Tough Mudder!!!

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
Anybody doing the Tough Mudder in Virginia this coming weekend? I'll be there on Sunday with a start time of 11:20, wearing my combat boots, ACU pants and brown t-shirt.

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
What, nobody? Has anybody done it anywhere else this year?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I do want to try it at some point. maybe next year if things work out ok. I have no idea how i would do but it would be nice to finish :)
big problem is the NJ one always seems to be in the fall / winter..

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tough Mudder seems like a lot of fun. Ever do the Warrior Dash?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. The Warrior Dash is a baby version of the Tough Mudder. It's a good event to practice for the TM.
Nice. I participated in Warrior Dash last year, which was my first ever 5 k and it was a lot of fun. I'm not a runner so I had to train myself to do it, now I have 2 8ks under my belt. Tough mudder is next on my radar.

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
Had a blast at the TM in Virginia. I finished it in 4 hours with my combat gear on. Got my one free beer, t-shirt and orange head band at the finish line. $hit was pretty tough but fun and it's more mental than anything. I haven't done any cardio since May and I was able to finish. It's 10 miles long with 27 obstacles but 3/4 of the trail is uphill because it was held at Wintergreen, VA ski resort so there were some steep hills to climb along with rocks/boulders. Saw a bunch of people quitting on the Everest hike, which was a little over a mile up a black diamond trail. I think that is what got rid of a lot of the weak competitors plus the freezing ice cold water in the water obstacles. Will be doing this again next year: http://toughmudder.com/