When will the dollars show?

Nuteboy

Awards
Who all believe that it's a shame that bodybuilders don't make more money then they do or who blieve the financial structure in bodybuilding today is FINE?

If you had to place a price tag, how much should a average pro makes? One that does not crack the top 15. Thereafter, how much should the top guy get ( winner of the pro show) and how much should the other guys who come 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and etc. ?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't know much about the industry, but I do know that the general public has no clue what it takes to be a pro. Sadly, most people think it just takes steroids and some weights.

I guess it all comes down to the demand/income of the events and shows. Most people wouldn't pay $50 to see Coleman and Cutler, yet they'll pay $165 for a World Series ticket (thats how much Marlins WS tix were going for down here last October)...I think the best bodybuilder in the world should make at the very least $100,000 a year. Alex Rodriguez makes that much for sneezing..

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Coleman is loaded, he has several expensive cars (dodge viper @ one point, benz, humvee, etc). Also bought his mom a lexus and a 150,000 house. All this is from his video.

Nuteboy

Awards
Yeah you're right. It's all about supply and demand, basic ecomonics.

Funny, how Alex Rodriguez makes that much for sneezing, lol.

If only more people actually wanted to see more bodybuilders it could be a sport that produce more money to the competitors.

Sometimes when I see some of these sports in the Olympics i'm like "come on." But bodybuilders have come a long way and you can actually make a living off it.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
dont most of the pro's get a good deal of money for sponsoring supplements? I assume companies like muscle-tech shell out a good amount of change.

Not to mention the money they get for guest appearences.