GOP Seeks Lawyers to Fight Kerry's 2,000 'Locusts'

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2004
GOP Seeks Lawyers to Fight Kerry's 2,000 'Locusts'

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Perhaps planning to copy Al Gore's coup attempt, Sen. John Kerry is mustering a mob of 2,000 lawyers to create havoc with the election in Florida. Now the Republican Party is seeking legal eagles of its own to swoop down on the invaders.

Hayden Dempsey has resigned as Gov. Jeb Bush's deputy general counsel to head the Florida legal team of his former boss's brother, the Palm Beach Post reported today.
The leader of Kerry's attorneys in Florida: Stephen Zack, who with partner David Boies abetted Gore's antics in 2000. Notable among Zack's troops: Kendall Coffey and Rush Limbaugh's attorney Roy Black.

According to the Post, attorney Joseph Klock, "who represents Secretary of State Glenda Hood and successfully defended then-Secretary of State Katherine Harris before the U.S. Supreme Court, said of the Democrats' battle plan, 'What a horrible environment that will create! Worse than the 17-year locusts — 2,000 lawyers and Democrats at that!'"

Klock, by the way, is also a Democrat.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
This is going to be one really ugly election. Unless Bush wins in a landslide it has the potential to be far worse than the last election. The democrats are greasing the machine to contest the election before it has happened and if it is close they will do anything they can to take the Whitehouse. The results of this I fear will have a far worse effect on the country than the last election.

P

PC1

VG............

In the end, the results will be what the results will be. Despite all his tactics, Gore still lost FL last time around.

As we now know, only yesterday the Bush campaign put it to Kerry essentially saying: Look, with the benefit of hindsight, knowing what we all now know, would you or wouldn't you have gone into Iraq, yes or no. He responded YES. This must have the Deaniacs and his other liberal anti-war constituency in a conniption fit by now.

The Kerry campaign has taken the tack of running based on his brief viet nam experience, as evidenced by the preponderance of time he gave that era of his life during his convention speech. In the coming weeks, his nam experience will be reconstructed and scrutinized against the Swift Boat Vets account. Being a Massachusetts resident, I thought Kerry has been a phony well before this election.

When Kerry voted for the Iraq war initially he showed his true colors. He voted for the war for political expediency. He didn't want to be seen as being weak in matters of defense. While I loathe Ted Kennedy pollitically, he at least had the conviction to vote against the war ON PRINCIPLE. I think that when he's weighed and measured he will be found wanting by voters who are still wrestling with who they're going to vote for, even if they're luke warm on Bush because Kerry is a man without principle or conviction of heart.

The Bush haters will vote for anyone but Bush, they're a lost cause. But I think the tide has turned and momentum is swinging against Kerry right now. I'm fairly confident Kerry will go down in defeat in November. And there is no question in my mind that that is a good thing for this country irrespective of how one feels about George Bush.

J

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
the 9/11 commission has shown a # of things. first of all, despite the lefty rhetoric, bush did NOT lie. it's simply bogus.

there really isn't much different between kerry and bush on the iraq war. kerry voted to authorize it, and he would have gone in even knowing what we know now about WMD's (that we haven't found them. we still don't know that he didn't HAVE them).

iirc, the vast majority of the dem senators who voted FOR the invasion said the same thing kerry said - they still would vote to authorize the invasion, even knowing what we know now

rhetoric aside, that's the reality

deaniacs take note

J

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
also noted that kerry voted AGAINST gulf war I which boggles my mind

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
In the end, the results will be what the results will be. Despite all his tactics, Gore still lost FL last time around.
It had to go to the supreme court though. The way I see it the dems are setting themselves up to contest the election no mater what. The problem is there are so many liberal activtst judges who believe in legislating from the bench. Take Florida in 2000 for example. The court ignored the states own procedure for a contested election. What Al Gore wanted was a recount of democratic areas only and the court agreed with him. On top of that there were wide spread accounts of them cheating in the recount. A democratic activist was caught with a vote-o-matic machine. This time around they are ready to take the election at any cost.
The Kerry campaign has taken the tack of running based on his brief Viet Nam experience, as evidenced by the preponderance of time he gave that era of his life during his convention speech. In the coming weeks, his Nam experience will be reconstructed and scrutinized against the Swift Boat Vets account. Being a Massachusetts resident, I thought Kerry has been a phony well before this election.
Living here as well I knew he had problems but not to the extent that has come out with the swift boat issues. I though most of the controversy with him had to do with him protesting the war which he has a right to do. The charges of the swift boat vets are pretty serious. The press trying pretty hard to burry the story though. I wonder how they would have treated the story if it was Bush instead of Kerry.lol
When Kerry voted for the Iraq war initially he showed his true colors. He voted for the war for political expediency. He didn't want to be seen as being weak in matters of defense. While I loathe Ted Kennedy politically, he at least had the conviction to vote against the war ON PRINCIPLE. I think that when he's weighed and measured he will be found wanting by voters who are still wrestling with who they're going to vote for, even if they're luke warm on Bush because Kerry is a man without principle or conviction of heart.
Kerry is going to get hammered for his various positions on the war.
The Bush haters will vote for anyone but Bush, they're a lost cause. But I think the tide has turned and momentum is swinging against Kerry right now. I'm fairly confident Kerry will go down in defeat in November. And there is no question in my mind that that is a good thing for this country irrespective of how one feels about George Bush.
I think it will be a pretty close election with Bush winning.