Anyone else get angry "AFTER" the gym?

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed over the past year or so especially when having an intense day at the gym that I am "in a mood" after working out. Seems strange. I figure it's because of all the hormones released during the gym session but sometimes it bothers me. I dont like comming home from the gym and being in a snotty mood around my family. Anyone else deal with this? What have you done to overcome it?

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
it happens man - maybe do a light cardio session to cool off - like, really light - just pedal the bike for a few mins. just keep it in mind to stay relaxed when u get home

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm freaking gassed out and exhausted after the gym. Getting home is an adventure half of the time.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
yeah I am so wiped after the gym Im usually very very mellow...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've noticed over the past year or so especially when having an intense day at the gym that I am "in a mood" after working out. Seems strange. I figure it's because of all the hormones released during the gym session but sometimes it bothers me. I dont like comming home from the gym and being in a snotty mood around my family. Anyone else deal with this? What have you done to overcome it?
Try going grocery shopping, or running some other errand after your done training. Just dont kill anybody at the supermarket. Thats what I do, it cools me off a bit before I get home, although I get mad when the bagger tries to bag my stuff at self checkout.

For me, on occasion its more that I behave a bit too aggressively after the gym and just need to cool off my killer instinct that I get into while training, so my responses to anything are a bit to intense for some people. Im not really mad often.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am more relaxed after lifting, but I swear lifting keeps me somewhat sane. I feel more confident and at ease. Seems like I deal with people better.

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
I too do seem to be more mellow after the gym. Unless of course i have a bad workout.. Then im pissed at the world.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
It happens to me from time to time as well and is normally either a sign that I am over training or I have a lot of work related stress. If it continues and I start to snap at people I'll either take a week off from training or have a deload week. This seems to resolve it for me.

TMCCLUNG

TMCCLUNG

Awards
I have found that Titanium has helped my mood a ton. I stopped for about 2-3 weeks and BAM!!! back to my bitchy self again. I just started taking Titanium, D1 and Formula-X and have been a lot better. Titanium should also be advertised as a stress formula also. As an Athlete Titanium is a must if your married and want to stay that way. You should see some of the a$$hole$ I ride with at the end of a race season. Unfortunately I work for one of them also.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get pissed after a lift. It's mostly because I have to go home and deal with the wifey, though. :)

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Ya I get pissed sometimes when I just want to relax after that hard work, and someone in my family gives me more **** to do. Maby listen to something really relaxing on the way home? Maby even a one hit if thats an option?

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for all the suggestions fella's (shopping, light cardio, Titanium etc) I will experiment with some of these options. I have realized that it only happens on a really intense day like back, legs or chest, weird!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It relaxes me, but then again I've never had much problems in the anger department.

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
I'm more snappy after the gym sometimes. I think i'm still in that aggressive no bull**** mode from the gym.

drrockzo

drrockzo

Awards
I usually am too exhausted to be mad. But sometimes I get horny from all the hot chicks.

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
I'm more snappy after the gym sometimes. I think i'm still in that aggressive no bull**** mode from the gym.
That is pretty much what i have! It does go away after a bit though.