Cancer !!!!!!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey guy's just wanted to let you know I had surgery last Tuesday to remove a lesion on my vocal cord and the results came back early cancer..The Doctor feels he got it all and his suggestion is to come back once a month just to make sure it does not return..Worst case the would do radiation therapy on the vocal cord with minimal side effects...So if any of you smoke (I quit a year ago) and still got cancer,Give that **** up now and stay away from second hand smoke....Smoking and drinking makes you 10 times more likley to get it..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats awful Madman. Hopefully everything went well and he got it all. Keep us updated bro and we're all pulling for you....

:thumbsup:

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Bobo,I will be vigalent about smoking, if I see any of my friends,family ect.they are gonna get a lecture from me...I feel great, training has never been better, im in the best shape of my life..It was in the early stages when they removed the lesion they tested the area around it and it came back negative..My Doctor is great he is so into the bodybuilding thing, he ask's my advice all the time and I will surley be taking his...Thank's again

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Damn man... At least you are being smart about all of this. Best of luck with everything... Hmm a bodybuilding doctor could come in handy with HRT, LoL :D

ManBeast

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn man... At least you are being smart about all of this. Best of luck with everything... Hmm a bodybuilding doctor could come in handy with HRT, LoL :D

ManBeast

Just think of the possibilities..HRT and the good stuff at that.

Thank's Beast !!!! :)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear they caught it early bro. That's some scary **** right there.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear they caught it early bro. That's some scary **** right there.

Sure is Npursuit..We all bitch about day to day bullshit,this has changed my perspective about life and pursuit (no pun intended) of the almighty dollar..Some things are just more important..Thank's Npursuit, all the mods here rock!!!

PS: I should add I had a catscan done prior to surgery and my doctor before, he knocked me out asked me if I was taking steroids...I replied no, but did a 2 week cycle of M-1-T and gained 12 lbs of lean mass knowing I was going to have surgery and I was worried about loosing too much weight

Well he said ya, your liver enzimes are all fugged up..Ill get the actual results on Friday but watch out for that stuff..

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that's some scary stuff. I hope your doc cleaned you out good. Any word on chemo or radiation treatments to kill what may/may not be there? Hope it all goes well for you. Keep us updated.

I don't know if being in my prayers is a good thing, but you'll be in them.:blink: Take care bro.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks to all of you...and the prayers are appreciated...Radiation is an option but my doctor believes he got it all,so basically I go back once a month and they will check me just to make sure the cancer has not returned....Then if needed they would do limited radiation with minimal side effects...Thank god I caught it early..

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya it really sux that you got it, but it's a good thing they caught it in time. They have come a long way in treating, and curing cancer, and I'm sure you will be fine. Glad to hear you are doing fine.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Damn sorry to hear about that MM.. you are in the prayers

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Stay well, bro. Cancer is some scary ****...

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You'll pull through, big guy! :thumbsup:

In my prayers for certain..

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Glad you caught i early. Lets hope your future check ups remain free of bad news. Good luck
Sage

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Thank goodness you caught it early MM! The news from your doc sounds reassuring though and we will all be pulling for you.

From now on it's all about clean living my friend!

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cancer picked the wrong guy! Our thoughts are with you...

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Once again Thanks to you all,but after talking to my Doctor I can't be angry or upset.
I have no one to blame but myself.I smoked,drank,partied for the better part of 20 years.Last November I decided to give up the butts cold turkey,then in January I quit drinking.Thank god I decided to get in shape, I cant imagine going through this at 303lbs with a waist of 44.Someone upstairs was looking down on me because today im 232 with a 32 inch waist..Picture will be up Labor Day I cant wait..

I just want to express my feelings to all of you just how much your thoughts and prayers means to me my wife and my daughter..This is a wonderful forum,I look forward too reading it everyday.This place has truly been a source of strength for me and I am grateful..My feeling is after loosing 70lbs of fat and gaining 30lbs of muscle and going from a 44 to 32" waist in 11 months im not gonna let a little cancer kick my ass no way.... :thumbsup:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Hang in there big guy. Just a note...I've read that heavy dosing of ALA and ALCAR combat cancer. It is being researched by the leading researcher of HIV therapy. Might want to read up on it.

If they've caught it early enough, you will be just fine (I've had some friends/acquaintances who have had cancerous tumors removed at young ages). But with a history of smoking, I would recommend that you research anti-cancer supplementation as a safety precaution. One friend who smoked for 30 years seemed to keep having more things removed (he kept smoking and drinking and was in poor health) as time went on. Not very pretty. Since you are still fairly young and in great shape, you have a strong chance of never having another problem. But prevention research is a good idea.

My thoughts are with you.

Steve

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is great info SJA and thanks for the well wishes, I am a true believer in holistic medicine and I am big into herbs..I have read the research on R-ALA and ALA and I do take them, this is another product I have heard good things Fucoiden...

Cancer Supplements

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
That is great info SJA and thanks for the well wishes, I am a true believer in holistic medicine and I am big into herbs..I have read the research on R-ALA and ALA and I do take them, this is another product I have heard good things Fucoiden...

Cancer Supplements
I'm sure you've come across blue green algea and green tea in your research as well then?

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Npursuit..Hell ya I just got this stuff from B.A.C..

GREEN TEA EXTRACT. For those wanting to take large doses, we have a premium extract standardized to 95-98% polyphenols, about 80% catechins & >45% EGCG, with less than 1% caffeine. A group using 90mg EGCG 3x/day before meals averaged an 8.8 pound fat loss in 12 weeks. Too bitter for beverage use. 50 grams, $7.75

Stuff is awsome and what a thermogenic when combined with Guggul and Yohimbine.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established

GREEN TEA EXTRACT. For those wanting to take large doses, we have a premium extract standardized to 95-98% polyphenols, about 80% catechins & >45% EGCG, with less than 1% caffeine. A group using 90mg EGCG 3x/day before meals averaged an 8.8 pound fat loss in 12 weeks. Too bitter for beverage use. 50 grams, $7.75

Nice! I'm going to go check that out.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established

****...I just orderd from them 5 minutes ago!!! :frustrate

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man!!! You can beat it! :hammer:

I just quit smoking Memorial Day and picked up the iron for the first time since Haney was Mr. O.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Hey madman, my thoughts are with you!!!! It's a crap ass thing to have happened ( having been there myself)............your in my thoughts.......

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Youll kick that cancer sh*t's ass bro!!! My girlfriend smokes and Ive been trying to get her to quit for a while now...Ill have to have her read this thread.

Good luck!

BV

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thank you guy's and girls and BigVrungra please have her read it,this is so important for her to quit.I don't want to preach (people did it to me and I hated it) but the cancer thing adds a whole new dimension.Maybe she can cut back.You know what my daughter did she put a picture of her in my pack and when i saw it for the first time I cried, then it hit me,this is not only about myself, but other people who love me, and it's not fair to them..Take care

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I fuckin hate cigs... I'll hookup with a girl that smokes `em, but if she wants something solid... I'm definitely ganna give her **** about those damn cancer sticks.

ManBeast

PC1

Geez, I don't tune in here for a week and look what I miss!

God bless you Madman, best of luck, Thank God you caught it early. Best of luck to you bro! You're in my prayers as well.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Geez, I don't tune in here for a week and look what I miss!

God bless you Madman, best of luck, Thank God you caught it early. Best of luck to you bro! You're in my prayers as well.

Thanks Pc-1 good to see you back...:)