Checkered vans

Is it ok to wear Checkered vans in 2004?

• YES THE 80'S ROCKED

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • NO IT'S JUST WRONG AND HAVE LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY BECAUSE OF THIS QUESTION

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters
custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
If that is your "look", cool, but dont try to pull them off with a polo and khakis or something. :)

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah, especially for $10! I love vintage shoes, I guess it's mostly nostalgia. I really like the adidas and pony reissues.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Well I grew up in the 80's so I think that they are cool..

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
You mean to WEAR!? OMG... don't be THAT guy! (j/k) =)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
had 2 or 3 pairs back in the day, they were the best :thumbsup:

Actually the only thing cooler would be Vision Street Wear ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, Vision Street Wear. Now those were the days. I remember I had to trim the hedges and cut grass to save up enough money to get my first pair of Vans. :D

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The coolest were black suede Vision Street Wears...back in the skater days :D

red_devil1469

Awards
What about suede Pumas with fat laces?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Would you wear them today though?
umm.............................

no, probably not :lol:

I actually just got rid of my last pair of Vans I had from years ago last week. They were just big enough that they still fit and really weren't in horrible shape, but the sad reality is that those days are gone for me, and they just looked out of place if I wore them. :(

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I used to wear those things too. Remember LA gear???...LOL...

I went through so many Vans, airwalks, etc, when I was growing up....

Now I only buy Etnies....and a couple other brand of skate shoes...they;'re nice lookin and are comfortable and go with just about anything....

Here's a few styles...like 40-70 bones...

Attachments

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I used to wear those things too. Remember LA gear???...LOL...
lol I forgot about those.
Now I only buy Etnies....and a couple other brand of skate shoes...they;'re nice lookin and are comfortable and go with just about anything....
Wouldn't you rather own a pair of these..........

Attachments

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Oh, hell yes! That's all I owned while in high school. Never wore socks, so they were rank. But, they weren't cool unless you wore a hole in them where your big toe is. I was even able to special order my own custom Vans. I had blue checks in the front, red checks in the back, Hawaiian print in the middle, and small black checks on the side of the soles. Damn, they were ugly boones!

Hell, I even had checkerboard windows on my truck. Took me hours to stencil and cut out each square. But, what did I have better to do...homework?! Yea right. :D

I almost bought some checkered Vans the other day, but my wife (who rules my world :whip: ) talked me out of it. After seeing this thread, I may go back and get them. :twisted:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
If that is your "look", cool, but dont try to pull them off with a polo and khakis or something. :)
LOL...I wore them for my Christmas Ball! Haven't you ever seen Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Spicolli was the best.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

OMG.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
That is awful...but do you know what would go good with those? Those old school 80's white painter caps worn backwards, with a pink tank top with white puff pants.....hahahaha

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
That is awful...but do you know what would go good with those? Those old school 80's white painter caps worn backwards, with a pink tank top with white puff pants.....hahahaha
It only works if you have a rat tail with it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
LOL.....I used to wear those Mc Hammer pants back in grade school while I was sitting back watching 21 Jumpstreet, while listening to Faith No More on my big ass boombox that I carried around...:lol:

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I used to wear those Mc Hammer pants back in grade school
Did you have the Whole Hammer suit with the funky matching shirt with the vanilla ice hair cut or just the pants?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Did you have the Whole Hammer suit with the funky matching shirt with the vanilla ice hair cut or just the pants?
ROFLMAO!!....dude, I had everything...I had the lines shaved in my head and used to wear the funky looking long sleeve t-shirts that complimented the pants...lol...although they never matched and totally clashed...you could never find a matching design with those things.... :hammer: :rofl:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
ROFLMAO!!....dude, I had everything...I had the lines shaved in my head and used to wear the funky looking long sleeve t-shirts that complimented the pants...lol...although they never matched and totally clashed...you could never find a matching design with those things.... :hammer: :rofl:
****...I should go as Vanilla Ice this Halloween...I could totally pull it off....:lol:

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OK...I think a MOD needs to lock this thread before it gets out of hand ;)

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
****...I should go as Vanilla Ice this Halloween...I could totally pull it off....
Why wait untill halloween.lol

PreMier

PreMier

Awards
Damn those are some fugly kicks!

The Converse Allstars are good for squatting, thanks to the flat, almost non-existant sole.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Add some acid washed jeans and a mullet dude, why not go all the way?:thumbsup:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

If you're in collega ATM you're doing just fine with those. Just roll them around in some dirt, get some holey jeans, and a matching checkered polo shirt, grow a beard, buy an acoustic guitar and you're set ;) I see ton's of guys on my campus wearing that stuff...would I..........well...........no. I'll miss shower days, I wont shave, I'll say f*ck it when it comes to deodorant, but I haven't quite built up the balls to wear checkered vans. More power to you though! :thumbsup:

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I actually just got rid of my last pair of Vans I had from years ago last week. ... :(
Funny you mentioned that. I had to throw my black and white checkered hi-top Vans away not
too long ago. They got set on a shelf after they got a hole around the toe where the rubber meets
the canvas. I just couldn't get rid of em though. It was like a long good-bye. ..lol.

Oh....VG...where'd you get those anyway???

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I still wear a pair of the green ones. Both have holes in the toe area, both are severely faded, but that's why I love them! Throw in a t-shirt, some kahki shorts, & the green vans & it's like going back to high school again..... The Fiancee hates them, but then again, she's only 27 years old..:rofl:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Damn those are some fugly kicks!

The Converse Allstars are good for squatting, thanks to the flat, almost non-existant sole.
Bro... those are some hot 80's babes...