Man dies in NY gym fight

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
OMG WTF.... this guy was in BEAST MODE- i bet the media blames steroids....... he was probably stimmed up and high on something/drunk...

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
And now, just another cause for the media to demonize steroids. I agree with swollen87 (a rare occurrence in and of itself) insomuch as he was probably on some other drugs. Obviously Marijuana was not the cause either (when was the last time you met a violent pothead?). The possibility isn't even given that maybe he was simply mentally unstable. Tasers shouldn't kill. I know there have been past studies of the possibility that they might induce cardiac arrest, but iirc it was shown that it was not likely. The fact remains that if the officers had deliberately used lethal force (which in another area likely would have happened), this would not be the story that it is.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What a a complete retard. Wow, lol

Houndoom57

Houndoom57

Awards
I would hate to have a plate thrown at my head.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude needed a car battery for a heart, not some measly muscle.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
Totally fukcin crazy but doesn't golds have an AED?? Mine does.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
And now, just another cause for the media to demonize steroids. I agree with swollen87 (a rare occurrence in and of itself) insomuch as he was probably on some other drugs. Obviously Marijuana was not the cause either (when was the last time you met a violent pothead?). The possibility isn't even given that maybe he was simply mentally unstable. Tasers shouldn't kill. I know there have been past studies of the possibility that they might induce cardiac arrest, but iirc it was shown that it was not likely. The fact remains that if the officers had deliberately used lethal force (which in another area likely would have happened), this would not be the story that it is.
While I dont disagree with most of what you wrote, police tasers have killed 500+ people since 2001, that Im aware of.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much you wanna bet he probably was diabetic and his sugar was low and he went into a "diabetic rage" of sorts.
My dad's a diabetic and this happens to him sometimes.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
While I dont disagree with most of what you wrote, police tasers have killed 500+ people since 2001, that Im aware of.
I was not aware of this. I was thinking of a lawsuit in which a man had died, and his family had claimed that the tasers had been the cause of death, which was later proved untrue.

samuels

Awards
This is Bad

This is bad news. It would only add to the negative publicity of steroids

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is bad news. It would only add to the negative publicity of steroids
Agreed. We don't need to give society any more ammo

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe they should have had the EMTs there at the same time as the police so they might have been able to asses what was wrong with the guy.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly.
But why would the EMT's show up when the man was probably already profiled as a juicer with a case of roid rage solely based on his stature, know what I mean? The bodybuilding community gets treated pretty unfairly. The cops probably said he was being a bully and that was the end of it.