What gym you lift at??

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Banned
    Tboz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    272
    Answers
    0

    What gym you lift at??


    Im an Xsport Fitness gym rat..

  2. Registered User
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,481
    Answers
    0

    I used to work out at Synergy, NYSC, then Equinox and now I train at a huge Crossfit box that turns into a powerlifting gym at night. We just got a PL/ westside coach so I'm looking forward to really pushing and raising the bar for myself now.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  3. Registered User
    TheProfessor's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    181
    Answers
    0

    In my Garage. Naked. With boots. The ONLY mans way to train.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Answers
    0

    You sir ARE testosterone ^
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  5. Registered User
    Diabolik's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    318
    Answers
    0

    I work out at the Air Force gym here which sucks so much ass. They have no squat rack, leg press, smith machine, or deadlift platform. We still deadlift and we squat using the military press bench. Squatting like this is obviously dangerous so I haven't gone over 365 because it is such a pain in the ass putting the bar back. I was reppin 405 at my old gym so this is very frustrating. Also their dumbbells don't go over 100. The only other alternative is a Gold's gym here which is ridiculously expensive, $49 a month. I think they charge so much because where I live is isolated and there are no other gyms. Even gyms in Hawaii didn't charge that much.
  6. Registered User
    dunhill225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    322
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik
    I work out at the Air Force gym here which sucks so much ass. They have no squat rack, leg press, smith machine, or deadlift platform. We still deadlift and we squat using the military press bench. Squatting like this is obviously dangerous so I haven't gone over 365 because it is such a pain in the ass putting the bar back. I was reppin 405 at my old gym so this is very frustrating. Also their dumbbells don't go over 100. The only other alternative is a Gold's gym here which is ridiculously expensive, $49 a month. I think they charge so much because where I live is isolated and there are no other gyms. Even gyms in Hawaii didn't charge that much.
    My brother in law delt with the same thing but some of the guys contacted a ton of gyms asking if they wanted to donate any old equipment. They got a lot of free wts, some machines needing work and some decent stuff. You may be pleasantly suprised what people will give.
    Can't you get some guys on base to weld up a step squat rack for you guys? It's a real simple build.

    Good luck bro.
    When you leave this world, will it be a better place because you were here?
  7. Registered User
    Diabolik's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    318
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dunhill225 View Post
    My brother in law delt with the same thing but some of the guys contacted a ton of gyms asking if they wanted to donate any old equipment. They got a lot of free wts, some machines needing work and some decent stuff. You may be pleasantly suprised what people will give.
    Can't you get some guys on base to weld up a step squat rack for you guys? It's a real simple build.

    Good luck bro.
    Thanks man. Well they were supposed to have a squat rack last month now it's supposed to be by the end of this month. Apparently the whole base is having money issues. But for some reason they do have ten very nice flat screens in the gym! Luckily I'm not staying here permanently, we hope to be outta here by the summer. The AF gym in Hawaii was real nice and had everything. I bet if there was a Marine base here they'd have the right stuff!
  8. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Tboz View Post
    Im an Xsport Fitness gym rat..
    I lift at xsport and USA gym in bridgeview

  9. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    Thanks man. Well they were supposed to have a squat rack last month now it's supposed to be by the end of this month. Apparently the whole base is having money issues. But for some reason they do have ten very nice flat screens in the gym! Luckily I'm not staying here permanently, we hope to be outta here by the summer. The AF gym in Hawaii was real nice and had everything. I bet if there was a Marine base here they'd have the right stuff!
    Wow sounds like the AF base I used to lift at. Well minus the fact there were no money issues really. They would just buy stupid equipment and waste money(HUGE overhead fan). It did have squat racks and all but they complained a lot.

    Now I lift at a noncommercial gym run by just man and his wife. He doesnt deal with a bunch of unneccessary cost so membership fee is reasonable at $30 a month 24/7. Lot of BA equipment that you wont find at most gyms. Early I posted a video of a belt squat machine and quite a few people got jealous. Plus the owner is real down to earth and just a generally nice guy.
  10. Registered User
    cardiobro's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517
    Answers
    0

    Golds gym.... Its not a fancy one though. lots of rusted weights and ghetto rigged machines. About half the treadmills work at any given time. The dumbells slide around, and the place smells like sewage sometimes when the septic tanks are full but its a great experience nonetheless!
  11. Registered User
    Diabolik's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    318
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Wow sounds like the AF base I used to lift at. Well minus the fact there were no money issues really. They would just buy stupid equipment and waste money(HUGE overhead fan). It did have squat racks and all but they complained a lot.

    Now I lift at a noncommercial gym run by just man and his wife. He doesnt deal with a bunch of unneccessary cost so membership fee is reasonable at $30 a month 24/7. Lot of BA equipment that you wont find at most gyms. Early I posted a video of a belt squat machine and quite a few people got jealous. Plus the owner is real down to earth and just a generally nice guy.
    Damn, must be nice man! I'm jealous. I can't wait to get back to Florida where there are plenty of gyms to choose from.
  12. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    Damn, must be nice man! I'm jealous. I can't wait to get back to Florida where there are plenty of gyms to choose from.
    Ya I got lucky and a friend showed it to me years ago. Now I take friends there to help spread the word. In fact my workout partner now had never heard of the place until I took him there. Oh and there are plenty of commercial gyms around here that charge less, but are not worth a damn. They wont let you use chalk or even deadlift...WTF!
  13. Registered User
    Diabolik's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    318
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya I got lucky and a friend showed it to me years ago. Now I take friends there to help spread the word. In fact my workout partner now had never heard of the place until I took him there. Oh and there are plenty of commercial gyms around here that charge less, but are not worth a damn. They wont let you use chalk or even deadlift...WTF!
    That's cool of you spreading the word like that. I like helping out the little man, especially when they are good people tryin to make a buck and providing quality services.

    No deadift= no go! Sounds like Planet Fitness!
  14. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    That's cool of you spreading the word like that. I like helping out the little man, especially when they are good people tryin to make a buck and providing quality services.

    No deadift= no go! Sounds like Planet Fitness!
    Well it is such a bad ass gym. Id hate for others to miss out on it. Plus like I said the owner is so nice. You can tell he is a bit older, but he is just strong as an ox. Hell he is even the one who told me about this diet I am using right now. I heard the place used to have even more bigger guys before just all over the place. There are still plenty of big guys, but the way it sounded the gym was even better back in it's prime. I love the fact that I can go there and feel small and weak lol.
  15. Registered User
    owlicks's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    443
    Answers
    0

    Alumni membership at the school gym where I went to law school. Can't complain about seeing undergrad girls every day.
  16. Registered User
    dlew308's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,648
    Answers
    0

    24hr fitness, yay i know....lamers can't even put the weights away....a block from work, and work pays for it...
  17. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    DPRK Socialist National People's Great Hall of Athletic Performance and Bodybuilding for the Great People's Military founded by Kim Il-Sung in 1953.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  18. Registered User
    Grumpy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    YMCA for now until I can get a job and pay for a membership at Family Fitness. Not the best option, but I live in an area that doesn't have many choices. Anytime Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, Choice Fitness. I also attend the school gym before class a couple times, community college gym so don't expect much.

    Actually had a Gold's Gym a couple years ago.... closed!
  19. Registered User
    joedf's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    86
    Answers
    0

    Olympus Athletic Club. Murfreesboro TN. There are four of them in the area. You can usually see Flex Lewis or Brandon Curry in one of them.
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,539
    Answers
    0

    LA FITNESS
  21. Registered User
    benmuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0

    My own house! Cuts out journey time!
  22. Registered User
    TonyGT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    599
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dlew308
    24hr fitness, yay i know....lamers can't even put the weights away....a block from work, and work pays for it...
    +1 same here it's the closest gym near me and same thing happens here no one ever puts their weights away it's so annoying!!!
  23. Registered User
    dunhill225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    322
    Answers
    0

    WOW rt now. Favorite gym I trained at was strong and shapely but I moved.
    When you leave this world, will it be a better place because you were here?
  24. Registered User
    cardiobro's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGT View Post
    +1 same here it's the closest gym near me and same thing happens here no one ever puts their weights away it's so annoying!!!
    I absolutely hate why people dont put their weights away. Idc if its a 110lb girl who left 25 lb plates on a chest press machine or a 16 year old kid(which it usually is) Or a jacked out of his mind 250lb gorilla beast who thinks hes above the rules. Its fuggen annoying and if i catch it i make it a point to de rack the weights right after they are done to make em feel guilty as they should!
  25. Registered User
    TonyGT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    599
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiobro

    I absolutely hate why people dont put their weights away. Idc if its a 110lb girl who left 25 lb plates on a chest press machine or a 16 year old kid(which it usually is) Or a jacked out of his mind 250lb gorilla beast who thinks hes above the rules. Its fuggen annoying and if i catch it i make it a point to de rack the weights right after they are done to make em feel guilty as they should!
    Yep, if you can lift the weights you should be able to clean up what you've used.
  26. Registered User
    Bagged01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    289
    Answers
    0

    My Garage AKA 2ND To None Fitness
    Honolulu Hawaii 96792
  27. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0

    Memorial Gym (one of 5 gyms at my school).
  28. oli
    oli is offline
    Registered User
    oli's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    701
    Answers
    0

    China Lake gym ...navy base. Not too bad, just a lil small - two squat racks, a couple benches, db's up to 150, and 100 lb plates...all i need.
  29. Registered User
    drewski6432's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0

    Gregory gym (one of the gyms on UT's campus)
  30. Registered User
    steppinRazor's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,015
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiobro
    Golds gym.... Its not a fancy one though. lots of rusted weights and ghetto rigged machines. About half the treadmills work at any given time. The dumbells slide around, and the place smells like sewage sometimes when the septic tanks are full but its a great experience nonetheless!
    Haha god damn sounds like the golds I work out at...a minimum of 3 cable machines always broke..takes them months to repair, and the sewage...ohhhh the sewage smell..

    I prefer goin to the Y..i don't know if its the nicer equipment or all the smokin hot house wives that keeps me there..but alotta my buddys go to golds so I'm back and forth between them
    Cultivating Mass.
  31. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    This is my gym... Dont pay attention to the guy deadlifting the girl walking by sure didnt lol.
  32. Registered User
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,360
    Answers
    0

    I workout at Anytime Fitness I'm living in two different places cause of work. But both are good gyms they have everything i need, the one by my work is awesome cause the owner is an natural bodybuilder or so he say's but he knows what gym's needs the only thing it lacks is a powerclean station. But i got multiple bench presses, hexagon bars, and squat racks. So no complaints from me.
  33. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    I workout at Anytime Fitness I'm living in two different places cause of work. But both are good gyms they have everything i need, the one by my work is awesome cause the owner is an natural bodybuilder or so he say's but he knows what gym's needs the only thing it lacks is a powerclean station. But i got multiple bench presses, hexagon bars, and squat racks. So no complaints from me.
    There's a anytime fitness by me. Always thought about joining since it's like 20$ a month

  34. Registered User
    strester's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    333
    Answers
    0

    Gold's Gym ... only 5min from the house
  35. Registered User
    benmuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0

    This is my gym:

  36. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by benmuscle View Post
    This is my gym:

    You did it wrong...
  37. Registered User
    drrockzo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24
    Answers
    0

    I used to workout at golds gym here in utah til I couldnt afford it anymore. Now I workout at my brothers house. Pretty good setup, just have to be creative sometimes.
  38. Registered User
    Sourdough's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,137
    Answers
    0

    recently - Powerhouse gym $19 bucks a month, small but packed with everything i need up to 150lb db's down to earth owner and serious lifters buuuut.....

    Upgraded to - Monster fitness $23 bucks Much bigger, newer equip and has tons of room, boxing(ringS also 2rooms with suspended bags on guides) insane amounts of XTR classes/equip, Tires, sleds, kettle bells, chains, bands etc (plus zumba krav maga n more for ladies)... no stupid lil girls laughing and sitting on my benches... (which is what I was worried bout at first but for how big everyone is serious!) tanning area (not included but cheap) n this next year when my boy turns 5 he can do lil monster boxing without a separate membership.... very happy here.
  39. Registered User
    Houndoom57's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    13
    Answers
    0

    I workout at the gym in my building. It doesn't have anything beyond dumbbells or a broken cable machine. I've been able to progress with just the dumbbells for now but i've already max'd out a few exercises since the highest weight is 50 lbs. Hopefully i'll get enough money to join a nearby gym.
  40. Registered User
    superchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    67
    Answers
    0

    Used to be golds gym in Illinois, but now I work out at stayin alive fitness in south florida.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Forearm pain??? To lift or not to lift?
    By Mikegun in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 09:46 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 08:18 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:58 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:24 AM
  5. Is it OK to lift twice a day?
    By bigred869 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in