Who has the Best arm's in Bodybuilding - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Who has the Best arm's in Bodybuilding

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    i'm serious here and not trying to be a jackass; but from all the threads and articles i've read here over the years and at other respected boards; its that genetics plays a role in the mass you can put on; natural or not

i've read the other thread; thx for the headsup... i guess i'm just missing something here; i'm probably the most ectomorphic person on this board; if you want to post skinny pics i will throw down and beat all of you... i know my bones will not handle 80-100lbs of muscle mass; my skeletal frame will increase in size, but not that much
    YOu can read all the articles you want, but that is becaus emost of the people who write them have many more problems than genetics. Go look at any other board and look how many people post in the steroid sections compared to the nutrition section. If they paid more attention to their diet they might actually get great results and stop looking at genetics as their crutch for failure.

Its very simple. Nutrition is boring to most people. They don't want to plan meals, and eat properly. They would rather plan cycles and use enormous amounts of gear. Then when they don't get the results they want, its "I just don't have the genetics"

BS!!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    Genetics determine:

Proportion
    How well you respond to different steroids
    How prone you are to negative side effects (your tolerance for higher doses)
    How quickly you build muscle naturally
    Your predisposition for losing fat
    Your ability to retain muscle while not on cycle

No matter what you take, there is still a genetic factor. Take my roomate and I for example. If genetics played no role, then he and I could be the same size. However, he is an ectomorph and I'm endo/meso. I can build muscle just by mowing the lawn. He has trouble gaining any weight training heavy and eating 6000+ calories a day. He weighed 135 pounds 4 weeks ago. I put him on M1T 10mg ED and 4AD trans 600mg ED. He started with the 4AD first, then after a week on it, he added the M1t to the mix for 2 weeks. He gained ....... 2 pounds. Sure he had some body recomp as well, but not much weight gained at all, and M1T is powerful stuff; everyone will agree.

Then there's me. On M1,4ADDiol, 1-Test trans, and 1,4andro I gained 27 pounds in 4 weeks. 25 of those pounds were gained the first 3.

You're telling me that genetics aren't a factor?!
    Wrong.

Genetics determines hormone levels which facilitate those mentioned above. People seem to think genetics is some entity that has no explanation. Wrong. Some people have high levels of testosterone, DHT, T3, etc.....and they have them the 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. THAT is why people grow faster or lose fat faster than others. Its hormones. Ask any geneticist. And that is the kindergarden version. We don't even want to start talking about gene regualtion and expression. Well I bet cc wants too

And you also seem to be missing the point that both of you are not even close to your genetic limit. Pro's are well above.

Nobody said genetics aren't factor so please stop making this a black and white issue. Of course they matter but if it took you 10 years to get to 250lb at 6% it might take him 20. Then when you are both maintaining levels of muscle that are well beyond your natural limit, genetics takes a back seat to grams of gear. We were talking about pro's here right? If you want to talk about genetics with pro's then realize that they are well above their natural limit and main factor genetics has then is on proportion, not muscle gain.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

very true eating and cooking is a PAIN IN THE ASS ....but if you want results you must do what it takes ....even if you dont feel like it. its not about how we feel its about what gets us results
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

and when we get results we will feel alot better than bicking over our feelings and not getting results ......lmaoooooooooo are you with me?
    Last edited by John Smeton; 09-04-2004 at 12:56 AM.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LittleChina
    Excellent post Null. Genetics are the #1 factor (it's what we are). I don't see how people can dispute this?
    Its understanding why genetics have a factor. When you understand this, you realize its hormones and the subsequent effects they have.
  6. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Wrong.

Genetics determines hormone levels which facilitate those mentioned above. People seem to think genetics is some entity that has no explanation. Wrong. Some people have high levels of testosterone, DHT, T3, etc.....and they have them the 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. THAT is why people grow faster or lose fat faster than others. Its hormones. Ask any geneticist. And that is the kindergarden version.

And you also seem to be missing the point that both of you are not even close to your genetic limit. Pro's are well above.

Nobody said genetics aren't factor so please stop making this a black and white issue. Of course they matter but if it took you 10 years to get to 250lb at 6% it might take him 20. Then when you are both maintaining levels of muscle that are well beyond your natural limit, genetics takes a back seat to grams of gear. We were talking about pro's here right? If you want to talk about genetics with pro's then realize that they are well above their natural limit and main factor genetics has then is on proportion, not muscle gain.

I don't understand why people can't grasp this, everyone wants to blame something else for their problems I guess.
  7. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bean

i've read the other thread; thx for the headsup... i guess i'm just missing something here; i'm probably the most ectomorphic person on this board; if you want to post skinny pics i will throw down and beat all of you... i know my bones will not handle 80-100lbs of muscle mass; my skeletal frame will increase in size, but not that much
    Bean, your 6'1 170 at age 23. You know how young that is?!?! I wasn't even that when I was 23. In all sense and purpose your metabolism is still flygin high like mine was. Just wait until your metabolism slows down and you start packing on weight like itsa nothing. It didn't even start for me until I was 25!!!!
  8. Elite Member
    Answers

Amen brother - I was a toothpick until I hit 25 as well. As soon as I learned how to eat - 55lbs in less than 2 years. A lot of guys who are hard core ecto's should find that its easier form the to pack on lbs once they approach their 30's.

Exactly.

And Bean, you don't have to believe anything if you don't want. Thats ashame that is the attitude you take. Genetics play a role up to your natural limit, after that when you use gear and the excessive amounts that pro's use today, you break genetic limits. Its that simple. So instead of stating that genetics are the determining factor, at least understand how genetics play the role.

I just love how people state how genetics play such a role but if you ask them to explain why, they have no clue. Its called hormones. And that is not directed at you or trying to be a wise ass. Its just I see the same complaint and arguement everyone on these boards. Its mainly from people who eat like ****, and use way too much gear.
    Definately. And dont forget products like HGH and IGF-1, creating muscle cells that arent even supposed to be there in the first place. Now that's overcomming genetic boundries.

BV
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who has the best triceps in the game?
    By SR83 in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 08:03 PM
  2. Who Has The Best Bodybuilding Forum
    By One and Only in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 12:25 PM
  3. Who has the best price on SD?
    By goyard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 09:34 PM
  4. Who Has The Best Defence Of 2005/2006?
    By Maldito in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 11:02 PM
  5. Who has the best build in NFL
    By chainsaw in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 10:04 AM