Sudden increase in facial hair growth-rate

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
I recently dropped down to 69kg, the lowest i've ever been in my adult life and even though I haven't had a bf% calculation, I'm pretty sure I'm at single digits.

Since dropping from 78kg to 69kg, I have noticed a slow but steady increase in the rate at which my facial hair is growing. Up until 3 months ago, I needed a full 10 days to get the "9 to 3" o'clock shadow, and now, I get it in just 4! that means my facial hair is growing more than twice as fast as before.

I'm not on any supplements, just your basic low-carb, low-kcal, medium fat, high protein diet and basic weight training.

So my obvious question is: does bf% or weight in general play a part in facial hair growth-rate?

I'm 25 by the way, and NEVER been particularly hairy anywhere on my body (I still don't have more than a 5-6 visible hairs on my upper lip and my chest only got hairs about 5 years ago).

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
genetics I think...

I went from barely having hair to being an ape almost overnight when I was in my early 20's...

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
Well genetics would make sense, I'm Greek/Armenian from my father's side so by all accounts I should have quite a bit of facial and body hair. But I took after my mother's side which is Scots, Irish, English and Welsh. My skin complexion is VERY pale. I've known Russians, Ukrainians etc that are blond and blue eyed but LESS pale than me.

To be honest I'm quite relieved i don't have a lot of body hair because what I do have is black and it doesn't look too nice, especially on my chest.

Maybe 25 is a turning point for my body, who knows?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
yeah... I was pretty hairless and was like thank god since my dad's a hairy bastard and then it just kicked into overdrive... hate it...might consider laser hail removal at some point in my life...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
Not when compared to Greeks and Armenians my friend! :laugh:

But it's partially true, many of my friends here in Glasgow are pretty hairy. Their skin complexion though tends to be very fair.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man! My ex's dad was scottish and it was like he was wearing a sweater!!! Armenians are more hairy?! Good luck bro!!!

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
I can only assume so. Armenian's tend to be darker on average than Greeks and back home in Athens, all but one of my friends have hair on their backs and shoulders!

My eldest sister got her complexion from the Greek/Armenian side and when she gets a tan in the summer, here in Britain A LOT of people ask her is she's part-Indian/Pakistani/Arabic.

Meanwhile I look like the love child of Casper the Friendly Ghost and the little girl from the Kinder chocolate adverts!:laugh:

HamrphisT

HamrphisT

Awards
Ya most def genetics... Diet and weight should have no impact.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Take it from me, generally speaking Scots are not overly hairy. I found lately that my beard grows in a lot better but I'm willing to put this down to the effect of time as much as anything else, could be a signal that your lovely testosterone is now being turned into dht...

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
At about 36 I started getting hair on my back and shoulders. Enjoy being hairless because it can change.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I cant believe no one has said it! You probably boosted your testosterone by getting your body fat so low! Less fat equals less estrogen conversion. Probably wont boost muscle building since your probably not eating enough, but at least you can sleep easy knowing you have it! Well you dont really KNOW that you have it but...