DVD burning and movies...

• Thread starter ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
  • Start date

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I just wanted to know if anyone can send me in the direction of a website or be kind enough to send me a dvd burning program....I wanna be able to burn regular movies and more importantly bodybuilding tapes. I also want to know if anyone can send me to a website for dl bodybuilding workout tapes. I am using BEAR SHARE but I am not sure if it is actually dl the ronnie coleman workout that i want it too. Thanks.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
www.emule.com if you are on windows, I have gotten several BB videos off of it.

BTW your quote is Ronnie Coleman.

craytonic.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
http://www.slysoft.com/en/

These programs (AnyDVD and CloneDVD2) are the best I have found for making exact replicas of DVDs. I've made many, many copies for "backing up my purchased movies" and have used several programs out there, many with little success.

You really need two things:
1. A program to break through any copyright protection and encryption
2. A program to read and recompress the video to fit onto a standard 4.7GB DVD, unless you feel like paying for dual layer media right now (don't yet).

This can be done with a variety of programs, but what I like about CloneDVD is that you can copy the entire disc including all special features, subtitles, and menus with a few easy clicks. DVDXCopy Xpress was also OK but it did not usually do menus and features and also put a frame at the begininning stating it was a backup copy. Enjoy! :)

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
http://www.slysoft.com/en/

These programs (AnyDVD and CloneDVD2) are the best I have found for making exact replicas of DVDs. I've made many, many copies for "backing up my purchased movies" and have used several programs out there, many with little success.

You really need two things:
1. A program to break through any copyright protection and encryption
2. A program to read and recompress the video to fit onto a standard 4.7GB DVD, unless you feel like paying for dual layer media right now (don't yet).

This can be done with a variety of programs, but what I like about CloneDVD is that you can copy the entire disc including all special features, subtitles, and menus with a few easy clicks. DVDXCopy Xpress was also OK but it did not usually do menus and features and also put a frame at the begininning stating it was a backup copy. Enjoy! :)
Those are good, but I found that DVD Decypter and DVD Shrink will do the same thing for free.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Those are good, but I found that DVD Decypter and DVD Shrink will do the same thing for free.
yeah I have those and used them before, but I find it's a much bigger pain to keep all the menus and special features, which I like :)

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
jweave, my computer can't play DVD's so i can't use the above progrmas to burn DVD's. Do you know any way around this or a place i could download this software.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
umm....yeah....you need a DVD burner my friend :think: :blink:

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I can burn CD's, and thought that this would let me burn DVD's as well...Guess i'm wrong.

Dan

Awards
Naw, you need a DVD burner to burn DVDs, I think they sre somewhat expensive as well since they are relatively new on the market.

I actually saw Ronnie Coleman the Unbelievable on a CD-R and I was wondering if there were anyway for me to do that on my computer that only has a cd burner and a dvd PLAYER...not a dvd writer. Thanks for all the help so far guys.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I have that movie on a cdr, what you want to do is burn it as a VCD so you can watch it on your dvd player. I use nero, you can steal it anywhere. I dl'ed the movie from edonkey as an mpeg so it was easy to burn as a vcd, but if you download it as divx avi you can re-encode it, it just takes a while.

I'm sorry for being a pain in the ass but how do i burn something on VCD? I am a bit ignorant when it comes to stuff about computers....i pretty much know basic stuff.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
just get nero, it will walk you through it. You literally drag and drop.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
DVD43, DVDShrink, and the Patin-Couffin Layer installer are all free programs and will burn all the DVD's you can think of. DVD43 also works with the Nero burning rom and lets you use Nero's software to copy protected DVD's.