Knee pain

1. Registered User

Knee pain

MY knee hurts. When i was seven years old i broke my leg. I got hit by a car while riding my bike. Anyway,my doctor told me years later that i had tendonitis in my knee,so it hurt a few times a year for many years up until about 10 years ago. I don't know why it stopped but it did. I don't remember anything that changed during that time. So,just about 6 months ago it hurt a little and then passed and now it's hurting again pretty bad. I have been up very early lately(working 7 days sometimes) and going to bed late so thought it might be because i wasn't getting enough sleep but there's been plenty of times that i haven't had much sleep and worked many days/week but never happened before. For many many years i've been keeping fast food very low and sugar also(more for health than BBing) but i have been eating Taco Bell more than ever the past year. When i say more than ever i don't mean every day,i mean 1X week where as before it was more like once every month. Basically there isn't a big change in my diet or workout so what could it be? My wife thinks i just moved it the wrong way and didn't notice it at 1st. I twisted it in the past and noticed it right away. I am actually more surprised that it hasn't hurt me in 10 years more than i am that it's hurting me now.... I'm sure there are many things that can help me with the pain but i would like to know what it comes from so i can keep it from ever happening in the 1st place..........I had to copy and paste tendonitis that way because i didn't know how to spell it at 1st. I'm sure everyone knows what it is i didn't mean to link it

2. Registered User

Is anyone here a physical therapist,if so do you know the NST procedure because i'd like to learn it. thanks
    Last edited by Manwhore; 08-15-2004 at 09:34 PM.
  3. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by Manwhore
    Is anyone here a physical therapist,if so do you know the HST procedure because i'd like to learn it. thanks
    What do you mean by HST? That acronym has more than one association. As for the knee, you're 34 man. I'm 28 and my knees are already falling apart. It happens to us active people. You should really see a doc or a therapist in person to get a first hand diagnosis. It could be tendonitis, tendonosis, your ACL could be on the brink of tearing, your knee may not be tracking right, etc. Take it easy and see a doctor.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    What do you mean by HST? That acronym has more than one association. As for the knee, you're 34 man. I'm 28 and my knees are already falling apart. It happens to us active people. You should really see a doc or a therapist in person to get a first hand diagnosis. It could be tendonitis, tendonosis, your ACL could be on the brink of tearing, your knee may not be tracking right, etc. Take it easy and see a doctor.
    I don't have insurance and i was never really one for doctors anyway. All they will do is put me on anti-inflammatorily meds and that's not what i need. How did you pull up HST when i edited it to NST? Anyway,NST is Neurostructural Integration Technique. I am not a powerlifter nor do i put my knees under that much stress so there is no way in hell my knees should be bad at 40 let alone 34. I know it's because i broke my leg when i was 7 but i know i can fix it without surgery or drugs. I am going to start by training legs more. I don't train the leg muscles like i do upper body. I may just need to strengthen the tendon. I'm also going to read all i can on that NST technique and use it myself
  5. -Dalla Hunga-
    Somewhere between a 4x12 stack and a power rack...

You know bro doing squats with proper form fixed my knees up - good tight arch in the lower back, butt back slightly, push with the heels. (westside, basically). My right knee still gives me problems from time to time but I work on my feet about 50hrs a week in addition to intense leg days every 9 days or so.

Still though - Id see a sports doctor first. Not just a regular physician, but a doctor that's trained to fix up sports related injuries. He'll fix the problem, not just the symptoms.

BV
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    You know bro doing squats with proper form fixed my knees up - good tight arch in the lower back, butt back slightly, push with the heels. (westside, basically). My right knee still gives me problems from time to time but I work on my feet about 50hrs a week in addition to intense leg days every 9 days or so.

Still though - Id see a sports doctor first. Not just a regular physician, but a doctor that's trained to fix up sports related injuries. He'll fix the problem, not just the symptoms.

BV
    Yeah he'll also clean out my wallet. :-) It hasn't happened in so long maybe my wife is right and i did twist it. This is how it felt when i twisted it many years ago.
  7. -Dalla Hunga-

Quote Originally Posted by Manwhore
    Yeah he'll also clean out my wallet. :-) It hasn't happened in so long maybe my wife is right and i did twist it. This is how it felt when i twisted it many years ago.
    A lot of chiropractors dont charge all that much - definately worth the investment if you go to the right one. You'd pay a mechanic to look at your car if you weren't sure what was wrong, right?

BV
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    You'd pay a mechanic to look at your car if you weren't sure what was wrong, right?

BV
    NO actually i'd look up the problem on the internet and fix it myself,if i didn't need it right away. I'm going to check out this stuff they use on horses. My mothers friend had similar pain took this stuff and the pain never came back. Her doctor even knew she took it and laughed but said hey whatever works. People go to the doctors for the littlest things now a days. It wasn't like that in the old days. If people would just take the time to learn about things they could just help themselves and alot of time it's better that way. last time i was to a doctor was when i crashed my dirtbike and that was only because my wife and sisters made me go. I'll probably never be to a doctor again until i'm dying.
  9. -Dalla Hunga-

I agree with you there Manwhore - I always try to do things myself and will only see a doctor as a last resort. Like an auto mechanic, its SO hard to find a good one that isnt trying to rip you off...

Still though - as a bodybuilder, if I was having knee trouble, and my own research couldnt solve it, Id be at a sports doctor ASAP. If something happened and I couldnt work legs, that would suck big time.

BV
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help w/ mom's knee pain
    By dsl in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 08:04 AM
  2. Knee pain
    By machinehead23 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 08:30 PM
  3. Knee pain