US Customs seizure

• Thread starter FavoriteMistake
  • Start date

FavoriteMistake

Awards
i recieved one of those little treasury and US Customs services papers that states your mail has been seized because it was either narcotics or "contraband" and that i will recieve correspondence from fines, penalties, and forfeitures branch in the near future, which is bogus.

I have heard that they come after nearly no one when a mail order is a small amount intended for personal use as opposed to distribution, also, they only come after the ones who call up customs to try and contest the charge and get their stuff back.

my question is...can i no longer mail order anything to my house and/or in my name since it is common that customs saves names and addresses? Willl they just investigate every package sent to my name and/or address from overseas from now on?
any help would be appreciated, especially if anyone has any experience with this situation.

much appreciated

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I worked a few details with two Customs Agents a few years back, and this was one of the issues I brought up. I was told that certain oversees places are red flagged in their system, and the packages are randomly checked. If there is "contraband", and the amount appears for personal use and/or there are other circumstances, the package is sent through. However, your name and address is now red flagged. I was advised that they would allow 3-4 packages of "contraband" through before they would act upon paying a visit to the purchaser. A visit may range from local law enforcement, as a favor, sent to ask questions and obtain identification. Or, maybe a search warrant by a local task force that a Customs Agent is a part of.

So, to answer your question. Your name/address has more than likely been red flagged. It is highly probable that future packages will be searched.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i recieved one of those little treasury and US Customs services papers that states your mail has been seized because it was either narcotics or "contraband" and that i will recieve correspondence from fines, penalties, and forfeitures branch in the near future, which is bogus.

I have heard that they come after nearly no one when a mail order is a small amount intended for personal use as opposed to distribution, also, they only come after the ones who call up customs to try and contest the charge and get their stuff back.

my question is...can i no longer mail order anything to my house and/or in my name since it is common that customs saves names and addresses? Willl they just investigate every package sent to my name and/or address from overseas from now on?
any help would be appreciated, especially if anyone has any experience with this situation.

much appreciated
it all depends on what you ordered. what did you order?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yes, unless you order to a different addresss now, you're packs will be seized and red flagged. MOST do not continue on with charges being filed, etc, but that doesn't mean that it CAN'T happen. Clean house, clean computer, etc...

Honestly, I don't understand why people still order int'l. There are SO many domestic UG labs nowadays there's no reason not to go with one of them....and even if you want int'l items, almost everybody has a remailer for a small fee...

Coolkat

Awards
Suppose you just order some HCG and/or Proviron. Would that be a serious, or wouldn't they bother with ancillaries ???

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Both are class 3 scheduled. They could arrest you bro.

You need to get Rick Collins' book.

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
I also had this happen two years ago. They can not arrest you
if you never had the package in your hands. the fines, penalties,
and forfeitures letter will simply state that if you have a script for
the contents of the package you can pick it up, if not they will
destroy it (or the agents will use it themselves :lol: ), they cant sieze a package with
your name on it w/o notifying you. I wouldnt order anything to that address again
though. It is now in the database.