Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

Who has the Best arm's in Bodybuilding

Friday fun...Who do think has some of the best arms..I like Lee Priest...His Arms are unreal plus he trains them twice a week 6-8 reps and get this, 20 sets...Im gonna try it!!!

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I saw the title of the thread, and immediately thought of Lee Priest. No arguement here.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

I always felt mike matarazzo had the greatest arms in the business. Awesome proportion

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Friday fun...Who do think has some of the best arms..I like Lee Priest...His Arms are unreal plus he trains them twice a week 6-8 reps and get this, 20 sets...Im gonna try it!!!

The routines in the magazines are useless!. The reason the pros are so big is because they are on un-godly amounts of steroids!. They are rich, and don't even have to make or plan out their meals. Someone does that for them!. The only thing they have to do is life the weights!. Everything elese is paid for!
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    The routines in the magazines are useless!. The reason the pros are so big is because they are on un-godly amounts of steroids!. They are rich, and don't even have to make or plan out their meals. Someone does that for them!. The only thing they have to do is life the weights!. Everything elese is paid for!

They are not useless IMO,I feel my biceps are lagging with doing 6-8 sets,what do i have to loose trying something different..Nothhing.Im not saying i need 20 sets but maybe 15.I tried this with triceps and calves and they exploded..I try to keep an open mind about what I read but before I say its bull**** I will at least try it...
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Someone does that for them!. The only thing they have to do is life the weights!. Everything elese is paid for!
    Have you ever though about the fact that they were'nt always pro's? They are pro's for a reason.

Try to follow a plan that is set up for any IFBB pro and you will see its not just "lifting weights".

The programs aren't useless but the simple fact that 20% is about training and the rest is nutrition.

You can follow any training program but if you don't eat right, you won't get jack **** from it.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  7. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Priest gets my vote as well!!
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

8. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Good point Bobo...they had to work up and continually win shows to qualify to get their pro card. You don't just jump into the circuit and become pro...
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

I am learning a vauable lesson here...How many years have I read stuff on eating every two hours and waking up at night to drink a shake and thought to myself,that's not going to make that of a much difference.Then I tried doing just that and it has made all the difference in the world.It's the little basic fundementals that have made a huge difference,Looks like the Holy Grail is right under our noses we just need to pay attention and apply it..
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.42%

Lee Priest is amazing, but I am going with Ahhhnold
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'1"  259 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.26%

no one likes greg valentino?
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Harland
    no one likes greg valentino?
    His are synthol!
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.97%

I think levrone has the best arms.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

No one agrees with me eh lol
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Jarconis
    I think levrone has the best arms.
    Im with you jarconis.
    Dick
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.05%

flex wheeler in his prime
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Priest having 21 inch arms in contest form on a 5'5" frame and you have no comparison. Pries all the whey(hehe)
  18. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.21%

Sergio Oliva
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.42%

I also thought of priest before I even opened the thread. Arnold has great biceps but his triceps suck. LOL thats why almost every pic you see of him his arm is bent. Levrone has the great triceps and shoulders but has no peak on his biceps. Ronnies has freaky biceps and triceps but doesn't have the cuts or asthetics of preist. Almost forgot sergio. He has no peak on his bicep either.
  20. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

Of the classic bodybuilders I think Bertil Fox rates highly.
  21. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.12%

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN

hate to burst your bubble but the #1 reason pros are so big is because of genetics...

you can talk of roids and nutrition all you want; if you dont have the genetics they have; you will NEVER EVER EVER even come CLOSE to getting that big
  22. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    hate to burst your bubble but the #1 reason pros are so big is because of genetics...

you can talk of roids and nutrition all you want; if you dont have the genetics they have; you will NEVER EVER EVER even come CLOSE to getting that big
    Hate to burst your bubble but....

Please explain how genetics plays a role in in breaking genetic limits because thats what gear does.

The reason they are using gear (several grams per week) is because they are breaking the limits of their own genetics. Once past that point your natural genetics no longer play a role in how big you are. Once they go off, they shrink just like everyone else. So sorry, there are plenty of guys as big as the pro's withouth the genetics. The role genetics plays is more proportion than anything. Just look at the difference bewteen Coleman and Ruhl. Both are huge, both use enormouse amounts of gear but Coleman blows him away because of proportion, not size.

Both Arnold and Coleman have great genetics. One is using about 4 grams of gear per week not to mention GH/Slin/IGF-1 and the other is using a couple dbol and some primo. One is 280 while the other is 245. There is your difference. Both have great genetics but both are worlds apart in the amounts of type of gear they are using. Sorry, genetics won't make anyone 280 and 4%bf, only grams of gear will do that.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.25%

Ahmed Haider arms are great also
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Like most guys here, when I think arms, I think Priest.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Wouldn't genetics be something along the lines of having a headstart on the restr and using AS just passes that?

So in the long run a guy who has normal genes uses gear and someone with above normal genes uses gear on the same workouts etc. Wouldn't the guy with better genes still come out on top?
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.68%

Quote Originally Posted by PreMier
    Lee Priest is amazing, but I am going with Ahhhnold
    Thats a sweet pic, i think Arnold is the bicep king.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%

the #1 reason pros are so big is because of genetics...
    Did you Craig Titus was a skinny puke who weighed 140 when he started getting serious about lifting. Genetics certainly do help, but they are not a limiting factor
  28. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.63%

Lee Preist does have the greatest biceps. However, I think when a lot of people see his pictures, they don't realize how freaking short his arms are. I've seen them in person..he is very, very short.

Arnold had great biceps but his tris and forearms suck..Just look at that pic posted above. Forearms are lagging behind big time. Just my opinion.
  29. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.63%

Bean before we make this thread any longer than necessary, please read this thread > HELP PLEASE Workout partner is a puss & wont squat help me convince him 2
  30. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Hate to burst your bubble but....

Please explain how genetics plays a role in in breaking genetic limits because thats what gear does.

The reason they are using gear (several grams per week) is because they are breaking the limits of their own genetics. Once past that point your natural genetics no longer play a role in how big you are. Once they go off, they shrink just like everyone else. So sorry, there are plenty of guys as big as the pro's withouth the genetics. The role genetics plays is more proportion than anything. Just look at the difference bewteen Coleman and Ruhl. Both are huge, both use enormouse amounts of gear but Coleman blows him away because of proportion, not size.

Both Arnold and Coleman have great genetics. One is using about 4 grams of gear per week not to mention GH/Slin/IGF-1 and the other is using a couple dbol and some primo. One is 280 while the other is 245. There is your difference. Both have great genetics but both are worlds apart in the amounts of type of gear they are using. Sorry, genetics won't make anyone 280 and 4%bf, only grams of gear will do that.
    so you're saying I could be 250lbs at ~6% bodyfat if I run enough gear... sorry dude i wont believe that... i really thought you understood this bobo since i've seen your pics of how small you were back in the day... just to let you know, i was a good bit smaller; especially in bone structure...
    these are the genetics I speak of.. 4" wrists and 5.5" ankles? i was 6'1 130lbs and i had a little bit of muscle in my legs from playing soccer... so if i really had sat around and done absolutely nothing i would have been around 120-125

genetics determine your natural limit and the hazy limit when using steroids

maybe i've missed something completely here, did some new study come out that I missed? i'm serious here and not trying to be a jackass; but from all the threads and articles i've read here over the years and at other respected boards; its that genetics plays a role in the mass you can put on; natural or not

i've read the other thread; thx for the headsup... i guess i'm just missing something here; i'm probably the most ectomorphic person on this board; if you want to post skinny pics i will throw down and beat all of you... i know my bones will not handle 80-100lbs of muscle mass; my skeletal frame will increase in size, but not that much
    Last edited by Bean; 08-28-2004 at 02:15 AM.
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.55%

Im going with preist also........... the man is unreal
  32. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.97%

so you're saying I could be 250lbs at ~6% bodyfat if I run enough gear... sorry dude i wont believe that... i really thought you understood this bobo since i've seen your pics of how small you were back in the day... just to let you know, i was a good bit smaller; especially in bone structure...
    these are the genetics I speak of.. 4" wrists and 5.5" ankles? i was 6'1 130lbs and i had a little bit of muscle in my legs from playing soccer... so if i really had sat around and done absolutely nothing i would have been around 120-125

maybe i've missed something completely here, did some new study come out that I missed? i'm serious here and not trying to be a jackass; but from all the threads and articles i've read here over the years and at other respected boards; its that genetics plays a role in the mass you can put on; natural or not

i've read the other thread; thx for the headsup... i guess i'm just missing something here; i'm probably the most ectomorphic person on this board; if you want to post skinny pics i will throw down and beat all of you... i know my bones will not handle 80-100lbs of muscle mass; my skeletal frame will increase in size, but not that much
    That's why you need IGF-1 bro!! It makes everything grow! Just kiddin' I hear you, a friend and sometime workout partner of mine is built like you. 6'4 135lbs and works very hard just to stay at that weight. 100% ecto. I would say that a copious amount of gear used in conjunction with a proper diet would surely pack on some serious lbs, but he'll never be a massive freak.

I think that if you ate enough and used enough gear, you could definately hit 200+ lbs ripped. But, like you said, your bones and joints might not be able to take the stress of that much of an increase in mass and strength in such a short amount of time.

Imagine if Arnold was on the gear that the pro's use today!! I still say he has one of the best developed physiques of any bodybuilder...

BV
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.89%

Arms I am going with Segio and John Grimek.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  34. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.61%

)
    gene regulation is mainly controlled by hormones...and steroids are exogenous hormones.
    cc
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.04%

Darrem Charles

36. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%

Genetics determine:

Proportion
    How well you respond to different steroids
    How prone you are to negative side effects (your tolerance for higher doses)
    How quickly you build muscle naturally
    Your predisposition for losing fat
    Your ability to retain muscle while not on cycle

No matter what you take, there is still a genetic factor. Take my roomate and I for example. If genetics played no role, then he and I could be the same size. However, he is an ectomorph and I'm endo/meso. I can build muscle just by mowing the lawn. He has trouble gaining any weight training heavy and eating 6000+ calories a day. He weighed 135 pounds 4 weeks ago. I put him on M1T 10mg ED and 4AD trans 600mg ED. He started with the 4AD first, then after a week on it, he added the M1t to the mix for 2 weeks. He gained ....... 2 pounds. Sure he had some body recomp as well, but not much weight gained at all, and M1T is powerful stuff; everyone will agree.

Then there's me. On M1,4ADDiol, 1-Test trans, and 1,4andro I gained 27 pounds in 4 weeks. 25 of those pounds were gained the first 3.

You're telling me that genetics aren't a factor?!
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.48%

Excellent post Null. Genetics are the #1 factor (it's what we are). I don't see how people can dispute this? By saying this I do not mean that if someone works very hard they can't attain a great physique but with gear or not some people just will not go as far, this along with asesthetics. The Endo/Meso vs. Ecto is a prime example.

And yes, I am aware I am a newbie here.
    Last edited by LittleChina; 09-03-2004 at 06:23 PM.
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.48%

I agree on Priest. I am a huge Flex Wheeler fan though!
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.03%

for his size ...lee preist

i agree arnold has the best bis in that picand many other pictures
  40. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    gene regulation is mainly controlled by hormones...and steroids are exogenous hormones.
    cc

Exactly.

And Bean, you don't have to believe anything if you don't want. Thats ashame that is the attitude you take. Genetics play a role up to your natural limit, after that when you use gear and the excessive amounts that pro's use today, you break genetic limits. Its that simple. So instead of stating that genetics are the determining factor, at least understand how genetics play the role.

I just love how people state how genetics play such a role but if you ask them to explain why, they have no clue. Its called hormones. And that is not directed at you or trying to be a wise ass. Its just I see the same complaint and arguement everyone on these boards. Its mainly from people who eat like ****, and use way too much gear.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who has the best triceps in the game?
    By SR83 in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
  2. Who Has The Best Bodybuilding Forum
    By One and Only in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
  3. Who has the best price on SD?
    By goyard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 11:34 PM
  4. Who Has The Best Defence Of 2005/2006?
    By Maldito in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 01:02 AM
  5. Who has the best build in NFL
    By chainsaw in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 12:04 PM