Frank Zane and Cytomel?

  1. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    Frank Zane and Cytomel?


    I was reading one of Big Cats articles about Cytomel and he made a reference to be cautious with its use....as he should. But the thing I find weird is he wrote "remember what happend to Frank Zane". I wanna know what happend. Did he blowout his natural production of T3 from abusing thyroid hormones?

  2. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    PS
    Why is it that for a lot of my last posts it says that i have only 136 and it never moves up. By now i should have about 150.

  3. Certain sections of the board do not contribute to your post count... Since so many people (falsely) base knowledge on post count... We decided to make the "off topic" areas not count towards your total.

    ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
    •   
       


  4. He took extreme amounts for extended periods and now he has to take thyroid hormones for life because his is shot.

  5. I thought Zane messed himself up with Insulin?

  6. Nobody has ever produced any evidence that the Frank Zane myth is true. What article or whatever have you ever seen that conclusively proved that Frank Zane has to take thyroid hormones for the rest of his life?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    PS
    Why is it that for a lot of my last posts it says that i have only 136 and it never moves up. By now i should have about 150.
    FYI - See your post count as 788

    BP

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    He took extreme amounts for extended periods and now he has to take thyroid hormones for life because his is shot.
    i would highly doubt that. i can dig up medical evidence if you insist that shows people have been on T3 for decades after being falsely diagnosed with hypothyroidism. after the doc discovered the error, he took them off and they resumed natural t3 production/secretion in weeks.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    He took extreme amounts for extended periods and now he has to take thyroid hormones for life because his is shot.
    who cares? look at chasec's avatar. i say it was worth it, permanent thyriod shutdown or not. ZANE WUZ F'IN PEEEEEELED!!!!!!!1one


    just kidding, be careful with that stuff.

  10. Have you seen him recently? He looks like he never picked up a weight...

  11. This pic is about 3 years old or so, but as far as looking like he's never picked up a weight, I'd have to say I disagree, as he looks pretty damn good for somebody his age.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. BigV's probably talking about the shot of him in the January 2005 issue of Muscle and Fitness page 107. He's definitely let his training lag a bit.

  13. Yeah that's the pic - its funny because Ive seen pics of him from the time period MaxSilver is talking about and he does look great. You really have to see that pic in M&F though, he looks awful. I mean, he looks healthy and everything but just not defined or muscular at all. It sucks because Im definitely a fan of his.

    BV

  14. Gotcha, I don't think I'd seen pics from that recently. I suppose that's kind of to be expected though, as a guy ages it's gotta be damn hard to keep going in the gym, avoiding injuries, getting slowed down by aches and pains of various sorts, etc. Hell, I'm not even 30 yet and starting to see some signs of aging such as sore joints, etc., let alone when I reach past 60. At the rate I'm going I'll likely be lucky to be walking upright by the time I'm that age, let alone training with any kind of intensity.

  15. probably stopped running the GH at that point.

    ON a side note, there is some older guy (would have to say at least 60) at my gym who i saw in the locker room yesterday...the dude is pretty huge and ripped for someone his age.... was about to ask what he was taking.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by max silver
    At the rate I'm going I'll likely be lucky to be walking upright by the time I'm that age, let alone training with any kind of intensity.
    just make sure you stretch your ham strings..lol

  17. Hell there's plenty of guys walking around in their 60's who look awesome for any age, let alone their age group. I just think its takes a lot more effort, the older you get. Diet becomes even more crucial, you need to work out hard but its easier to overtrain...maybe Zane was using some anabolics at the time those pics were taken?

    It wouldnt surprise me - look how good Lou Ferrigno still looks!

    BV

  18. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Hell there's plenty of guys walking around in their 60's who look awesome for any age, let alone their age group. I just think its takes a lot more effort, the older you get. Diet becomes even more crucial, you need to work out hard but its easier to overtrain...maybe Zane was using some anabolics at the time those pics were taken?

    It wouldnt surprise me - look how good Lou Ferrigno still looks!

    BV
    I think we can add Dutchman to the list of ripped 60 year olds. The man looks pretty damn good for his age.

  19. I would be pretty damn surprised if Zane wasn't on something when those pics were taken. There was one shot in particular where his shoulder development was just insane, to the point where it makes me wonder if the picture was touched up or somehow modified.

  20. Bro if you've seen those pics in M&F you'd be speechless. When I say he looks like he never picked up a weight I wasnt exaggerating. I think I have it at home somewhere, Ill try to scan it and post it up.

    BV

  21. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Bro if you've seen those pics in M&F you'd be speechless. When I say he looks like he never picked up a weight I wasnt exaggerating. I think I have it at home somewhere, Ill try to scan it and post it up.

    BV

    what was the article that the pic was in? I am wondering why the pic was in it if he looked so bad...try and get it posted, i would like to see it.

  22. Same here, you definitely got my interest up on that account.

  23. The article was something about Zane's new mental focus and Zen-type stuff, if I remember correctly. I couldnt find any of the pics online - I think I know where the magazine is Ill try to get it up after work. It's got Arnold on the cover, I think.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    Nobody has ever produced any evidence that the Frank Zane myth is true. What article or whatever have you ever seen that conclusively proved that Frank Zane has to take thyroid hormones for the rest of his life?
    I mean anything could be the cause for what ever ailment he may or may not be suffering. I mean bodybuilders past and present have to deal with unsubstantiate rumors all the time.

  25. See what I mean...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  26. ok..not as bad as i thought, but i can see where the comments came from if comparing that pic to him in the past.

    I mean most older guys don't even look like that!

  27. True, he's in good shape for 60 year old guy. But this is Frank Zane who until a couple years ago was obviously in much better shape. Id like to know what caused the difference. Comapring this pic to the ones from a couple years ago, its like just stopped working out completely.

    BV

  28. I am thinking if he is all into some kind of zen buddhist purity thing, then he might have stopped taking anything..and is relying on buddah to help him increase his natural production...

    I can see his new book "Muscles Through Meditation" by Master Frank Zane..

  29. Bringing this back from the dead, but I don't think Zane looks bad at all in that picture for someone his age. Lighting, body position, etc. all majorly changes your look. I can look like crap in one area of the gym, and I stroll to another, and look like an IFBB pro. lol
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Did Serge Nubret and Frank Zane have 18'' arms?
    By WesleyAlpha in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:17 PM
  2. Clen and Cytomel
    By RattRatner in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:14 AM
  3. Frank Zane
    By 10000eyes in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 01:32 PM
  4. What the hell happened to Frank Zane??
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 09:24 PM
  5. frank zane
    By corteztk1982 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 03:00 AM
Log in
Log in