Is Nolvadex illegal for Natural Show

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%

Is Nolvadex illegal for Natural Show

Wassup guys,

I will be competing in a Natural show soon and I was just reading the rules and they said they are giving a lie detector test to determine if you have used illegal drugs. I know that the use of Nolvadex is illegal if you don't have a prescription. I've used it for one of my PH cycles a few months back and I just realized that this may cause me to be disqualified. I emaiiled the promoter and asked him straight up if using prescription drugs such as Nolvadex will cause you to fail the test. His response was, "That would be a good question to ask since steroid users usually use Nolvadex". My thought on this is that even if it's a prescription drug and not scheduled you shouldn't have a problem. If they asked if I used prescription drugs without a prescription I would fail by the fact that I've used family members doctor prescribed cough syrup. I emailed the promoter again for him to give me a straight up answer. Has anyone else competed in a show where they gave a lie detector test? If so did the questions just involve illegal steroids.

Thanks

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.38%

Check the rules of that federation,it will list the ban substances..But think of why one would use Nova for PCT after a cycle which is not natural...
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Check the rules of that federation,it will list the ban substances..But think of why one would use Nova for PCT after a cycle which is not natural...
    It is a NPC event. I just checked the NPC website and it had nothing in regards to the banned substances for the natural events.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.36%

your using nolva to suppress estrogen?, and not for PCT right?But aren't the legal prohormones still a disqualifying substance?Not sure myself, just asking, and do they also have a time period for using any anabolic substance?

thanks
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%

Quote Originally Posted by willieman
    your using nolva to suppress estrogen?, and not for PCT right?But aren't the legal prohormones still a disqualifying substance?Not sure myself, just asking, and do they also have a time period for using any anabolic substance?

thanks
    Here's the rules regarding the testing
    POLYGRAPH TESTING: A certified polygraph professional will conduct the drug testing using the polygraph system. Competitors to be tested will be notified at morning athletes meeting after check-in. Failure to take test at scheduled time will result in disqualification from evening show. Testing will be based on steroids, HGH, or any illegal drugs to enhance body building and/or physical performance for 36 months prior to competition. Over the counter supplements Will Not be tested for. Also, consumption of alcohol or drugs taken the day of the competition will result in failure to pass test and disqualification. Failure to pass polygraph test would eliminate competitor from the competition. No refunds on entry fees and/or any tickets purchased for any competitor eliminated.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%

I used the Nolva for post cycle.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Nolva is not illegal for research purposes. Repeat 50x. Now as long as you believe that, you'll pass.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    Nolva is not illegal for research purposes. Repeat 50x. Now as long as you believe that, you'll pass.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Ok, why do a cycle if you know you're entering a "natural" event? 2 things may have just happened:

1. The promoter might go ahead telling the polygraph bitch to ask about things like clomid/nolva/letro.. You may have screwed things up, now everyone can be tested for something they really shouldn't care about..

2. You hopefully didn't give your name, and mention you've entered.. They'll be waiting to flunk you, and you can be singled out by the judges..
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Ok, why do a cycle if you know you're entering a "natural" event? 2 things may have just happened:

1. The promoter might go ahead telling the polygraph bitch to ask about things like clomid/nolva/letro.. You may have screwed things up, now everyone can be tested for something they really shouldn't care about..

2. You hopefully didn't give your name, and mention you've entered.. They'll be waiting to flunk you, and you can be singled out by the judges..
    Thanks for the reply,

The rules state that you can use anything over the counter since it's a polygraph. I never told him in the email that I was indeed using nolvadex. My first question was, "What placings quailify you for nationals". The second question was, "Would prescription drugs such as say Nolvadex cause one to be disqualified even if they aren't federally scheduled". I now know I shouldn't have said Nolvadex but just "prescription drugs. My thought on this is that he could not disqualify me for using just using Nolvadex without a prescription. I could use a cough syrup with some sort of stimulant to increase my endurance if that's the case. I sent him another email asking him to clarify. I'm not sure if they were already testing for Nolvadex or not but I feel that it's best to be safe than sorry you know. I'll wait to see what his response is but if I feel i'm going to be singled out I will entire another show that happens to be the same day. The sad thing is I only can compete in the novice division because it's not in my state. But being my first show it may be a better choice for me.

I didn't give my name and I havne't entered. I just said I may enter in the future. I'm too broke now after paying for this PH cycle to enter now. Luckily I have almost 11 weeks left to get some more cash
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.35%

So you can use ph's in natural shows?
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    So you can use ph's in natural shows?
    Depends on the rules of the organization that you compete in.
  13. dead sexy wino
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.2%

The testing varies show to show. Most questions I've been asked and heard from others who have been selected to take a polygraph may include but are not limited to:

Have you ever used GH?
    Have you ever used Haotestin?
    Have you ever used steroids? (this one is ridiculous since OTC drugs may bring to mind some doubt).

Have you ever used drugs to enhance your physique? (another bad one).
    Have you ever used prescription drugs which were not prescribed to you? (we all have and they will ask you which ones).
    Have you ever used diuretics? (again, if you have you'll be asked which ones and if they were prescribed).

All of the questions will be asked prior to being hooked to the wire and you can explain yourself at that time. Then they may add some Q's to verify.

The bad thing with poly's is
    1. You may miss pumping up at an NPC show because they are usually unorganized.
    2. You may not even pass the "control" question where they actually WANT you to lie to get a baseline.
    3. Regardless if you are honest or not...being hooked to the wire makes you sweat. Not a good thing to have extra **** to worry about prior to competing IMO.

BTW...Toughguywannabe...WTF are you talking about???
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%

Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    The testing varies show to show. Most questions I've been asked and heard from others who have been selected to take a polygraph may include but are not limited to:

Have you ever used GH?
    Have you ever used Haotestin?
    Have you ever used steroids? (this one is ridiculous since OTC drugs may bring to mind some doubt).

Have you ever used drugs to enhance your physique? (another bad one).
    Have you ever used prescription drugs which were not prescribed to you? (we all have and they will ask you which ones).
    Have you ever used diuretics? (again, if you have you'll be asked which ones and if they were prescribed).

All of the questions will be asked prior to being hooked to the wire and you can explain yourself at that time. Then they may add some Q's to verify.

The bad thing with poly's is
    1. You may miss pumping up at an NPC show because they are usually unorganized.
    2. You may not even pass the "control" question where they actually WANT you to lie to get a baseline.
    3. Regardless if you are honest or not...being hooked to the wire makes you sweat. Not a good thing to have extra **** to worry about prior to competing IMO.

BTW...Toughguywannabe...WTF are you talking about???
    Thanks for the reply. So since this polygraph is not really accurate is it just a joke that they have it? Also, do you think Nolvadex would get me a DQ?
  15. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.3%

That would be NO...
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.37%

From what I know about lie detectors is that they run off your heart beat and blood pressure, so all you need to do is every day leading up to the show, continually tell yourself that you have not used whatever products you have, and before you know you will actually believed that you havent used anything tell yourself repeatedly...all i use is protein and creatine, all i use is protein and creatine, all i use is protein and creatine . You will be good to go, just stay relaxed and try and zone out when they ask you questions.
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Here you go bro:

http://antipolygraph.org/lie-behind-...e-detector.pdf

Scroll down to page 126.

BV

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please review my Diet/Supp Regiment for Natural Show
    By Selfbeneath in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM
  2. Is it true most programs are overkill for naturals?
    By dexterfan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 07:49 PM
  3. is clen illegal for human use
    By tameyK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 09:28 PM