How to close a Windows Messenger account.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
How do I close my account on Windows Messenger? I'm giving my one old machine to my Aunt and I need to clean it, etc, before I let her have it.

I tried all the options but can't see or firgure out how to do it. CAN it even be done?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I think these are the instructions I followed to do it (#$#$#$ micr$oft)

http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak2089.aspx

If not google uninstall windows messenger. If you uninstall it I would not worry about the account too much.

Thanks man, but I would still like to have it on there, just not with my own account. If I do that, can I re-install it with a blank account? I don't have my XP back-up disc either...can't seem to find it..****....

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, but I would still like to have it on there, just not with my own account. If I do that, can I re-install it with a blank account? I don't have my XP back-up disc either...can't seem to find it..****....

Okay, I got it now man thanks. I didn't have that SP1 on my XP version. Thats what was confusing me before when I went in to uncheck in "Add/Remove Programs."

Now, hopefully when I run my on-board system restore I can get it back.....sweet deal..