"No Homo"

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, unless you've been living under a rock or in Bin Laden's palace for quite a while, you're undoubtedly familiar with the term "no homo." I didn't bother any time researching this via wikipedia or urban dictionary, but the short version of how it started, I assume, was someone saying something blatantly gay, getting eyeballed and then blurting out "no homo." To be honest, I could care less if that's not correct or not; it works to illustrate what I want to anyway lol.

Now it seems that "no homo" is said virtually all the time. On AM it seems to show up mostly in logs where someone compliments another member's progress.

Apparently, it's viewed that "no homo" has to be said to avoid one thinking that the opposite is implied.

What I'd like to know is, isn't the majority of the time a statement not a homosexual compliment? I mean, for all of history up until not too long ago (a couple years), we did fine without it.

So this is what I propose. I propose to you that you stop using this ignorant phrase. I'm not calling any of you who use it ignorant, directly, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to throw a brick through a window every time I see it.

Let's go back to the way things were. Say what you do and assume it's taken as it's meant.

So from now on, for those who really want to clarify after commenting on another forum member's physique, feel free to tag on "homo" to the end of that statement if you'd like to shack up with him.

Let's do our part in ridding the world of another obnoxious trend.

p.s. the only amusing time I've ever heard the phrased used is by The Lonely Island (where they are clearly going overboard to illustrate what people already do with this phrase):

san731

san731

Awards
I'm with you. Is it cool if I keep saying "no hetero" though? :p

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm with you. Is it cool if I keep saying "no hetero" though? :p
Yes.

Only for an introductory period of 2 months, though. At the conclusion of that time frame (November 12), that, too, will be unacceptable.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes.

Only for an introductory period of 2 months, though. At the conclusion of that time frame (November 12), that, too, will be unacceptable.
Wow! How quickly the fads change! And yes, I said fads with a "d"! LOL!

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
i feel you on this one, no homo....lol

but seriously, i find myself using the term, really only when complimenting ppl's pics... :| ill try n work on it

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9963443.jpg

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why so many topless men in this thread??? Where are the chicks?

Homo thread is fail!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
future-lower-back-problems-2.jpg

No Homo

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i hate this term.....and the first person i remember saying no homo happens to be this guy....

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

if you know your not a homo, then why say no homo? and yo i think saying no homo is so homo

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kind of reminds me of a few years ago when all the kids would use the term "gay" for something that was lame, as in "Dude, that's just gay!" Completely unneeded and potentially offensive for no good reason. Brings to mind a BB.com ******* who got pissed because I corrected him and posted "nice 'stache *******" on one of my profile picks. 1) As if I care what that moron thinks and 2) He is obviously too stupid to even spell the supposed insult correctly. Anyways, I digress.............

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I wore Vibrams into the gym a few times (squat and deadlift days), I would get asked to spot a lot of dudes doing squats. Is that homo or what? Vibrams in general too...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I wore Vibrams into the gym a few times (squat and deadlift days), I would get asked to spot a lot of dudes doing squats. Is that homo or what? Vibrams in general too...
Vibrams rock!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes.

whoa! Well what about that other board where I always see you saying "Mo' Homo" and then a add a little ";)" after it?

Kind of reminds me of a few years ago when all the kids would use the term "gay" for something that was lame, as in "Dude, that's just gay!" Completely unneeded and potentially offensive for no good reason. Brings to mind a BB.com ******* who got pissed because I corrected him and posted "nice 'stache *******" on one of my profile picks. 1) As if I care what that moron thinks and 2) He is obviously too stupid to even spell the supposed insult correctly. Anyways, I digress.............
yeah man, that's definitly ghey. :p

I got a pair of Pendlay's that I love. Fit very well and are great on leg and back days. I wasn't sure about the fit and took a chance on an internet order but it worked out.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why does that some how seem like a contradiction Midwest???????????/ LOLZ
Well, I don't think there's any type of attraction involved in the slightest, in this case.

...and, ya know, it's a wolf.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whoa! Well what about that other board where I always see you saying "Mo' Homo" and then a add a little ";)" after it?
"That other board" is your facebook wall, you big gossip! You can believe that kingjameskjf and MidwestBeast are no longer "in a relationship," sir! I'm officially changing it to "it's complicated!"

:rofl:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to workout at this gym in Atlanta when I traveled a lot for work. I wore sandals because they were easier to pack. Last day I was there a guy approached me and told me he was sad that "it's just my luck that I find a good looking young man, and then you just go and leave on me." I don't travel with those sandals anymore. Is that homo?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"That other board" is your facebook wall, you big gossip! You can believe that kingjameskjf and MidwestBeast are no longer "in a relationship," sir! I'm officially changing it to "it's complicated!"

:rofl:

ahahahahaha! I laughed at that one and got some "annoyed" looks. I'm in between classes in the school library and should be studying. BTW, I love your avi. Mo' homo.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to workout at this gym in Atlanta when I traveled a lot for work. I wore sandals because they were easier to pack. Last day I was there a guy approached me and told me he was sad that "it's just my luck that I find a good looking young man, and then you just go and leave on me." I don't travel with those sandals anymore. Is that homo?
No, don't think so Milas. Dude obviously just appreciated your rugged good looks. No, um, you know, of course :)

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One thing about "no homo" that relieves me is that in general people still find it unacceptable to be homo. Otherwise people wouldn't go this far out of their way every other comment to illustrate heterosexualness. I personally to this day have never used the term. I think it says alot more about a man that is secure in his manhood that he doesnt seek others approval anyways.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
03da0db0d6c88248164c5a4cc6cfc333.jpg

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing about "no homo" that relieves me is that in general people still find it unacceptable to be homo. Otherwise people wouldn't go this far out of their way every other comment to illustrate heterosexualness. I personally to this day have never used the term. I think it says alot more about a man that is secure in his manhood that he doesnt seek others approval anyways.
Reps.

i agree i havent even read this, i just posted randonly to get my posts up
10015231.jpg

10015291.jpg

Definitely lol'd

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What if some one asks me if I need "less ho's in my life?" Is it then ok to reply, No, MO HO!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;T2Hlsl7bPQg]http://youtu.be/T2Hlsl7bPQg[/video]

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What if some one asks me if I need "less ho's in my life?" Is it then ok to reply, No, MO HO!
My wife asked me what kind of milk I wanted from the store. I told her "No Homo"!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This has turned into an epic fail. I had higher expectations, but apparently bb.com has infiltrated AM. You're all a bunch of trolls! lol

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flai without Milas in the title.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar