics. Flex Wheeler is a personal favorite of mine, aesthetically unbeatable! Of course that can be debated amongst many things.

You are right on that, one of the strongest characteristics of a Mesomorph are the broad shoulders which add quite a bit to the look of the man, along with slightly narrower hips. I have noticed that both the Endo and Ecto have wider hips. As far as altering your hip size, nothing you can do there.

If anyone can elaborate on this that would be nice, I am not 100% sure about the hips of both Ectos and Endos
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.64%

Ecto/Meso. I was very skinny before I started training/eating right,but once I did the lbs packed on easily. I look pretty mesomorphic right now, I think. Can also take time off and slack on diet and not lose much at all. Of course, now that Im in my late 20's I can. When I was younger if I took a week off Id shrink like a prune

After october and my next 1-test cycle, Ill be a mesomorphic super-freak

BV

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 07:56 PM
  2. What body type am I based on these measurements?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 08:44 PM
  3. What all supplements are you on currently...
    By elgenyo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 11:42 AM
  4. What blood type are you?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 12:51 PM
  5. What other boards are you a member of?
    By Chemo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 02:00 PM